screw the iphone and its awesome-ness
    01-15-10 10:40 AM
    screw the iphone and its awesome-ness
    Screw ATT and there ****yness.... Bring the iPhone to Verizon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-10 08:24 PM
    I love my Tour but if Verizon would get the Iphone I would most likely dump the Tour and pick up the Iphone. I would probably regret it but oh well. The grass is always greener!
    01-16-10 08:27 PM
    I love my Tour but if Verizon would get the Iphone I would most likely dump the Tour and pick up the Iphone. I would probably regret it but oh well. The grass is always greener!
    you would more than likely not regret that move.
    was a long time BB user, eventually got tired of it and got a droid. but just recently got an iphone and im am debating keeping my droid or just going strictly with the iphone.
    01-17-10 01:08 AM
    Sure there going to put the iphone on display right next to the Droid, or by then it would be the Droid 2. Listen this isn't the Motorola Razr were talking about it's Apple and the phone will stay at AT&T.
    01-18-10 08:32 PM
    Sure there going to put the iphone on display right next to the Droid, or by then it would be the Droid 2. Listen this isn't the Motorola Razr were talking about it's Apple and the phone will stay at AT&T.
    Dream on Viking Jr. Both Apple and VZW are bull-headed, bu they also both GREEDY. You really think that either Apple or VZW are going to pass up on the cash cow that is the iPhone? With all the complaints against AT&T, do you really think Apple is going to let them keep exclusivity?

Doubtful!
    01-18-10 08:40 PM
    I am one very happy AT&T customer.. and I know plenty that are happy as well.
    01-18-10 10:00 PM
    Dream on Viking Jr. Both Apple and VZW are bull-headed, bu they also both GREEDY. You really think that either Apple or VZW are going to pass up on the cash cow that is the iPhone? With all the complaints against AT&T, do you really think Apple is going to let them keep exclusivity?

Doubtful!
    Don't you mean both companies are STUBBORN, there's not a conference room in America big enough to fit all there ego's into at one time.

Honestly Apple doesn't need Verizon and Verizon doesn't need Apple and that's they way it's going to be.
    01-18-10 10:30 PM

Doubtful!
    I agree. AT&T has been publicly called out on the carpet about their shotty network and how it can't handle the demands of their customers. Their network can't handle the strain but they sure can sell iphones and Bold 9700's by the truck load and not care to fix their network. Instead, it goes right in the pockets of all the suit wearing crooks at headquarters. Don't you think Apple watches the news or reads the paper or even scours the blogs. How about reading Consumer Reports. Their overly popular phone is on the worlds most laughed about network and their exclusivity is about to run out. What would you do? Stay exclusive and make yourself look stupid or move on to the Nations largest Network. Don't forget. Verizon did buy up the most rights to LTE, so even when the new network rolls out, they still will have the most coverage.
    01-19-10 07:20 AM
    I have an inside source and cannot tell you who it is, for the fear of them losing their jobs. VZW will not get the iPhone due the fact that Apple will not budge from the Insurance issue that VZW and Apple are having. VZW wants to use Insurion for any problems with the Iphone and Apple does not want any third party involved when it comes to device management/repairs.

And this is legit info. Dig around and you will see the truth....
    Good LoL, I wouldn't not get the Iphone "even if it did/does" .Having the Ipod touch has taught me even more that I would not want a touch screen phone of any kind actually
    Kinda ironic but its true touchscreen is ok for my ipod but my phone , nooooooo , lol
    01-19-10 07:53 AM
    I agree. AT&T has been publicly called out on the carpet about their shotty network and how it can't handle the demands of their customers. Their network can't handle the strain but they sure can sell iphones and Bold 9700's by the truck load and not care to fix their network. Instead, it goes right in the pockets of all the suit wearing crooks at headquarters. Don't you think Apple watches the news or reads the paper or even scours the blogs. How about reading Consumer Reports. Their overly popular phone is on the worlds most laughed about network and their exclusivity is about to run out. What would you do? Stay exclusive and make yourself look stupid or move on to the Nations largest Network. Don't forget. Verizon did buy up the most rights to LTE, so even when the new network rolls out, they still will have the most coverage.
    AT&T is working significantly on their network and I notice as I travel. Do you even have AT&T? If you do where are you that it's so bad? If it's so bad why do you even have them (don't say I'm stuck in contract BS!) If anyone is interested in the daily upgrades AT&T has you can view them here.

I know that if AT&T wasn't up to par (which they are 2+Mbps for me) I surely wouldn't have them. I don't know who is dumber AT&T for selling phones on a supposedly subpar network or the person buying the phones on the supposedly supbar network and knowing it to Biootch about it later....hmmm. I'd say the latter!
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 01-19-10 at 08:28 AM.
    01-19-10 08:21 AM
    AT&T is working significantly on their network and I notice as I travel. Do you even have AT&T? If you do where are you that it's so bad? If it's so bad why do you even have them (don't say I'm stuck in contract BS!) If anyone is interested in the daily upgrades AT&T has you can view them here.

I know that if AT&T wasn't up to par (which they are 2+Mbps for me) I surely wouldn't have them. I don't know who is dumber AT&T for selling phones on a supposedly subpar network or the person buying the phones on the supposedly supbar network and knowing it to Biootch about it later....hmmm. I'd say the latter!
    Really....I don't know, I seem to recall that AT&T is just starting to do something about it's subpar network. After their name was smeared all over the media for being horrible. If it is so great, then why does Consumer Reports rate them dead last or second to last in every category for every major metropolitan area in the U.S. You must be one of the only lucky ones to have excellent service. I'm from Chicago and I have had nothing but problems in the 4 months that I have had them. And YES I do have AT&T and, unfortunately, I want the phone and it is exclusive to AT&T so YEA I am the dummy for having to go to this subpar company in order to get the device I want. That is why the government is doing something about exclusivity, so I wont have to settle for Luke and the AT&T crew in order to have the device I want.
    01-19-10 11:23 AM
    Wow.. the power of the iPhone.

Well I hope your service improves, 7.2?!?
    01-19-10 12:18 PM
    Wow.. the power of the iPhone.

Well I hope your service improves, 7.2?!?
    Thanks. I hope so too. The surprising part is that the data part is not the problem. I have never had problems accessing the App Store or going on the net or downloading apps. That part does actually go quick. 7.2 is already rolled out in Chicago, so they say, but it is quick. Where I have problems in when actually using the phone and MMS once in a while but mostly problems with the actual phone part of the device.
    01-19-10 12:32 PM
    I have an inside source and cannot tell you who it is, for the fear of them losing their jobs. VZW will not get the iPhone due the fact that Apple will not budge from the Insurance issue that VZW and Apple are having. VZW wants to use Insurion for any problems with the Iphone and Apple does not want any third party involved when it comes to device management/repairs.

And this is legit info. Dig around and you will see the truth....

Speculation
    01-22-10 09:12 PM
    They may need to go to Verizon to keep their popularity going. I don't know about you guys, but the latter part of 2009 and early 2010 was been all about Droid. Everyone has seemed to go Google crazy. Someone needs to stop the bleeding a little. I can see by this time next year, that it will all be about Google phones. Things change so fast.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-10 09:29 PM
    I dont see any bleeding. Just because people are buying Android devices doesnt mean Apple is bleeding customers. Most of them are just ones who wont get ATT to get the iphone so they got Android. Id be willing to bet when we see marketshare the iphone continued to outpace Android by more than a little bit. They arent hurting to sell phones one bit. In 5 months theyll sell another 3 million phones in 7 days. They only release a phone once a year so it cant be strong year round when Android has multiple devices constantly launching. Theyll still sell as many (if not more) phones once a year from about June-November as Android does all year. Its just a different sales model instead of spreading out releases/hype across the year.

Just because the news covered Android doesnt mean they sold anything close to what Apple sold. Its just new so its the talk of the town, just like the tablet and iphone 4 will be in a few weeks/months. How long could the iphone be the talk of the town when it came out 7.5 months ago?
    Last edited by stuaw11; 01-22-10 at 09:39 PM.
    01-22-10 09:34 PM
    How many Nexus One phones did they sell... 20,000.. are you kidding me.
    01-23-10 10:28 AM
    I would not expect the iPhone to be on vzw this year for a few sime reasons. Reason number one: Design. A CDMA radio would make the iPhone a tad bit thicker and more bulky. Apple wouldn't go for that. Reason Two: no voice and data at the same time, a major selling point in the iPhone commercials. Reason number three: vzw would never give in on letting apple have full control. Face it, vzw is a control freak. They have an obsession with crippling their phones. Remember what happened the first time? Vzw turned it down because of the app store. Now, MAYBE next year when it's LTE netowkr is up and running then it may happen. But by that time it won't be an exclusive deal, the FCC would have passed the "any phone, any carrier" bill so AT&T would get to keep it as well. I personally have no issues with AT&T whatsoever and really do find their network to be faster than verizons. Simultaneous voice and data is important to me as well. Besides, what's going to happen to vzw's "precious" (already slower than AT&T's) network when there is a 7000% spike in data usage
    01-23-10 03:29 PM
    Wowzers there is sooooo much fail in this thread, and really is just repeating the same bull everyone else has already stated .

One- Bulkier? Are you serious? Are you really that ignorant to what goes into a cell phone ? I dont think this even deserves anymore than a chuckle from me, and I laughed when I read it so moving on.

Two- 91% of ATT SMARTPHONE subs dont use data and voice, and that is just smartphone users. NO ONE cares. I can still check email, compose and send text and recieve a voice call....heck I can take a call while using my gps and as soon as the call is over, I jump right back on my gps. My droid even allows me to browse the web and talk at the same time ( wifi ). So.....fail .

Three- VZW is a open source open dev network now, and that is being proven with the Droid line up . It doesnt get more open than a google phone, I can get google voice, skype and google text on my NON ROOTED Droid. VZW is allowing people to utilize the network and have more freedom than you can ever get with anyone else. MAybe this statement worked last year ( early) but not any longer. Fail again.

Now whats so important with voice and data simultaneously ? Or are you just a Luke Wilson fan? Please elaborate, why is this so important to you and the other 9% of smartphone users who do this?

I mean seriously, with ATT lack of coverage for data, I cant see this being very popular at all since it is probably darn near impossible to find a place to call and get on the net at the same time to begin with !!!
    01-23-10 03:58 PM
    Now whats so important with voice and data simultaneously ? Or are you just a Luke Wilson fan? Please elaborate, why is this so important to you and the other 9% of smartphone users who do this?

I mean seriously, with ATT lack of coverage for data, I cant see this being very popular at all since it is probably darn near impossible to find a place to call and get on the net at the same time to begin with !!!
    Simultaneous voice and data doesn't just make it possible for people to talk on the phone and look things up on the browser, yes people do this but this isn't the only big selling point. Simultaneous voice and data is great for business use. Say you are on a call, and you still need to respond to emails from your job. You can with this feature. It helps a lot.

You also don't have to worry about downloads suspending while on a call. Your dl will still continue and may be ready for use by the time you get off the call, depending on how long it is.

If AT&Ts network was so impossible to find areas to make a call on, then the network wouldn't even exist. If you think AT&Ts coverage is so bad, I don't even want to know what you feel about Tmobile and Sprint.

AT&T coverage may be lacking for you, but my area is blanketed with 3G coverage, and I get great call quality, and data speeds.
    01-23-10 04:07 PM
    Simultaneous voice and data doesn't just make it possible for people to talk on the phone and look things up on the browser, yes people do this but this isn't the only big selling point. Simultaneous voice and data is great for business use. Say you are on a call, and you still need to respond to emails from your job. You can with this feature. It helps a lot.

You also don't have to worry about downloads suspending while on a call. Your dl will still continue and may be ready for use by the time you get off the call, depending on how long it is.

If AT&Ts network was so impossible to find areas to make a call on, then the network wouldn't even exist. If you think AT&Ts coverage is so bad, I don't even want to know what you feel about Tmobile and Sprint.

AT&T coverage may be lacking for you, but my area is blanketed with 3G coverage, and I get great call quality, and data speeds.
    I don't know what part of NY you live in. To say At&t's 3g service in NY is amazing is as funny as the Bugatti Mouse! I mean do I need to get Howard Stern in on this.
    01-23-10 07:17 PM
    I don't know what part of NY you live in. To say At&t's 3g service in NY is amazing is as funny as the Bugatti Mouse! I mean do I need to get Howard Stern in on this.

Because you all buy into the media crap thats why. The area in New York the city having issues is VERY small in terms of square miles to the STATE of New York or even the boroughs. EVERYWHERE in New York isnt terrible, but if you blindly buy into what the media says then I guess youd react how you did like many others do.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 01-23-10 at 07:28 PM.
    01-23-10 07:25 PM

Why bother? Hes 91% a VZW fanboy I love the made up percentages, that shows the sheer ignorance of the argument.

No one cares what he thinks, how he uses his phone is how it is, not EVERYONE out there like he likes to make every statement into. ATT wouldnt drop millions into ads promoting this feature if they didnt do their marketing research and, shocker, people actually use this feature!

Let not feed the trolls
    Last edited by stuaw11; 01-23-10 at 07:37 PM.
    01-23-10 07:30 PM
    Well, thats true and not true, i have a source too not telling who it is, told me that verizon is getting the iphone in the middle of the year or not!, but then again the google nexus is suppose to be heading for verizon!, lets wait till April!
    01-23-10 07:40 PM
84 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD