iPhone Recovery Stick - YouTube

This is where iPhone fails.
    04-16-12 09:17 AM
    LOL how comforting for iPhone owners. What a secure device..
    04-16-12 09:43 AM
    04-16-12 09:58 AM
    that's it. Yet another thing you can get on the iPhone that is not available on the BlackBerry!
    To all the BB lovers out there that still love their BlackBerry's, besides the above absolute sharing of your most secret information, if you switch to iPhone today, you can also get:

1. Frequent and expensive upgrades. Siri can work on the iP4 but why allow it when you can force people to upgrade.

2. Relationships with legal entities. Apple is being sued by the Justice Department for price fixing e-books.

3. Capitalism at its best. Mass suicides from component manufacturers.

4. Content is more difficult to access from competitors such as Kindle, Kobo, Nook, Audible, etc. Hey, we know you want our stuff anyway. We are just helping you out. Really.

What are you BlackBerry loyalist waiting for? It does not get any better than this. Switch to iPhone now. A kid in China sold his kidney to get one. You know it has to be that good. The kid is still alive so it proves you don't need your kidney.

Forget about your physical keyboard and all its awesome shortcuts (we can't sell you anything on it) just go virtual. After all, you already have a physical keyboard at home and work don't you? People say it is because they are more efficient and easy to use but hey, live on the wild side. Besides, Apple knows what is best for you, that is why they don't give you a choice of various devices.
    Apple knows best and does not want to bother you with swapping batteries or SD cards. We are just going to clog the data of your device 300% to save the 90% of pictures you actually delete and then when you get used to using our cloud stuff we will charge you for it. Besides, you are helping the economy by all the overages or unlimited data plan you will have to pay your carrier.

NOT!
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 04-16-12 at 10:59 AM.
    04-16-12 10:48 AM
    Wrong. That requires you to install something first.
    04-16-12 12:06 PM
    WOW, I'm not exactly sure if this is a good thing or bad thing. For parents, employers and law enforcement this might be good, but for children and criminals not so good. I will just keep my BlackBerry and not be concerned
    04-16-12 12:16 PM
    that's it. Yet another thing you can get on the iPhone that is not available on the BlackBerry!
    To all the BB lovers out there that still love their BlackBerry's, besides the above absolute sharing of your most secret information, if you switch to iPhone today, you can also get:

1. Frequent and expensive upgrades. Siri can work on the iP4 but why allow it when you can force people to upgrade.!
    Reminds me of when I had the Tour 9630 and couldn't get OS6. Or how the OS6 devices can't get Blackberry 7.

2. Relationships with legal entities. Apple is being sued by the Justice Department for price fixing e-books.!
    I guess this is a negative? I don't see this effecting the marketplace a whole lot.

3. Capitalism at its best. Mass suicides from component manufacturers.!
    Because factory workers for other devices take lunch breaks at their mansions and go for a swim in their gold layered pools.

4. Content is more difficult to access from competitors such as Kindle, Kobo, Nook, Audible, etc. Hey, we know you want our stuff anyway. We are just helping you out. Really.!
    I access my library of Kindle books fine on my iphone 4.

What are you BlackBerry loyalist waiting for? It does not get any better than this. Switch to iPhone now. A kid in China sold his kidney to get one. You know it has to be that good. The kid is still alive so it proves you don't need your kidney.!
    That is the negative about Apple products, they are expensive.

Forget about your physical keyboard and all its awesome shortcuts (we can't sell you anything on it) just go virtual. After all, you already have a physical keyboard at home and work don't you? People say it is because they are more efficient and easy to use but hey, live on the wild side. Besides, Apple knows what is best for you, that is why they don't give you a choice of various devices.

I guess RIM knew what was best as well when it didn't give its users AutoFocus on the 9900 series.
    04-16-12 12:17 PM
    It's sad how easy it is, but how little people care. Maybe when enough people get burned, there will be an awareness of how vulnerable one can be through their smartphone.

Bruce, It's funny how you picked his humorous post apart but didn't touch the actual topic.
    04-16-12 12:34 PM
    It's sad how easy it is, but how little people care. Maybe when enough people get burned, there will be an awareness of how vulnerable one can be through their smartphone.

Bruce, It's funny how you picked his humorous post apart but didn't touch the actual topic.
    I just like keeping things in perspective, point being there is no perfect company or product.
    04-16-12 12:44 PM
    The target consumer for this is women. A crazed girlfriend or wife would absolutely use this in a heartbeat. Just like they use spyware on computers.
    04-16-12 12:53 PM
    Wrong. That requires you to install something first.

Ok I will give you that one. I guess its true Death kills everything ).

My point was only that no platform is completely immune. And since I got that link from the site you showcased, how long before they have something similar for Blackberries and Androids?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    04-16-12 01:46 PM
    The target consumer for this is women. A crazed girlfriend or wife would absolutely use this in a heartbeat. Just like they use spyware on computers.
    And you don't think a stalker controlling husband would use this on his wife? The same wife he keeps the fridge locked up from so she doesn't get fat?

I could see parents using this for the ones who give their kids phones and then check them at the end of the day, wondering why their badly named child has 0 text messages and emails a day later.
    04-17-12 08:59 AM
    On topic please. This could be either a Good Thing or a Bad Thing depending on how it is applied.

And... BB fanboys and trolls, please resist the temptation to take a jab at iPhone users. I don't have time to do warnings - a ban is only a few clicks.
    Rockdog97, jclif and morales0416 like this.
    04-17-12 05:54 PM
    And you don't think a stalker controlling husband would use this on his wife? The same wife he keeps the fridge locked up from so she doesn't get fat?

I could see parents using this for the ones who give their kids phones and then check them at the end of the day, wondering why their badly named child has 0 text messages and emails a day later.
    No. Not as much as I think it's targeted to whom I've already mentioned. There is a big market for products like this. Whether it be for mobile phones or computers. Ultimately, we can't be guaranteed security, anymore. It really is a good or bad thing as previously mentioned. But I lean more towards the latter. We know too much nowadays. This is more than an iPhone vs Blackberry security thing.
    04-17-12 06:57 PM
    I can see the NSA adopting stock iPhones by the thousands....

Yah, I have absolutely no banking apps on my iPhone. Because, simply, I don't trust it to keep my information secure.

What it didn't show, and was not covered, is whether it gains access if the iPhone is password locked. Mine is, but still....
    04-20-12 06:22 AM
    A target consumer for this is men. A crazed boyfriend or husband would absolutely use this in a heartbeat. Just like they use spyware on computer.

Figure out what I did there?

This issue is gender agnostic.
    brucep1 and GingerSnapsBack like this.
    04-20-12 06:24 AM
    What it didn't show, and was not covered, is whether it gains access if the iPhone is password locked. Mine is, but still....
    Passcode is required, and the iRecovery Stick only supports iOS 4.3 and below. There's an open source forensic tool for OS X that will brute force simple passcodes, decrypt the data partition, and image iPhone 3G & 4 devices running iOS 5.0 and below, but the iRecovery Stick is targeted more towards the general consumer market.
    04-20-12 08:01 AM
    Passcode is required, and the iRecovery Stick only supports iOS 4.3 and below. There's an open source forensic tool for OS X that will brute force simple passcodes, decrypt the data partition, and image iPhone 3G & 4 devices running iOS 5.0 and below, but the iRecovery Stick is targeted more towards the general consumer market.
    Your info is much appreciated.
    04-20-12 12:49 PM
    So someone has to have access to the actual phone. Just keep up with your phone people. That's really all the security a sensible person needs. If it is stolen,...log into your iTunes and remote wipe. Simple as.
    04-25-12 12:45 PM
    No, if your iPhone is stolen, you want to take one of these three steps outlined by Apple: Remote Wipe and then call your carrier/de-activate your SIM (de-register must be within 24 hours after Remote Wipe); Activate a replacement phone with a replacement SIM using your same phone number; or Change your Apple ID password (only works if you you use an Apple ID with iMessage).

If you choose to take advantage of the security/privacy lessons learned in the last couple of months: set up a passcode, do not pair an unlocked iPhone with a shared computer, encrypt your backups, and update your apps (especially Dropbox, Facebook, LinkedIn, 1Password...).
    04-25-12 06:21 PM
    So much for find my phone then.

No, if your iPhone is stolen, you want to take one of these three steps outlined by Apple: Remote Wipe and then call your carrier/de-activate your SIM (de-register must be within 24 hours after Remote Wipe); Activate a replacement phone with a replacement SIM using your same phone number; or Change your Apple ID password (only works if you you use an Apple ID with iMessage).
    04-26-12 07:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD