How can you say this? Do you know that is the exact reason? And do you honestly think Verizon is stupid? How can you not expect a Smartphone with a built in iPod, multitouch, safari web browser and Apple branding to not be huge?

It's all about control. And Apple controls their products, no one else.
    If VZW was not stupid, then they would have taken the iPhone in the beginning. It wasn't all about hip and trends. If that was the case, VZW wouldn't have taken the Android phone. Sure, they probably changed policies within the last year of how to do things, but......

We're just beating our heads. I'm not exactly sure why everyone is bickering over rumors that keep happening and same rumors for the last year and a half. It's not going to happen anytime soon.... so quit posting about it. All you're doing is... is saynig the same stuff back and forth, and not making any improvement on your theroies why VZW will get the iPhone.

Of course it's huge, BUT vzw and APPLE have their set ways --Apple is not going to let go of the controling market - and definitely will not have VZW control it. AppWorld I believe is still somewhat controlled, though.. isn't it?
    11-28-09 04:35 PM
    If VZW was not stupid, then they would have taken the iPhone in the beginning. It wasn't all about hip and trends. If that was the case, VZW wouldn't have taken the Android phone. Sure, they probably changed policies within the last year of how to do things, but......

We're just beating our heads. I'm not exactly sure why everyone is bickering over rumors that keep happening and same rumors for the last year and a half. It's not going to happen anytime soon.... so quit posting about it. All you're doing is... is saynig the same stuff back and forth, and not making any improvement on your theroies why VZW will get the iPhone.

Of course it's huge, BUT vzw and APPLE have their set ways --Apple is not going to let go of the controling market - and definitely will not have VZW control it. AppWorld I believe is still somewhat controlled, though.. isn't it?
    No Appworld is not controlled. Its the same for every BB device for every carrier. Verizon does not restrict anything with Appworld.

And you dont know that its not going to happen anytime soon, unless you happen to sit on Verizon or Apples board.
    11-28-09 08:00 PM
    Wrong. The business world isnt that simple.
    Wrong yet again, NO ONE controls Apple but Apple. Apple doesn't need Verizon one bit. It will be a nice chuckle when summer 2010 comes around and you see all these posts that say Verizon is getting the iPhone while in the meantime Apple keeps blasting Verizon.. yea.. Verizon is getting the iPhone.
    11-29-09 12:26 PM
    Wrong yet again, NO ONE controls Apple but Apple. Apple doesn't need Verizon one bit. It will be a nice chuckle when summer 2010 comes around and you see all these posts that say Verizon is getting the iPhone while in the meantime Apple keeps blasting Verizon.. yea.. Verizon is getting the iPhone.
    *predicts next VZW-backer answer*

"But but but youre not on Apple or VZW's board!"

Like a broken record, one pony show.

http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2009/11...ontent=Twitter

Next iphone already in testing, wheres the big mention of VZW or LTE?

JUST as I said earlier, no we may not be on VZW or Apple's boards, but we have the common sense to know if there was a VZW deal going on itd be near completion if not completed by now to start testing etc- backed by the fact the next iphone is ALREADY in testing. Testing starts MONTHS before the phone is released- beta OS, beta hardware, and usually more than one revision of each, ESPECIALLY when VZW would be using CDMA and LTE which Apple have never done either set of bands. There'd be a much longer testing period since theyve never dealt with it before.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 11-29-09 at 01:30 PM.
    11-29-09 01:14 PM
    *predicts next VZW-backer answer*

"But but but youre not on Apple or VZW's board!"

Like a broken record, one pony show.

http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2009/11...ontent=Twitter

Next iphone already in testing, wheres the big mention of VZW or LTE?

JUST as I said earlier, no we may not be on VZW or Apple's boards, but we have the common sense to know if there was a VZW deal going on itd be near completion if not completed by now to start testing etc- backed by the fact the next iphone is ALREADY in testing. Testing starts MONTHS before the phone is released- beta OS, beta hardware, and usually more than one revision of each, ESPECIALLY when VZW would be using CDMA and LTE which Apple have never done either set of bands. There'd be a much longer testing period since theyve never dealt with it before.
    Obviously your reading comprehension fails you. There is no mention of what network its being tested on period, not GSM, not CDMA nor LTE. So that doesnt mean it couldnt be a CDMA version.

But thats ok, keep believing what you want and acting like you know what youre talking about. You dont know any more than anyone else on this thread does yet you keep spreading fud and lies. And no you dont have common sense. If you had any you would know that they could be testing any number of new phones on CDMA or LTE and nobody but the engineers and testers would know.
    11-29-09 03:43 PM
    So, if that's gonna be cut and dry.. then why don't we stop posting the same rumors thaht have been going on for now two years.... and wait til it comes out? Until we get CONCRETE facts of the next iPhone on next carrier, everyone should not worry about it. The constant threads being pulled up, and same rumors in the mill being pulled up... it's not going to make the time go by faster. Nor it's going to make the wishful thinking VZW is going to get the iPhone.

You say we're going in a circle and not listening, but neither are you.

Everyone should just quit with the mill of rumors until a offical thread comes out.

I think youre wrong and your reading comprehension fails you. My post was in response to the other persons post that since Verizon is now promoting open platform and Apple is closed that a deal with Apple and Verizon is now impossible. So yea, WRONG, not that simple.

Why dont you figure out what youre posting about before make the post because you look real ignorant.
    So if it's now impossible as you so put it, why are we still posting about it? Since apple will not release open source for their OS, nor their apps... then there's nothing to discuss.
    Last edited by Zukin; 11-29-09 at 03:58 PM.
    11-29-09 03:54 PM
    I think youre wrong and your reading comprehension fails you. My post was in response to the other persons post that since Verizon is now promoting open platform and Apple is closed that a deal with Apple and Verizon is now impossible. So yea, WRONG, not that simple.

Why dont you figure out what youre posting about before make the post because you look real ignorant.
    11-29-09 03:55 PM
    So, if that's gonna be cut and dry.. then why don't we stop posting the same rumors thaht have been going on for now two years.... and wait til it comes out? Until we get CONCRETE facts of the next iPhone on next carrier, everyone should not worry about it. The constant threads being pulled up, and same rumors in the mill being pulled up... it's not going to make the time go by faster. Nor it's going to make the wishful thinking VZW is going to get the iPhone.

You say we're going in a circle and not listening, but neither are you.

Everyone should just quit with the mill of rumors until a offical thread comes out.
    Correct but the difference is the ATT fanbois are the ones who are stating point blank that this or that is or is not happening when no one has concrete proof. Yet stuaw and entertainment keep making statements like they are facts and like they have a clue what is going on between Apple and Verizon. Thats the problem.
    11-29-09 03:57 PM
    Obviously your reading comprehension fails you.
    But thats ok, keep believing what you want and acting like you know what youre talking about.
    And no you dont have common sense.
    I think youre wrong and your reading comprehension fails you.

Is that your BEST factual argument you can make is attacking and insulting other people to try to prove your point?

And you wonder why no one seems to care what you say here? If the discussion of the idea of it not coming to VZW hurts youre little psyche so badly that you cant participate like an adult human being here and PER FORUM RULES NOT TO FLAME/PERSONAL ATTACK, then by all means find another thread to read instead of acting immature and throwing out insults instead of posting anything factually relevant to the topic
    Last edited by stuaw11; 11-29-09 at 04:55 PM.
    11-29-09 04:36 PM
    Is that your BEST factual argument you can make is attacking and insulting other people to try to prove your point?

And you wonder why no one seems to care what you say here? If the discussion of the idea of it not coming to VZW hurts youre little psyche so badly that you cant participate like an adult human being here and PER FORUM RULES NOT TO FLAME/PERSONAL ATTACK, then by all means find another thread to read instead of acting immature and throwing out insults instead of posting anything factually relevant to the topic
    I would say your posts havent had anything factual in them. I dont have a problem with you so if you want to have an intelligent debate using facts then we can do that going forward.
    Last edited by JoJoCal19; 11-29-09 at 09:16 PM.
    11-29-09 08:31 PM
    Funny since everything Ive said has been backed with links and factual stories leading to the deduction being made. Where is any of your factual backup, even one STITCH of a hint of evidence beyond a rumor, which has been flying around for 2 years now?

ALL youve done so far is throw out insults and tell people how stupid they are because they dont agree with your point of view,yet not backing your point up with ANYTHING factual or one hint of real evidence. So now I have no desire to waste my time on you any further other than adding you to my block list since you discuss a topic like an adult without insulting people non-stop for no reason, other than you dont like what youre hearing.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 11-29-09 at 10:03 PM.
    11-29-09 09:55 PM
    Funny since everything Ive said has been backed with links and factual stories leading to the deduction being made. Where is any of your factual backup, even one STITCH of a hint of evidence beyond a rumor, which has been flying around for 2 years now?

ALL youve done so far is throw out insults and tell people how stupid they are because they dont agree with your point of view,yet not backing your point up with ANYTHING factual or one hint of real evidence. So now I have no desire to waste my time on you any further other than adding you to my block list since you discuss a topic like an adult without insulting people non-stop for no reason, other than you dont like what youre hearing.
    No, you make statements such as "there is no way the iPhone is coming to Verizon" and every variation of that and you have no evidence other than posting commercials. You make statements saying "Verizon and Apple would have had to already had a deal done for it to come to Verizon in 2010 and there is no way the will because Verizon is releasing attack ads against Apple" yet you have no clue what is going on between Verizon. And what are you talking about my points for? My points have been that the statements you are making have no basis because there is no proof and unless you know whats going on between Apple/Verizon then you dont have a clue. Im not the one making outlandish claims with no facts.
    11-29-09 10:40 PM
    11-30-09 08:33 AM
    I'm am just so fed up with the VZW iPhone rumors. I remember just a few months ago when some came on here with what appeared to be so much evidence, links and inside information then proclaimed there would be an iPhone on Verizon this past summer yet it never happened.
    CDMA is just inferior, not according to me but APPLE! It only makes sense Apple is waiting for Verizon to develop LTE, in the meantime they will eat VZW alive with their world class commercials.
    11-30-09 09:05 AM
    what the heck happened to this thread?
    11-30-09 01:53 PM
    what the heck happened to this thread?
    ATT people are posting reasons why they think these rumors are wrong.

VZW people are posting rumor after rumor that have no basis, beyond SOMEONE (loosely say someone when theyre not credible someone's) said it. Problem being its the SAME RUMOR over and over again gonng nowhere but circles without any proof or a factual argument to back it up past it being a rumor like every other year.

When ATT people rebut the rumor with thing such as the ads, iphone shots, network shots, Apple shots, etc, were calling ignarant, stupid, and dont know what were talking about because were not on the Apple/VZW boards.

I guess some people just dont get something called called a LOGICAL ASSUMPTION or BEST GUESS. No one here is claiming to know THE answer. Were offering reasons why we THINK its the answer. In fact I think myself and others NEVER said itll NEVER happen but in fact said 2011 is logical when LTE is in full swing to see a VZW version, its the here/now/2010 part that were refuting.

But then some of the VZW people here have some kind of desperate emotional attachment to getting a VZW iphone ASAP, so they wont see past their own narrow views to make a factual argument but decide to take the low route and just insult and flame people who dont agree with them.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 11-30-09 at 03:45 PM.
    11-30-09 03:40 PM
    If VZW was not stupid, then they would have taken the iPhone in the beginning. It wasn't all about hip and trends.
    No, if Verizon didn't want full control over the device they would have had the iPhone. I was making a comment on how Verizon didn't see the iPhone as a "big" device. They knew it would be, it was a game changer and everyone who saw it the first time Steve Jobs pulled it out knew it also.

What isn't all about hip and trends? It is ALWAYS all about hip and trend. My old old Nokia had changeable faceplates, that was hip and that was a trend. The Razor, that was hip and that was a trend. H*ll, even the Nextel service was hip and a trend at one point.

I don't buy devices because they are cool or hip, I buy devices because I research and find what I want. The masses love to follow the trend though.

Like I said, I don't think Verizon is stupid with thinking the iPhone wouldn't be huge (which I'm sure they did). I do however think they are stupid with the fact that they think they will try and overpower Apple and their product. We all no Apple will bow down to no one, wether it's a good or bad decision.
    11-30-09 07:25 PM
    But then some of the VZW people here have some kind of desperate emotional attachment to getting a VZW iphone ASAP, so they wont see past their own narrow views to make a factual argument but decide to take the low route and just insult and flame people who dont agree with them.
    I'm starting to think Verizon fanboys are worse than RIM/Apple fanboys. That damn "The Network" slogan definitely has some subliminal messaging behind it. That or they think that overage map makes their ego bigger.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 11-30-09 at 07:59 PM. Reason: rude content
    11-30-09 07:30 PM
    I'm just waiting for the commercials be on the lines of "who has the largest 3g/4g network and has an iPhone" then i'm sure AT&T will defend its self again by having a non-witty commercial.

I just wish the rumors would stop and solid proof would come V.V
    12-01-09 01:08 AM
    Different news! It looks like the iPhone may in fact add another US carrier this summer! The catch? It's T-Mobile NOT Verizon, which makes so much more sense (GSM).

Reid points the growing division between warring wireless camps. Verizon and Google (GOOG Quote) represent one side with the Motorola (MOT Quote) Droid effort vying against the powerful AT&T and Apple iPhone combo. In that scenario, T-Mobile makes an easy addition to the Apple empire, says Reid.

"Apple wants to move away from exclusivity; T-Mobile would achieve this for Apple in the U.S.," Reid says. Notably, Apple already sells phones through Germany's T-Mobile unit.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 12-01-09 at 08:24 AM.
    12-01-09 08:14 AM
    Different news! It looks like the iPhone may in fact add another US carrier this summer! The catch? It's T-Mobile NOT Verizon, which makes so much more sense (GSM).
    Logically, this would make the most sense. I think it's safe to say that Apple will never make a CDMA iPhone which would mean no iPhone for Verizon. Unless they come out with a GSM network, they have no chance.
    12-01-09 11:33 AM
    Im curious to what chip they would use if they were to put it on T-Mo. T-Mo uses WCDMA 1700 & 900 for its 3G while the iPhone uses WCDMA 850 / WCDMA 1900 / WCDMA 2100. I think the chip they use now is Infineon so I wonder if they would move to a Qualcomm based chipset. Either way whether they move to T-Mo or Verizon it seems they would have to re-engineer the phone to some degree. Now I dont know if I should pick up a 3GS or wait until the summer to see what the next gen iPhone is going to be like.
    12-01-09 01:06 PM
    It would be tough to sign a 2 year contract now considering a new iPhone will be out June/July 2010 or too expensive to buy one outright. Unless you can't stand it I'd wait, that and no one knows what Apple will pull out of the bag phone, carrier or otherwise.

I did LUCK out, this past Saturday I purchased both my parents each iPhone 3G S..one white one black for $49 each. AT&T upped the refurbished price the very next day.. wow
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 12-01-09 at 03:01 PM.
    12-01-09 02:57 PM
    I don't know the truth to this but the girl at the VZW store told me that Apple had a contract with AT&T lasting until 2012. I have a feeling that within the next 2-3 years we will see the iPhone being sold through AT&T, Sprint, and VZW. It would only make sense that Apple try to sell their phone on the major carriers in order to boost sales. In some areas AT&T is a great carrier, but where I live VZW is better so I don't have an iPhone (got rid of it and AT&T after 2 weeks). When the iPhone makes it to VZW, I will get one. Although, now that Sprint has the free mobile to mobile across carriers, I would go to them in a heart beat if they got it first.
    12-03-09 03:37 AM
99 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD