The Apple iPhone just comes with to many risk concerning my own money

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-10 08:02 PM
    The funny part about this is how both parties to this negotiation keep leaking stuff to the bloggers like a couple of 12 year old girls to try and put public pressure on the other on their deal points. Trust me, this deal is going to happen and happen soon. The economics are just too strong on either side. BTW, it's going to be worth way more than $500MM a year to VZ. This deal literally could destroy AT&T if VZ leverages it corrrectly. They are the only company with the current infrastructure and money to make 4G happen for the masses. It will also seal the fate of Sprint.
    01-12-10 08:12 PM
    The funny part about this is how both parties to this negotiation keep leaking stuff to the bloggers like a couple of 12 year old girls to try and put public pressure on the other on their deal points. Trust me, this deal is going to happen and happen soon. The economics are just too strong on either side. BTW, it's going to be worth way more than $500MM a year to VZ. This deal literally could destroy AT&T if VZ leverages it corrrectly. They are the only company with the current infrastructure and money to make 4G happen for the masses. It will also seal the fate of Sprint.
    Someone drank a lil too much of the VZW kool-aid. VZW would crumble nearly or the same amount as ATT if they had carried the iphone burden themselves. Its easy to be the one throwing the stones at the other's glass house while talking big.

And ATT has nearly the same amount of 700mhz spectrum for LTE and plenty of cash to do it too. ATT really is the money gaint, VZW has the cash because they have a huge Vodafone parent company backing in their business.

A deal with VZW would never destroy ATT at all, they did just fine competitively before the iphone and VZW bought 10-20 million or so Altell subs. Check the past subscriber numbers year by year pre-iphone and 2007, they were side by side with VZW basically.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 01-12-10 at 08:27 PM.
    01-12-10 08:23 PM
    Honestly I don't think anyone really knows where the iPhone will go next except for steve jobs and a select few people. Everyone can speculate but none of us really know.

01-12-10 08:24 PM
    hopefully we will find out in a few months
    01-12-10 09:42 PM
    In reality I just can't see it coming this summer. MAYBE towards the end of the year when Verizon will have LTE somewhere. I just can't see Apple pumping out their prize possession on inferior cellular technology (cdma).

If it is reality I will be that much happier to stay with AT&T. The only way I would ever switch to Verizon is if Apple comes out with an LTE iPhone and Verizon just happens to have LTE in full effect where I live (NOT!).

Oh and when I say in full effect I mean at that exact same time, not a "month" not "this fall" not "late summer" I mean there and now.

I will be hitting up Miami soon and will check out some AT&T HSPA+ 7.2 goodness.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 01-12-10 at 10:00 PM.
    01-12-10 09:57 PM
    Dont rush 7.2 doesnt seem to be fully up here in Miami yet that i can find. still getting about 1.5mb down, while still good, not 7.2
    01-12-10 10:06 PM
    Honestly I don't think anyone really knows where the iPhone will go next except for steve jobs and a select few people. Everyone can speculate but none of us really know.

Thank you, said perfectly. No anylyst knows anything, everyone is just speculating. a new anylyst everyday says they "know" and inside source that "know" Verizon is getting the iPhone. Hopefully we will have our awnser in a couple weeks.
    01-13-10 07:29 AM
    Thank you, said perfectly. No anylyst knows anything, everyone is just speculating. a new anylyst everyday says they "know" and inside source that "know" Verizon is getting the iPhone. Hopefully we will have our awnser in a couple weeks.
    It just get annoying how everyone wants to be the inside source on this topic when im sure the execs at apple could still themselves not have a clear answer of their next move. They could have aspirations of where they want their device to be, or where they see their platform in 2 years, but who is to say they even have a deal set into motion at this time. Its all just speculation for conversation right now in my personal opinion.
    01-13-10 07:46 AM
    Dont rush 7.2 doesnt seem to be fully up here in Miami yet that i can find. still getting about 1.5mb down, while still good, not 7.2
    Yet another reason Apple should buy AT&T...
    01-13-10 08:00 AM
    Yet another reason Apple should buy AT&T...
    Nah theres nothing wrong with ATT like some others want to claim day after day.

Im still getting 1.7mb down today so something is going on with the speed because 1.7 real world is really above what theoretical 3.6 would offer in a big city like Miami. Theyre definitely doing something with the backhaul because I keep seeing speeds going up as time goes on. Theyre probably just upgrading slowly, not boom overnight.

Still 1.7mb down is pretty impressive for 3G.
    01-13-10 07:39 PM
    I get 2Mbps regularly where I live so I'm as happy as can be, still like many of us I thirst for more.
    01-13-10 10:01 PM
    Ok, appears fine to me.

Thread back open thanks for your patience.
    01-13-10 10:09 PM
    Att truly does totaly suck. I am a over the road truck driver so I go all across the country. I have a verizon bb and a iphone on att sitting right next to each other. I (try) to use my iphone for my gps navigation but unless u are on a major interstate(sometimes not even then) or around a major city my att is constantly off network (roaming). Then att constantly sends me texts and emails that I am using excessive amounts of off network data and to stop using it when I am off network (which is about 75% of the time). So I pay 80$ a month for something I can't use. They say if I continue to use it they are gonna cut my service. And 3g. What a total joke that is. It only works in major cities. Get 10 miles out of a city and all u get is snail slow edge connection. And all the time my verizon is sitting on full 3 g coverage. Verizon is always on network and 90% of the Time on 3g. anyone who says att is better than verizon is delusional. Its not even close. Vzw has WAY BETTER coverage. I don't care what you att fanboys say ,the proof is in the pudding. Let me close by saying. ATT SUX!!!!! VZW RULES!!!!!!

01-14-10 05:52 AM
    and VZW fanboy central commences, AT&T sucks.. AT&T sucks.. er der.. uh.. um yea yea... yea yea..
    01-14-10 08:18 AM
    and VZW fanboy central commences, AT&T sucks.. AT&T sucks.. er der.. uh.. um yea yea... yea yea..
    Ya. Thanks for that informative post. I am just telling you what my experiance with both networks is. Why don't you drive around the country as I do with both vzw and att and then maybe you will realize what I am saying is truth . If you are happy with sub-par service then good for you. Just saying vzw. Coverage area is far superior to att. Believe me. I put on enough miles to make a un bias conclusion. If you actually left the city and got out in the real world you would probaly change your tune. Vzw doesn't pay me to promote them. Why would I lie? I am am fan of what works the best

Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 01-14-10 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Personal attack
    01-14-10 09:14 AM
    BS.. Shut up please

Well Said....

Much speculation is going on as to whether Verizon Wireless will actually gain the iPhone, and to be honest, Verizon carrying the next iPhone would make sense as it would increase iPhone ownership immensely and bring in more revenue to Apple, so logically an Apple, Verizon deal would be good for all concerned. That is why i don't think either party will fold on this deal. They will work it all out because in the end.........they will both make a lot of money and that is what they are after anyways.
    01-14-10 09:42 AM
    Personally I think Verizon has Apple on the pay no mind list. They will do just fine without a iphone. Sprint on the other hand might need Apple/iphone a little more.
    01-14-10 11:40 AM
    Stuaw11 and entertainment72 you guys are such blind fanboys of ATT and Apple, and yet you guys have so many posts here on crackberry I guess it's just to defend ATT and Apple all over the web?
    01-14-10 11:52 AM
    At this point, I think I would be stunned if Verizon didn't get the iPhone.

If Apple wants world domination, they will go with Verizon.
    01-14-10 01:37 PM
    That's a shame if it true I know a lot of people still willing to stick with verizon if the iphone was being release on it
    01-14-10 05:05 PM
    I for one, would love to see Apple and Verizon come to an agreement. I use my iPhone in Chicago and it's near suburbs and I drop calls and get calls that go in and out of reception all the time. This happens in very high populated areas. Just yesterday. I was in between two calls. When I ended with one and switched to the other, I could here my friend but he could not here me. I hung up and called back. He said that, all of a sudden he was talking to some random girl. Somehow, as I switched calls on call waiting, the network switched my friend from my line to some random person. Seven years at Verizon and no problems, 4 months at AT&T and nothing but problems, and I wont even get into the billing they screw up on me every month that I have to call and yell about. I subscribe to Consumer Reports and the above poster is right. They polled the mosted populated metropolitan cities in the US and AT&T was dead last or second to last in every city and every category ranging from call quality to customer service. So, no, they were not polling the back roads of Arkansas but major cities. I love my iPhone and if the new and improved iPhone 4g goes to Verizon I will gladly pay the ETF and eat the cost of my phone and I will be the first one in line at my Local Verizon store on launch day.
    Last edited by iitaalliiaann1; 01-14-10 at 06:46 PM.
    01-14-10 06:43 PM
    I for one, would love to see Apple and Verizon come to an agreement. I use my iPhone in Chicago and it's near suburbs and I drop calls and get calls that go in and out of reception all the time. This happens in very high populated areas. Just yesterday. I was in between two calls. When I ended with one and switched to the other, I could here my friend but he could not here me. I hung up and called back. He said that, all of a sudden he was talking to some random girl. Somehow, as I switched calls on call waiting, the network switched my friend from my line to some random person. Seven years at Verizon and no problems, 4 months at AT&T and nothing but problems, and I wont even get into the billing they screw up on me every month that I have to call and yell about. I subscribe to Consumer Reports and the above poster is right. They polled the mosted populated metropolitan cities in the US and AT&T was dead last or second to last in every city and every category ranging from call quality to customer service. So, no, they were not polling the back roads of Arkansas but major cities. I love my iPhone and if the new and improved iPhone 4g goes to Verizon I will gladly pay the ETF and eat the cost of my phone and I will be the first one in line at my Local Verizon store on launch day.

I agree with you my good man. What a statement.
    01-14-10 06:50 PM
    Deleted 3 posts.

Please keep it civil (no insults, personal attacks or profanity) or go play in
    another sandbox. Thanks
    01-14-10 07:00 PM
    At this point, I think I would be stunned if Verizon didn't get the iPhone.

If Apple wants world domination, they will go with Verizon.
    World uses GSM more than CDMA.. so much for world dominitation any time soon (maybe with LTE in a few years). Twin Cities.. how do you like your AT&T 3G service?

01-15-10 10:29 AM
84 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD