Ya, i think these new ads say it all about the Apple-VZW relationship
    11-23-09 06:11 PM
    Ya, i think these new ads say it all about the Apple-VZW relationship
    Yea because current ads determine future business relationships
    11-25-09 07:02 AM
    No because current ads determine the immediate future . Immediate in carrier wars are in years so no soup... I mean no iPhone for Verizon in 2010. I think
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 11-25-09 at 07:50 AM.
    11-25-09 07:44 AM
    I think
    See this is key. Its fine if folks want to say why they THINK Verizon may not get an iPhone, but for the people that state it like its fact, they sound utterly stupid. Point being, unless anyone is an Apple or Verizon board member, engineer, or tester, then they dont know wtf is going on and have no reason to make such statements as if they are fact.
    11-25-09 10:51 AM
    Not only the "map for that" ads OBVIOUSLY implying the iphone, but now this low blow dissing the iphone as just another toy:

Verizon takes another swing at AT&T, puts iPhone on the Island of Misfit Toys

Sorry to burst VZW fanboy bubbles, but it AINT coming anytime soon. Think what you want in your own delusional world though as Im sure the replies will show....

Sorry, but just a stitch of common (and business) sense says you dont flat out diss a huge manufacturer if they were getting you the phone this coming year. Not happening despite all these loose Chinese site rumors.
    You have nothing to be sorry about.......very amusing thread......competition is good.
    11-25-09 10:58 AM
    As Entertainment said they determine the current and near future business relationships. Do you think for a phone hypothetically coming out in June/July, a mere 7-8 months away, the negotiations with a carrier wouldnt be going on if not done already?

So yes, they do determine the future because you seem to think these talks with carriers happen 60 days before the launch and poof the phone is on the shelf. But the reality is that big deals like an iphone deal take place months if not a year before the phone ever launches.

This basically pretty much rules out the summer 2010 for a VZW iphone with a high level of certainty. Anything can happen, yes, but best guess from the facts are more likely not, especially with Apple ripping into VZW's network in their 2 new ads.

Lets also examine another area- mindshare. Apple pretty much revolves around mindshare and their image. Its not like their products (overall product line here) are head over heels more advanced than everyone else. But theyre well known for good service and a certain kind of mindshare with their customers which keep them buying Apple products. Do you HONESTLY think theyre going to give up that mindshare with their customers to sell out to VZW while they bash each other back and forth? Thats a HUGE basis for their business, be it iphones or other products they sell, their image. Yes, there's millions to be made on phones selling to VZW, but if they give up their main selling point of their image, have they REALLY won?
    Last edited by stuaw11; 11-25-09 at 12:02 PM.
    11-25-09 11:53 AM
    You guys don't know Apple culture. I have an entire house full of apple culture, except for the Iphone. I don't like AT&T. Apple has made many missteps of late with their technology causing a backlash of questions on there supposed brilliance. They took out firewire in their macbooks because they said, people don't need it. People withheld purchases (even though the sales numbers were still high). The next year, they recase the same macbook and add firewire back and call it a "Pro". It's the same computer!

Do you remember the square nano? How long was that out...9 months? What about Steve Jobs saying we won't make a tablet because there isn't a market for it? Tablet coming next year. What they say TODAY has no bearing on tomorrow.

All I'm saying is that even in their brilliance, they screw up. They will do whatever is better for their bottom line, and they won't apologize for it. They'll make you think it was your fault for misunderstanding them.
    11-25-09 12:40 PM
    Apple could care less about the diss ads and fight between att and vzw. Apple is in it for the money. Once the contract with att is over you can bet apple is going to be all over americas largest wireless network. Its common business sense people. Use your heads.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 06:54 PM
    VZW fanboys just want to hear what they want to hear and nothing less. That is clearly obvious
    11-25-09 07:32 PM
    Apple could care less about the diss ads and fight between att and vzw. Apple is in it for the money. Once the contract with att is over you can bet apple is going to be all over americas largest wireless network. Its common business sense people. Use your heads.

Exactly. Try telling stuaw11 that
    11-25-09 07:42 PM

So Apple is going to blast VZW to then kiss and make up.. Talk about a dream.. a fantasy..

It may happen.. iPhone on Verizon.. but not in 2010 and not until LTE is available to the masses, not just New York, Chicago, Miami.. etc. etc.
    11-25-09 08:19 PM
    Again us "ATT fanbois" have no personal or emotional investment in this. How will this affect our iphone usage? Not a bit. ATT will still get iphones and sell iphones, so what exactly is our intent here to "sabotage your hope and dreams?" Hence we have nothing invested in this like your clear emotionally motivated response having to personally attack our character to form a response calling us names. We couldnt give a crap less where it goes since ATT will still carry it and we'll still be able to get them. You dont see 9700 owners screaming "OMG TMo got it too, wtf!" No one cares since we have the phone too.

You have NO clue what any of us do yet make assumptions we have no common sense, business sense, and were morons. If you think Apple/VZW execs, engineers, testers, and people who know about the ATT/Apple contract arent normal people who visit forums, then I think youre negative comments about common sense need to be directed back towards yourself.

When someone provides one stitch of any piece of evidence of a VZW iphone then youll have the basis for some type of argument. VZW couldnt come come to terms with Apple's control and repair over the phone the first time, there's no indication their stance has changed. In that same set of articles it also said the iphone exclusivity was 5 years. Just because 2010 has been tossed out doesnt make it the truth either. So you dont know if the exclusivity is even over, if VZW will come to terms with Apple's control over the phone, etc. Cite: AppleInsider | Verizon passed on exclusive 5-year iPhone deal

Furthermore, what exactly would be the point to launch a great LTE phone with LTE in a handful cities? THATS not any business sense. Why havent you seen any WIMAX phones yet? Because its only in about 8-10 cities! Its not a mass-market product yet that you can sell a phone nationwide, ESPECIALLY something as high profile as an iphone, with the feature on it without confusing customers why they arent getting 4G. People can barely understand 3G vs 1x/EDGE as is.

You didnt see an EVDO phone until long after 3G was put up by Sprint and VZW, data cards came first and the trend (EVDO rev 0 both carriers, EVDO rev A both carriers, and WIMAX on Sprint) dictates that LTE will be data card only at first. That pretty much rules out a summer 2010 launch unless they get LTE out on a consumer level in the next 3-4 months tops. And its pretty much a concurrence across the board wasting time on an EVDO-only iphone with LTE on the cusp would make no sense and wont happen.

There are the bases of the argument. Simply claiming something will happen because we cant 100% negate it with proof is a total cop out logical fallacy. All you have to stand on is the same rumor thats been around since the iphone started. No new evidence, no nothing. Just another year another CDMA iphone rumor.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 11-26-09 at 12:19 AM.
    11-25-09 11:39 PM

Let me just ask you something...

If it's common sense, why Did VZW back down on the offer 2-ish years ago wehn the product was going to hit the floor - but VZW decided against it because they couldn't control the market. Do you honestly believe Apple is going to go back to VZW when VZW specifically said they wanted to control the market for applications? Apple is not going to allow that.

Again, I really think we should quit with the rumor mill of threads until an offical word comes out. Otherwise everyone is beating their heads against the cardboard - and bickering back and forth about it.

Until it happens, or is annouced, it's a rumor, that has been going on for X years.
    11-26-09 06:12 PM
    Just to toss another rumor into the mill. I did hear today that vz could have the iphone by next summer. Hmm what a way to start saying that if we can have this much 3g coverage, think how great the iphone would perform on our carrier service. Just another way of looking at this commercial.
    11-26-09 09:05 PM
    Just to toss another rumor into the mill. I did hear today that vz could have the iphone by next summer.
    Let me guess, another your brother's cousin's dog whispered it to you

Hmm what a way to start saying that if we can have this much 3g coverage, think how great the iphone would perform on our carrier service. Just another way of looking at this commercial.
    I guess youve never seen the "iDont" commercials. If that was the alternative meaning of the commercial they wouldn't be tearing into the iphone in the "iDont" Droid commercials at the same time.

If it's common sense, why Did VZW back down on the offer 2-ish years ago wehn the product was going to hit the floor - but VZW decided against it because they couldn't control the market. Do you honestly believe Apple is going to go back to VZW when VZW specifically said they wanted to control the market for applications? Apple is not going to allow that.

Again, I really think we should quit with the rumor mill of threads until an offical word comes out. Otherwise everyone is beating their heads against the cardboard - and bickering back and forth about it.

Until it happens, or is annouced, it's a rumor, that has been going on for X years.
    DING DING! We have a winner. Apple SURELY wont change their stance how they run the iphone platform (you have a better chance of becoming the next president of the US), and VZW is too stubborn to change their own ways, hence another standoff is likely. Nothing has changed with these 2 companies in a short 2 years how they do things.

Im glad that common sense flows through more people here than myself. Notice how the only people so dead set on it coming are the VZW people who are dying to own it. Us others seem to see it from the bigger picture with clearer heads since we couldnt care less if it goes to VZW or not since we'll still have it either way
    Last edited by stuaw11; 11-26-09 at 10:38 PM.
    11-26-09 10:27 PM
    Of course Apple is going to back up AT&T. It's where they sell the most phones. Why would they want people to feel discouraged about getting the iPhone on AT&T?
    11-28-09 01:35 AM

Honestly verizon did not expect the iphone to be so huge. Sure their is a lot of rumors about when the actual contract end day is, when and if the iphone will be released on vzw blah blah blah. All I'm saying is its a fact verizon and apple want to sell and make more money whenever possible. That being said when the oppurtunity arrises you can bet there will be some re negotiating and a lot more flexibility now, especially now verizon seeing the popularity in the iphone. You can bet within 2 years verizon will have or be finalizing an iphone deal. Business is business people. All this talk of feelings and nonsense is ridiculous. Money is what controls all decisions and this is a BIG money maker for apple when applicable.

11-28-09 05:42 AM
    Verizon fanbois do not fret.. summer 2011.. Then you guys can get the bandwidth hog and release some bandwidth I will have on my 7.2 network.
    11-28-09 10:57 AM
    Do you honestly believe Apple is going to go back to VZW when VZW specifically said they wanted to control the market for applications? Apple is not going to allow that.
    Yes because Verizon has already changed their policies regarding this and many other things. Verizon didnt change one single thing about the Android Marketplace. It is unchanged.
    11-28-09 12:46 PM
    Let me guess, another your brother's cousin's dog whispered it to you

I guess youve never seen the "iDont" commercials. If that was the alternative meaning of the commercial they wouldn't be tearing into the iphone in the "iDont" Droid commercials at the same time.

DING DING! We have a winner. Apple SURELY wont change their stance how they run the iphone platform (you have a better chance of becoming the next president of the US), and VZW is too stubborn to change their own ways, hence another standoff is likely. Nothing has changed with these 2 companies in a short 2 years how they do things.

Im glad that common sense flows through more people here than myself. Notice how the only people so dead set on it coming are the VZW people who are dying to own it. Us others seem to see it from the bigger picture with clearer heads since we couldnt care less if it goes to VZW or not since we'll still have it either way
    You couldnt be more wrong if you tried. Its already known the iDont commercials were Motorolas commercials and not Verizons.

Also Verizon has changed alot in two years and they have changed their stance on openness. So youre flat wrong on this aspect. The Android market is untouched by Verizon. They allow any and all apps on the marketplace including, guess what, Google Voice! Cant say that for ATT/Apple. Same thing with the BlackBerry Appworld. Untouched. So try again.
    11-28-09 12:50 PM
    You couldnt be more wrong if you tried. Its already known the iDont commercials were Motorolas commercials and not Verizons.
    Wrong on point one.. did you actually see at the end of the iDon't commercial where you saw VERIZON? I can give you a link to the youtube official verizon commerical.
    11-28-09 01:55 PM

Also Verizon has changed alot in two years and they have changed their stance on openness. So youre flat wrong on this aspect. The Android market is untouched by Verizon. They allow any and all apps on the marketplace including, guess what, Google Voice! Cant say that for ATT/Apple. Same thing with the BlackBerry Appworld. Untouched. So try again.
    Yea and if Verizon wants to be so open now, then kiss the iPhone out of the equation. It is locked down by Apple. Case. Closed.
    11-28-09 04:03 PM
    Honestly verizon did not expect the iphone to be so huge.
    How can you say this? Do you know that is the exact reason? And do you honestly think Verizon is stupid? How can you not expect a Smartphone with a built in iPod, multitouch, safari web browser and Apple branding to not be huge?

It's all about control. And Apple controls their products, no one else.
    11-28-09 04:05 PM
    Wrong on point one.. did you actually see at the end of the iDon't commercial where you saw VERIZON? I can give you a link to the youtube official verizon commerical.
    Yes but was created by Motorola.
    11-28-09 04:11 PM
    Yea and if Verizon wants to be so open now, then kiss the iPhone out of the equation. It is locked down by Apple. Case. Closed.
    Wrong. The business world isnt that simple.
    11-28-09 04:12 PM
99 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD