Did you go to an Apple store?
    i'm 2 hours from an apple store so I wasn't able to.

I also pre-ordered from Verizon, so apple is claiming Verizon has to handle the exchange... verizon is telling me they can't ship me one until launch if not later, so i'm not happyyyyy
    02-08-11 12:16 PM
    all 3 i tried did! I even uninstalled and reinstalled. I've tried my mac mini, macbook pro, and a netbook, all of which have yielded the same result... trying it on a friends macbook and another PC later on, but so far I have a very expensive paperweight, and apple/verizon can't seem to figure out how to send me a replacement...
    Look at this thread and there's a youtube vid that may help.

iphone 3GS cant restore error 28... - MacRumors Forums

I would also try recovering the ISP via jailbreaking method which may help. Maybe try greenpoison jailbreak. I also read that an older version of iTunes may help as well to get your device back but I'm not sure if it will work with this phone. Apparently, a lot of people have experienced so there's a lot out there on the Internet of possible fixes with success. I would try every option.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 02-08-11 at 12:20 PM.
    02-08-11 12:17 PM
    i'm 2 hours from an apple store so I wasn't able to.

I also pre-ordered from Verizon, so apple is claiming Verizon has to handle the exchange... verizon is telling me they can't ship me one until launch if not later, so i'm not happyyyyy
    Yeah Verizon would have to handle the exchange but Apple could possible fix it for you. They take ownership of all software and hardware problems. So try some of the things in my previous post.
    02-08-11 12:19 PM
    Look at this thread and there's a youtube vid that may help.

iphone 3GS cant restore error 28... - MacRumors Forums

I would also try recovering the ISP via jailbreaking method which may help. I also read that an older version of iTunes may help as well to get your device back but I'm not sure if it will work with this phone. Apparently, a lot of people have experienced so there's a lot out there on the Internet of possible fixes with success. I would try every option.
    I've tried most of the methods (aside from opening the phone) without success. I tried greenpois0n jailbreaking and couldn't even get the phone to take the new JB (which is confirmed working on 4.2.6)...

Yeah Verizon would have to handle the exchange but Apple could possible fix it for you. They take ownership of all software and hardware problems. So try some of the things in my previous post.
    I don't want it to be fixed, as I'd be looking at atleast a week back and forth, and online resources seem to indicate the problem is recurring if the unit is not replaced... just bad luck for me
    02-08-11 12:22 PM
    I've tried most of the methods (aside from opening the phone) without success. I tried greenpois0n jailbreaking and couldn't even get the phone to take the new JB (which is confirmed working on 4.2.6)...

I don't want it to be fixed, as I'd be looking at atleast a week back and forth, and online resources seem to indicate the problem is recurring if the unit is not replaced... just bad luck for me
    Have you gone to iclarified.com and tried a different jailbreaking method that requires the restoration of the ISP file?
    02-08-11 12:26 PM
    Have you gone to iclarified.com and tried a different jailbreaking method that requires the restoration of the ISP file?
    I haven't seen any methods aside from GreenPois0n for jailbreaking 4.2.6.... any chance you can post a link if you know one exists? I'd love to be able to fix my phone!!!
    02-08-11 12:42 PM
    I don't know what to say. That is odd. It worked for me the first try on a different MacBook and failed 10 times on my MacBook Pro. It syncs perfectly with my MBP now too.
    02-08-11 02:07 PM
    I recieved mine Monday at 9am, came from a bold 0
    9650 I had signal issues at first in my house but now I'm pulling four bars normally which is good because I thought I would have to return it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-11 08:24 PM
    Are they 4g compatable? I think it would be stupid of verizon to release a new phone if they weren't. That would be the only thing stopping me from getting one.
    02-08-11 09:00 PM
    No, they're 3G. The Android HTC Thunderbolt will be VZW's first 4G LTE phone.

02-08-11 09:02 PM
    No, they're 3G. The Android HTC Thunderbolt will be VZW's first 4G LTE phone.

When are those suppose to be released?
    02-08-11 09:15 PM
    is tat all you did to fix the issue?? I have the same problem and have tried on 3 computers only to find the same problem...phone is bricked and unusable, I can't get it to turn on or do anything!!! restore fails and gives error 28 and apple doesn't know what to do......
    I don't know how it goes for Verizon, but when my phone went brick from being stuck from a jailbreak, I downloaded the entire OS (4.2.1), so When I restore, I don't restore via having iTunes downloading the OS, but I restore it from my own desktop copy of OS.

Have you tried that?

It's always good to have a copy of the firmware saved somewhere. Not sure what Verizon is running but I believe it's the last on the bottom, since it says CDMA
    iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From

What you do is, go into Itunes, and Shift+click on the restore button and that will allows you to browse your hard drive for the firmware once you saved it there.
    Last edited by Shodan775; 02-08-11 at 09:47 PM.
    02-08-11 09:40 PM
    When are those suppose to be released?
    February 14-28th. Check out Android Central for info on Android phones.

The iPhone is a decent phone though. I like the browser.

02-08-11 10:03 PM
    I don't know what to say. That is odd. It worked for me the first try on a different MacBook and failed 10 times on my MacBook Pro. It syncs perfectly with my MBP now too.
    i didn't expect you in here im getting the iphone 4 also gonna stay up to try and order one, hopefully ill be able to bill to account xD
    02-08-11 11:07 PM
    4g doesn't come to a lot of places for Verizon till 2012 or 2013 so by that time I'll be able to upgrade again

02-09-11 12:21 AM
    Hey uf_gators, nice screen name I'm currently attending UF majoring in Business.

Wow I didn't expect to see avt123 and retrokid223 in here

I've had my iPhone 4 since 11:30am yesterday. The call quality is so much better than when I had the iPhone 4 on AT&T briefly. But that is due to being CDMA and not GSM, it sounds like a landline rather than the hollow, tinny and sometimes warbly call quality I had on the GSM version.

Data speeds are not as fast as AT&T which is to be expected but it's not really noticeable in web browsing, only when downloading apps, which isn't that much of a problem since I use wifi for that.

All in all I'm very pleased with it and glad to be using an iPhone instead of the Droid X or Fascinate that I had. As I always say, a much more polished experience.
    02-09-11 08:51 AM
    Hey uf_gators, nice screen name I'm currently attending UF majoring in Business.

I've had my iPhone 4 since 11:30am yesterday. The call quality is so much better than when I had the iPhone 4 on AT&T briefly. But that is due to being CDMA and not GSM, it sounds like a landline rather than the hollow, tinny and sometimes warbly call quality I had on the GSM version.

Data speeds are not as fast as AT&T which is to be expected but it's not really noticeable in web browsing, only when downloading apps, which isn't that much of a problem since I use wifi for that.

All in all I'm very pleased with it and glad to be using an iPhone instead of the Droid X or Fascinate that I had. As I always say, a much more polished experience.
    sweet man glad you like it, i wasn't able to order mines today i tried to bill to account but vzw rep said its a nono. imma wait till next week cause i wanna try to get enough money for the 32gb
    02-09-11 08:55 AM
    gotta say, that I absolutely love the iPhone. I'm coming from a droid incredible, which is a pretty sweet phone, but I have to agree with others, ios is more polished than android right now. Everything just looks so much cleaner on the iPhone and everything is just fast...It just works like it should. And apps, especially games, are better on the iPhone. Also, the screen is amazing, nothing compares to it right now. Android is a great platform but it just needs to get a little more refined. I think they are on the right track but right now iOS is better IMHO....
    02-09-11 09:13 AM
    gotta say, that I absolutely love the iPhone. I'm coming from a droid incredible, which is a pretty sweet phone, but I have to agree with others, ios is more polished than android right now. Everything just looks so much cleaner on the iPhone and everything is just fast...It just works like it should. And apps, especially games, are better on the iPhone. Also, the screen is amazing, nothing compares to it right now. Android is a great platform but it just needs to get a little more refined. I think they are on the right track but right now iOS is better IMHO....
    i agree with this, im just tired of android all together
    02-09-11 09:21 AM
    You guys are making me consider iPhone over Android now...hmmm. Good reviews, thanks!

02-09-11 11:35 AM
    You guys are making me consider iPhone over Android now...hmmm. Good reviews, thanks!

Never hurts to try and see if it works. I know I try every OS just to see because you just never know. And you can always switch back. It's not like once you go, you're stuck
    02-09-11 12:37 PM
    We just got three of these for our company Verizson account. We've got a Droid moving to it, a first time Blackberry user leaving the old curve I had given him and one guy this is first smartphone ever.
    02-09-11 01:31 PM
    Just got my iphone. was able to walk into the store and bill the price of the phone to my account
    02-11-11 03:59 PM
    Boy oh boy...I was sold on the Thunderbolt, but now I'm not so sure. I would love to have an iPhone but I don't want to burn my upgrade on an I4. Patience, patience............
    02-11-11 10:02 PM
    i didn't expect you in here im getting the iphone 4 also gonna stay up to try and order one, hopefully ill be able to bill to account xD

Haha. Yea I am Apple user so buying the iPhone was a given. I still prefer Android though do to its superior customization. The iPhone is just flawless though.

There was a single tear that dropped from my eye when the first call I made wasn't dropped. haha.

The device is awesome. This will hold me over until the serious Android devices come out and possibly the iPhone 5 (gotta see what it's packing first).

So far I must say, talking on this phone has been a pleasure. Best call quality I have ever had. It make the AT&T version look like garbage IMO and even make my DX sound like it has bad quality, and I thought the DX was/is an excellent device.

Now to put my $150-$200 worth of iOS apps to use again.
    02-12-11 01:29 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD