I currently have blackberry curve but I want a touch and larger screen and want to play facebook games on it. I am ready for upgrade with ATT and thought of getting Iphone 3sg but what is the major difference with 3sg and 4? all i really do is email, a little bit of internet stuff. Any advice on the blackberry torch as well? Not sure If I should go with iphone or torch. Please any advice would be great!
    11-20-10 10:58 AM
    Torch = Email
    iPhone = Apps and social networking

Take your pick
    11-20-10 12:15 PM
    Don't do it

Get an ipod touch

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-10 12:16 PM
    Anyways.....

I really love my iPhone. I'll never carry anything else. Once you go to an iPhone, you'll never look back.
    Shanicenicolle likes this.
    11-20-10 12:27 PM
    The iPhone 4 is amazing and simply amazing jailbroken. Would take a crap load of things for me to go back to a BB again.
    11-20-10 12:41 PM
    do you think there will be any black friday sales on the iphone?
    11-20-10 12:43 PM
    Nope. There never is
    11-20-10 12:52 PM
    I have both, like others, a 9650 and iPhone4. The 9650 I got from work and the iP4 is personal. I have to say that the iP4 is a much easier phone to use and access things with..it is a dummy proof phone..and that by no means is to disrespect the iP4..the iP4 doesn't come with a instruction book either..which should tell you how easy it is to use..right? Basically, you use the iP4 a few times and you get the hang of it.

Not to bash my BB here, but it is really cumbersome to send text, unless you get an app (crunchSMS mimics the iP4 text) which will you get you to text alot quicker. Having to press 7 buttons to finally get to texting is ridiculous.
    11-20-10 01:22 PM
    do you think there will be any black friday sales on the iphone?
    iPhone doesn't nor does it need to do BOGO's like Android and Blackberry phones. If you play games then iP4 is better than 3Gs, retina display, much better battery and more power.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 11-20-10 at 02:23 PM.
    11-20-10 02:20 PM
    I have both, like others, a 9650 and iPhone4. The 9650 I got from work and the iP4 is personal. I have to say that the iP4 is a much easier phone to use and access things with..it is a dummy proof phone..and that by no means is to disrespect the iP4..the iP4 doesn't come with a instruction book either..which should tell you how easy it is to use..right? Basically, you use the iP4 a few times and you get the hang of it.

Not to bash my BB here, but it is really cumbersome to send text, unless you get an app (crunchSMS mimics the iP4 text) which will you get you to text alot quicker. Having to press 7 buttons to finally get to texting is ridiculous.
    BB = SmartPhone
    iPhone = Dummy Proof phone

7 clicks to SMS? That's not a phone issue, that's user error.
    11-20-10 03:36 PM
    Never buy a Torch, if you were to get a touchscreen get the iPhone 4.

11-20-10 03:40 PM
    iPhone all the way.

Seriously I don't notice any major difference in regards to email handling, when compared to previous blackberry.

The phones not perfect, but it beats my previous berry ownership 10x
    11-20-10 08:20 PM
    The display on the ip4 is nice. If you want more out of your device, you can't go wrong with an IP4. From what others have posted in other threads, the iPhone4 handles email just fine via exchange/active sync.
    11-20-10 09:26 PM
    Ive had my i4 for four months now, coming from five years with Blackberry. i4 is superb.
    11-20-10 10:06 PM
    I moved from a BB 8900 just 2 weeks ago and so far so good. Virtual keyboard works well buy takes a little bit of time to get used to. Screen is amazing. Camera is ok but quality of pics was higher on my BB even tho res was lower. Otherwise, definitely happy with the change.

11-22-10 11:23 PM
    Anyways.....

I really love my iPhone. I'll never carry anything else. Once you go to an iPhone, you'll never look back.
    But if you have an ipod touch... or an iPad.. then all 3 devices will FEEL redundant..that's the reason i switched back to a Blackberry.
    11-22-10 11:33 PM
    BB = SmartPhone
    iPhone = Dummy Proof phone
    The only reason I see one would need a BB is to have a secure connection for BES/Outlook (as my work required me to have it). BUT, honestly, what else or where else can you see a BB being "smarter" than the iPhone?

I'm not trying to cause waves here as I was about to buy another iPhone4 for myself, but the 9650 I got (from work) has kinda put a hold on the purchase..but not sure now.
    11-24-10 01:49 AM
    Anyways.....

Absolutely agree..the iPhone and BB are on different universes. Unless you are required by your work to use the BB because of security reasons, I'd get a iPhone.
    11-24-10 01:54 AM
    Hi

I'd suggest iPhone4- 3GS improvements have been huge!
    Retina Display (best phone I've ever seen), HD recording, a 5 megapixel camera, a new slim design, more than 1GHz processor and 512MB of RAM. It really meets the businessmen requirements; email feature.
    iPhone 4 really the best, most improved features in Apple phone did. and these are the reasons why I crowned; the greatest generation ever iPhone.

---------
    11-24-10 06:05 AM
    I moved from a BB 8900 just 2 weeks ago and so far so good. Virtual keyboard works well buy takes a little bit of time to get used to. Screen is amazing. Camera is ok but quality of pics was higher on my BB even tho res was lower. Otherwise, definitely happy with the change.

Camera on the iPhone 4 is most definitely better, do you touch to focus?
    11-24-10 07:39 AM
    Camera on the iPhone 4 is most definitely better, do you touch to focus?
    Yes.

To be honest, I carry both the iPhone4 and a BB. It's different in many ways.
    11-24-10 09:19 AM
    But if you have an ipod touch... or an iPad.. then all 3 devices will FEEL redundant..that's the reason i switched back to a Blackberry.
    I totally agree. I have a MacBook pro and I'm feeling this way already. When I get an iPad it is going to be unbearable!
    11-30-10 01:26 PM
    I can agree with this. I have an iPhone 4, iPad, and a MBP. I have been thinking about going back to Blackberry just to break it up.

If only the Torch wasn't a steaming pile of poo.
    11-30-10 02:40 PM
    The only reason I see one would need a BB is to have a secure connection for BES/Outlook (as my work required me to have it). BUT, honestly, what else or where else can you see a BB being "smarter" than the iPhone?

I'm not trying to cause waves here as I was about to buy another iPhone4 for myself, but the 9650 I got (from work) has kinda put a hold on the purchase..but not sure now.
    I was just paraphrasing what he said, but its the little things that I find dumb like not being able to open the mail settings when in the mail program. You have to get out of mail, go to settings, find mail and make your changes and then launch Mail again.
    11-30-10 03:46 PM
    iphone fan fo sho
    11-30-10 10:37 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD