I find this to be hysterical. This morning I stopped by my cousins place and he told me that his Nokia N82 on AT&T wasn't working and neither were any of his siblings who were also on AT&T. I thought it might have been because of the high winds we were getting, but nope it's because of the Iphone's launch at Wal-Mart. After all the bashing the Storm took, and the Iphone basically brings AT&Ts service crashing down. At least our sub-par Storms didn't bring VZW crashing down.
    12-28-08 08:16 PM
    LOL. you are so right.
    12-28-08 08:18 PM
    It was pretty much the same way on the original launch of the iphone....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 08:22 PM
    Another reason why I will never go to AT&T
    12-28-08 08:40 PM
    if you think about it that says alot . . .

1: iphone sales are STILL killing it . .
    2: at&t's network cannot handle it
    12-28-08 08:40 PM
    err...are you sure? My gf has ATT iphone and no problems whatsoever (as does her brother/father). How would walmart carrying the iphone cause anything...the phone has been out so long anyone who wanted it that bad had access. Its not any cheaper really (wooo 2$!!!) so theres not cause for a rush. Got a link to verify the source of this supposed crash?
    12-28-08 08:43 PM
    As much as I can't stand his site sometimes the Boy Genius often has useful info, so on top of my cousins plight with AT&T connectivity, there you go. Unless its just a VERY LARGE coincidence that on the day the Iphone launches at Wal-Mart AT&T's network takes a dump.

Boy Genius Report
    12-28-08 08:47 PM
    While it might not exactly belong in the 9530 threads, banishing my thread to the IPhone forum is kinda like pushing it into a hole and then forgetting about it. Thanks.
    12-28-08 08:50 PM
    That is hilarious!! With the few problems I've had with my Storm I CANNOT say my phone and data service has been nothing but phenomenal. 1XEV in remote sections of idaho and montana is awesome! People all across the US are loosing service in Major cities. That is unacceptable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 08:57 PM
    As much as I can't stand his site sometimes the Boy Genius often has useful info, so on top of my cousins plight with AT&T connectivity, there you go. Unless its just a VERY LARGE coincidence that on the day the Iphone launches at Wal-Mart AT&T's network takes a dump.

Boy Genius Report
    foot------> O: lol, thanks for the link, thats interesting...maybe its from all the people who live in bfe or small towns that have a walmart but not a ATT store...odd.
    12-28-08 09:14 PM
    well the storm did break verizon's network. just not the cell network.

it broke the Point of Sale network, i had to be given an acient paper contract when i bought my storm release day (first in line)
    12-28-08 09:53 PM
    Ok... I have a 3g iPhone and it's ticking still....

One thing is for sure... the iPhone (Apple and AT&T) still has 90% satisfaction, still has buyers, and they still have the haters watching everything that happens to them

Courtesy Of: CNN

Courtesy Of: JD Power

But BB is my favorite though

12-29-08 01:04 AM
    I find this to be hysterical. This morning I stopped by my cousins place and he told me that his Nokia N82 on AT&T wasn't working and neither were any of his siblings who were also on AT&T. I thought it might have been because of the high winds we were getting, but nope it's because of the Iphone's launch at Wal-Mart. After all the bashing the Storm took, and the Iphone basically brings AT&Ts service crashing down. At least our sub-par Storms didn't bring VZW crashing down.
    I don't think the Storm is selling anywhere close to the number of iPhones being sold...bad comparison... -shrugs-
    12-29-08 02:25 PM
    I don't think it's from Walmart sales of iPhone, probably just a coincidence. It was most likely caused by power failures in the midwest. Here's an article from Ars.

Did the Midwest kill the Internet today?
    12-29-08 11:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD