I have an inside source and cannot tell you who it is, for the fear of them losing their jobs. VZW will not get the iPhone due the fact that Apple will not budge from the Insurance issue that VZW and Apple are having. VZW wants to use Insurion for any problems with the Iphone and Apple does not want any third party involved when it comes to device management/repairs.

And this is legit info. Dig around and you will see the truth....
    01-11-10 06:52 PM
    Annnnd speculation thread # 21348712301237.2 "Will They or Won't They?" has begun, ladies and gentleman.
    01-11-10 06:54 PM
    Love that the OP thinks this is news. Or legit for that matter. I'm going to bet that VZW gets it by this time next year.
    01-11-10 07:01 PM
    In a related story I will be the new host of American Idol since Simon Cowell has
    called it quits.
    01-11-10 07:15 PM
    BS.. Shut up please

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-10 07:17 PM
    In a related story I will be the new host of American Idol since Simon Cowell has
    called it quits.
    Why on earth would you claim that? That show is the 5th sign of the apocolypse as well as affirmation of the death of the music buisness and all associated with it should be burned at the stake.
    01-11-10 08:31 PM
    In an unrelated related news, Verizon and AT&T have agreed to switch the Roid and iPhone. As of May 2010 AT&T will carry the Roid and VZW will carry the iPhone GSM-A single band 800Mhz cdma.7.2.
    01-11-10 08:55 PM
    annnnd speculation thread # 21348712301237.2 "will they or won't they?" has begun, ladies and gentleman.
    lmao!! +1
    01-11-10 08:59 PM
    BS.. Shut up please

I agree totally!
    01-11-10 09:03 PM
    Yes, more speculation

BUT

would anyone HONESTLY be shocked if this was some truth? Apple and VZW are probably the 2 most stubborn companies out there. I wouldnt be too shocked if they couldnt come to terms yet again.

Also insurance on the phone has been an issue for lots of people since no one will cover it and if you break or lose it youre pretty much SOL. Its a very different model then most carriers are used to who usually insure all of their phones (which keeps customers happy with them when problems arise).

Att and Apple make such a good combo because ATT gives Apple control over everything with the phone and platform, and anything else Apple wants really within reason (and prob good $$$ too). VZW isnt historically known for giving anyone anything or bending to anyone. And ATT has historically not insured its high end smartphones (until recently) so people were already kind of used to it already.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 01-11-10 at 09:16 PM.
    01-11-10 09:13 PM
    Apple is willing to sacrifice not selling the iphone to 80+ million potential customers because of insurance????? That my friend is arrogance.
    01-11-10 09:32 PM
    arrogance? no.

They want control over their hardware and who touches it. If VZW people tinker with their hardware on returns and much up thousands of phones, its costing them big $$$$$$$ !!

Sorry but after dealing with techs in stores at Sprint and VZW, I can surely say I wouldnt want a poorly trained store rep taking apart my $600 phone which doesnt have any insurance coverage on it, who knows less about the phone than I do.

Would you rather have the Midas around the street work on something complex on your car, say the computer, or the dealership which specializes in your car and replace anything they break out of their own pocket? The dealership SURELY wouldnt want to have to cover Midas' mistakes. As I said above, Apple (dealership) doesnt want VZW (Midas) touching their product or tinkering with it, they want to service it themselves and done right the first time.

This is why the iphone ranks #1 is customer satisfaction out of all phones out there.

Im SURE Apple would have another 80 million customer to peddle their phone to, but they arent going to sacrifice their business model and what has worked for them up to now, because Apple sells products through word of mouth and mindshare. Thats their advertising, providing good service on a good product and making people happy so they want to buy again from them and say good things to their friends.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 01-11-10 at 09:47 PM.
    01-11-10 09:35 PM
    arrogance? no.

They want control over their hardware and who touches it. If VZW people tinker with their hardware on returns and much up thousands of phones, its costing them big $$$$$$$ !!

Sorry but after dealing with techs in stores at Sprint and VZW, I can surely say I wouldnt want a poorly trained store rep taking apart my $600 phone which doesnt have any insurance coverage on it, who knows less about the phone than I do.

Would you rather have the Midas around the street work on something complex on your car, say the computer, or the dealership which specializes in your car and replace anything they break out of their own pocket? The dealership SURELY wouldnt want to have to cover Midas' mistakes. As I said above, Apple (dealership) doesnt want VZW (Midas) touching their product or tinkering with it, they want to service it themselves and done right the first time.

Im SURE Apple would have another 80 million customer to peddle their phone to, but they arent going to sacrifice their business model and what has worked for them up to now.

Who the **** is Apple to say where I get my fully paid for iphone serviced. They act like they still own the phone after the sale. There are third party companies such as square trade that offer insurance and do wonderful work fixing iphones. Apple seems to think there the only ones who can fix a iphone, honestly they need to get over themselves.
    01-11-10 09:49 PM
    LOL i love it.

Why? BECAUSE ITS THEIR COMPANY AND PRODUCT. They can choose their own business model at will, thats why.

I think youre a tad over the top here, because they can do whatever they please with their product no matter what you personally think. Its not your choice one bit- dont like it dont buy it. Its an easy answer.
    01-11-10 10:29 PM
    Think of it like a new car. You buy it and its yours, you get to choose were it gets repaired, weather it be a dealer or random mechanic. .
    01-12-10 12:29 AM
    If any of you really sat down and took a close look at the China made Blackberry phones that come out of an Asurion box, you wouldn't be surprised if there's at least that much truth to this. If I were Apple, I wouldn't let Asurion touch my product. They are a isht company that get paid way too much each year for subpar quality handsets. Their quality is even worse then RIM's NIB devices. Ask anyone who's gotten an Asurion BB replacement that's been in an Asurion branded box... isht looks like it was put together with the cheapest isht from China.
    exactly my point, Apple can control the refurb process and only release top notch refurbs. I have a 32gb refurb now and it actually better then the new in box 16gb one i had previously. It was basically new in the box with 10 months of the year Applecare on it.

I cant tell you the number of refurb horror stories there are out there, but Ive heard very very few issues with iphone refurbs because theyre done through Apple.

Think of it like a new car. You buy it and its yours, you get to choose were it gets repaired, weather it be a dealer or random mechanic. .
    Of course. you can go down the street and get your cracked iphone screen replaced for $75 from a local guy all over the place (at your own risk of course).

But Apple still chooses to service phones in-house, and thats their decision to make with their product to control quality and consumer satisfaction. Again, this is a big reason why the iphone has held #1 in consumer satisfaction for quite some time now, they control the refurbs and repair process which theyre pretty darn good at from my own experience and what others who have gone through it say too.

They only want to pay to repair their own work/faults, not something that someone else caused tinkering with it- refurbing phones costs them money, its not free to the manufacturer. Like I said before, and youre saying, anyone is more than free to find a local repair guy and get their iphone repaired, but youre kind of on your own after that point. But theres no Apple employee who's going to come to your house or stop you from doing that at all.

All of these insurance/repair arguments are following some circular logic. This is no different then any other phone out there, you get it serviced by your carrier or the manufacturer. You cant go to local pop electronics shop or guy down the street and have them do warranty work on ANY phone and then have your warranty service honored once they see the thing was opened up. So youre still in the same pigeon hole of the contract between the manufacturer and the carrier in the end. Its really Apples choice how they form their contracts whether you like their methods or not. If they choose not to deal with Asurion then they dont, I dont find it such a bad thing from seeing some Asurion refurb quality.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 01-12-10 at 01:17 AM.
    01-12-10 12:47 AM
    Apple is willing to sacrifice not selling the iphone to 80+ million potential customers because of insurance????? That my friend is arrogance.
    Arrogance that has made Apple MILLIONS of dollars..

Apple has customer service unlike any other and that includes AT&T and Verizon. I'll stick to Apple. It wasn't AT&T that won the JD Powers award(s) in customer satisfaction.. trust me.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 01-12-10 at 08:28 AM.
    01-12-10 08:25 AM
    I think if Apple is going to be in the phone business, they need to change and make an AppleCare plan just for the iPhone. A plan that's prorated and subsidized by the carriers selling the phones. It should be part of the cost of the phone for a period of their contract. No contact, you buy the AppleCare plan yourself at full price. The plan constitues of x amount of replacements under accidental protection. After that, you're out of luck. Both factory and accidental failures must be evaluated by an Apple certified technician at an Apple store or those trained and paid carrier techs who HAVE taken and been certified by Apple's cell phone training or whatnot. They will determine if a product needs replacement and falls under the replacement agreement. If a replacement is needed, the phone is replaced with Apple factory refurbs and the phone is sent back to Apple for fixing. You get 2 accidental replacements and then your buying phones from there on. Your AppleCare plan is also modified to exclude any more replacements due to accidental damage, but will maintain the factory replacment under the 1 year warranty period for factory failures. After the 1 year of factory warranty, if you've already killed 2 phones, you're on your own with replacements.

Problem solved and everyone is happy.
    01-12-10 11:10 AM
    verizon doesnt need the iphone
    01-12-10 11:11 AM
    No speculation. I have direct info. VZW will not have the iphone due to apple will not allow third party insurance. My info comes straight from vzw. Don't believe me. Just watch. It will never come out and you will all be pissed. I really don't care if you believe me or not. Just trying to help you.

01-12-10 01:11 PM
    It's true everyone

Sasquatch just came into my office and whispered that very thing into my ear. This is my second confirmation today. The first one was a text from Elvis this morning.
    01-12-10 01:40 PM
    verizon doesnt need the iphone
    They don't "need" the iPhone correct.. but something tells me they wouldn't mind earning another 500 million dollars a year in new revenue with it.
    01-12-10 02:08 PM
    I guess I'm the only one that believes this could be true. AT&T gave up their manhood for the iPhone, but Verizon (may eventually), but is probably putting up a fight. If Verizon gets this to happen, everyone would flock to them, even if AT&T has great service for them and have no issues. Win win for Verizon as everyone I"m sure will insure their iPhones.
    01-12-10 04:50 PM
    I guess I'm the only one that believes this could be true. AT&T gave up their manhood for the iPhone, but Verizon (may eventually), but is probably putting up a fight. If Verizon gets this to happen, everyone would flock to them, even if AT&T has great service for them and have no issues. Win win for Verizon as everyone I"m sure will insure their iPhones.
    Yup and about 95 percent of the ones that bash the iPhone on here will be included in the flock.
    01-12-10 05:04 PM
    Yup and about 95 percent of the ones that bash the iPhone on here will be included in the flock.
    Exactly. People talk about the iPhone all the time. I honestly think that has a lot to do with the fact that they can't get one (note- It is mostly Verizon users who are talking badly about it). Once the door of opportunity opens for them and they can purchase one, hypocrisy will rule the forums.
    01-12-10 07:19 PM
84 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD