Two- 91% of ATT SMARTPHONE subs dont use data and voice, and that is just smartphone users. NO ONE cares. I can still check email, compose and send text and recieve a voice call....heck I can take a call while using my gps and as soon as the call is over, I jump right back on my gps. My droid even allows me to browse the web and talk at the same time ( wifi ). So.....fail .
    Now whats so important with voice and data simultaneously ? Or are you just a Luke Wilson fan? Please elaborate, why is this so important to you and the other 9% of smartphone users who do this?
    Own or run a business then come back on here with your fail garbage. I'm not saying simultaneous voice and data are necessary but boy is it ever a bonus. Btw I have excellent fast AT&T 3G service where I live.. keep spreading the FUD and propaganda of network failures being everywhere.
    01-23-10 07:41 PM
    I don't know what part of NY you live in. To say At&t's 3g service in NY is amazing is as funny as the Bugatti Mouse! I mean do I need to get Howard Stern in on this.
    I live in Putnam County. Blanketed 3G. I use to go to school in Westchester, and work in Westchester, blanketed 3G. My Grandparents live in the Bronx, and my other Grandparents live in Pelham, blanketed 3G. I have 2 Aunts and uncles in long island, Farmingdale and Mount Sinai, blanketed 3G. I have family in Wappingers, blanketed 3G. I go to the Palisades Mall for IMAX shows and other things my local mall does not have, blanketed 3G. I go to White Plains a lot, blanketed 3G. I go up to Saratoga every summer, blanketed 3G. And When I am in NYC I NEVER have a problem keeping a 3G connection and I do not drop calls, blanketed 3G.

Want me to give you directions and house numbers to all of these places too?
    Last edited by avt123; 01-24-10 at 11:29 AM.
    01-24-10 11:25 AM
    To add to that, like I previously said, the congested Times Square/downtown area is NOT all of New York. I dont know how else to phrase it to the bashers here.

Youve obviously never been to New York then because the state and the city itself is MUCH bigger then the area having issues where there are a gazillion people walking through every hour.

Yet you blindly buy into whatever the media spits out just because it supports your bashing ATT position when you have no background at all into the situation or what the truth REALLY is.

The reality is its maybe a few square mile area with issues because theres oh only about 8 MILLION people strolling through there. Wow shocker, its congested for cellular. You try getting more tower licenses in the center of downtown, not gonna happen.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 01-24-10 at 11:48 AM.
    01-24-10 11:46 AM
    att covers over 80% of the nations population. If you're part of the 20% then it's you with the problem not att.
    01-24-10 12:10 PM
    I live in Putnam County. Blanketed 3G. I use to go to school in Westchester, and work in Westchester, blanketed 3G. My Grandparents live in the Bronx, and my other Grandparents live in Pelham, blanketed 3G. I have 2 Aunts and uncles in long island, Farmingdale and Mount Sinai, blanketed 3G. I have family in Wappingers, blanketed 3G. I go to the Palisades Mall for IMAX shows and other things my local mall does not have, blanketed 3G. I go to White Plains a lot, blanketed 3G. I go up to Saratoga every summer, blanketed 3G. And When I am in NYC I NEVER have a problem keeping a 3G connection and I do not drop calls, blanketed 3G.

Want me to give you directions and house numbers to all of these places too?
    That's great that you get service, you aren't the only only that lives in NY. Take a drive through Scarsdale and see how many dropped calls you get. If your statement was true then Scarsdale which is in Westchester would have blanketed 3g service. And if thats a blanket over Scarsdale its only large enough to cover a small school. Do you want me to give you directions to Scarsdale it's very close to White Plains lol! And the iPhone in NYC is a joke!
    01-24-10 05:05 PM
    If its such a joke why are you still here? Thats the biggest joke of all sitting around the iphone section just to bash it when you dont have ATT or an iphone.

Sad that quite a few VZW fanboys are so immature around here and ruin thread after thread.
    01-24-10 05:27 PM
    Ex At&t user and ex iPhone user. Loved the iPhone just didn't like the service. And no not a fanboy. I just wanted you to know that White Plains wasn't the only city in Westchester. And the Bronx doesn't make up the whole New York City! And yes those are all facts!!!
    01-24-10 06:08 PM
    The point is youre calling someone a liar pretty much who likes there service.

So what? It works for him and didnt for you, move on! If it works for him then great, I dont see why you have to insinuate people are liars because you "know so."

It isnt THAT terrible for EVERYONE in those areas, or else ATT wouldnt have a single customer left in those trouble areas. If you had problems then you did, if it works for him and others then it does. You realize congestion/backhaul problems DOESNT mean that EVERYONE has poor service right? SOME people still connect to the tower and are just fine, its just all the extra people who have the problems- luck of the draw.

I dont see the big issue youre trying to make out of it along with other VZW people who invade the iphone section. I dont go running around the Sprint section telling the CS horror stories that made me leave them, I moved on with my life! Its just a freakin phone carrier, if someone offered better service for less and better phones, Id change. No big deal its just a phone carrier not some undying love or hate situation I have to go running around expressing
    Last edited by stuaw11; 01-24-10 at 06:22 PM.
    01-24-10 06:13 PM
    Ex At&t user and ex iPhone user. Loved the iPhone just didn't like the service. And no not a fanboy. I just wanted you to know that White Plains wasn't the only city in Westchester. And the Bronx doesn't make up the whole New York City! And yes those are all facts!!!
    I never said White Plains was the only city in Westchester, and never said the Bronx makes up all of NYC. I have never had a problem with AT&T ANYWHERE in Westchester including, Somers, Valhalla, Yonkers, White Plains, New Rochelle, Mount Vernon, Pelham, Cortland Manor, Shrub Oak, Katonah, Bedford and Pleasantville. Those places have all had great coverage for me.

NYC? Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn and Queens have all provided me with great service, and also the majority of Long Island. Now once again, I am sorry you had ****ty coverage, but I do not.
    01-25-10 11:31 AM
84 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD