So i actually have an ITouch but i think it would hold the same for either the iTouch or iPhone. the screen on my touch broke a few months back - like right after i got it but it still works so i jsut stuck with it. But recently the battery fried and now it wont even charge. I am still in the 1 year warranty and called apple they said i could get a replacement bc the bat is a factory defect. Would that be considered independent of the screen breaking and will they fix it anyways. or bc the screen is broken they wont do anything... anyone know?
    08-24-09 05:43 PM
    You may want to tell them about the screen... more than likely, they will say, the damage done to the screen was probably the reason for your battery being fried. Example... you dropped it and broke your screen and now your battery isn't charging up because of that drop. Whether it's true or not, you may have to pay for the screen to be repaired which IMO, you might as well get a new touch.
    08-24-09 05:49 PM
    mmk bc there is nothing in the limited warranty statement which address that issue. Only that factory defects (battery) will be replaced and not normal wear and tear (screen). I doubt i shocked the battery as i walked into a desk with my pod in my pocket so that cracked the screen. But idk. thanks though
    08-24-09 06:04 PM
    But any wear to the device that is not normal could void the warranty. If the device doesnt look to be dropped and excessive abuse, then your warranty will probably be good for the battery.
    08-24-09 06:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD