Report: Apple working on Verizon iPhone - Wireless- msnbc.com

Interesting.. I thought this was off the table... Guess not.
    03-29-10 05:44 PM
    lmao...there has been talk of this for a year now. Nothing new. It wont be this year as VZW wont have LTE rolled out yet.
    03-29-10 05:47 PM
    as if I'd want a touch screen phone without feedback? or a wimpy speaker? or no multitasking?? I'd HATE to not be able to run Pandora when doing other things. to **** with the Jesus phone. seriously. different strokes.

and this shouldn't even be in this forum, come to think of it.
    03-29-10 05:47 PM
    yeah
    10char
    03-29-10 05:49 PM
    wrong forum.. there are threads already made abotu this in the Iphone forum on here
    03-29-10 05:49 PM
    wrong forum.. there are threads already made abotu this in the Iphone forum on here
    i already reported this thread...
    03-29-10 05:51 PM
    Yeah, it was out on CNBC and the Wall Street Journal earlier as well.

Two New IPhones Coming; One May Be Aimed at Verizon - WSJ.com

Essentially they're saying that this year's iPhone release is about CDMA and the iPhone mini....

Rimm, don't blow your next couple of introductions ( ie S3, Tour2, etc.) like PALM did with the DROID. Don't get lost in the iPhone hype.
    Last edited by widdlewade; 03-29-10 at 06:26 PM.
    03-29-10 05:52 PM
    I am a bit confused: the company that actually builds the iphone is Foxtron and not this company quoted in the article.
    03-29-10 05:58 PM
    as if I'd want a touch screen phone without feedback? or a wimpy speaker? or no multitasking?? I'd HATE to not be able to run Pandora when doing other things. to **** with the Jesus phone. seriously. different strokes.

and this shouldn't even be in this forum, come to think of it.
    Sounds to me like you want a Droid!
    03-29-10 06:01 PM
    if the iphone comes to verizon, ATT is fuccccked.
    03-29-10 06:41 PM
    Whats the point of having an iPhone on Verizon if you can't talk and surf the web?
    03-29-10 07:23 PM
    or a wimpy speaker?.
    Both the Storm 1 and 2 have a better speaker than the iPhone 3G and 3GS. I have to keep volume at a medium setting for movies and music, or it gets distorted. Both Storms I have used have much better volume.
    03-29-10 07:26 PM
    I love my BB too much to even think of getting the iphone. I would never want to be on AT&T and I don't see Verizon gettiing the iphone at any time no matter what the rumors are. I would never want a phone that you can't even get a new battery for. I have three co-workers who have it, they love it but they hate their service. So they have a phone they brag about and that is about it. I happen to love what BB does and it is a personal choice.
    03-29-10 07:47 PM
    I love my BB too much to even think of getting the iphone. I would never want to be on AT&T and I don't see Verizon gettiing the iphone at any time no matter what the rumors are. I would never want a phone that you can't even get a new battery for. I have three co-workers who have it, they love it but they hate their service. So they have a phone they brag about and that is about it. I happen to love what BB does and it is a personal choice.
    I agree - not being able to put an extended battery in, or slapping an SD card in, is just total sillyness to me.

Blackberries are the best for customizing.
    03-29-10 08:30 PM
    Won't be waiting in line for one...
    03-29-10 08:33 PM
    Actually winmobile was awesome to customize...heck of a lot easier then BB.
    But this thread is so off topic, out there, etc.
    03-29-10 08:33 PM
    Old news

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-10 08:55 PM
    Some BB users will definitely go iPhone if this happens while others won't. It certainly won't help RIM, thats for sure.

I know my girlfriend would get an iPhone instantly while you couldn't pay me to use one. People who knock BB's probably haven't used one newer than the pearl or curve 83xx.
    03-29-10 09:38 PM
    lmao...there has been talk of this for a year now. Nothing new. It wont be this year as VZW wont have LTE rolled out yet.
    Agree with that

This tread should be moved to the Apple/iPhone section.
    03-29-10 09:41 PM
    I imagine there will be quite a few people moving to the iPhone once its released to Vzw. I'll probably get one and retire the ol S1, but I'm sure to keep to keep the S2, that's my bread and butter!
    03-30-10 07:30 AM
    Oh are you wrong on this one! Yes, indeed VZW is getting th iPhone this summer. Trust me, it's coming for sure!!!
    03-30-10 07:35 AM
    Oh are you wrong on this one! Yes, indeed VZW is getting th iPhone this summer. Trust me, it's coming for sure!!!
    Actually, its not coming till fall

03-30-10 08:33 AM
    Whats the point of having an iPhone on Verizon if you can't talk and surf the web?
    You can. I do it often. And I don't even use wifi. A few of my friends have also done this, with phones that have no wifi.

03-30-10 08:56 AM
    You can. I do it often. And I don't even use wifi. A few of my friends have also done this, with phones that have no wifi.

no you didnt...its not possible on VZW CDMA network without skype or some other workaround
    03-30-10 08:58 AM
    Engadget just reported that the new iPhone's name is the "iPhone HD" and its launch date is June 22.

Source:
    WSJ: Apple 'developing new iPhone,' plus another for Verizon (update: iPhone HD, front-facing camera?) -- Engadget
    03-30-10 08:58 AM
190 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD