From modmyi.com

Cook also referred to Apple TV as a "hobby…" but didn't say whose hobby it was. "We're continuing to invest in it because our gut tells us there's something there," he said, but averred that Apple has no interest in making TVs. "Today, the go-to-market model for Apple TV is very difficult," he said, "because it would seem that that go-to-market model would lead to the TV. And we have no interest in being in the TV market."

That is funny. Apple TV was a pretty big failure for the company, so I'm not surprised that they have changed their tune: "failure = hobby". I suppose the Macbook Air was a hobby also?

Never trust bank analysts to provide any significant insight about anything except how to most easily hand over your hard-earned money to them, much less insight about the mobile phone world.

IF an iPhone 4G comes out in June, then it most likely will not be 4G (Wimax/LTE) capable, since those networks are still in the testing stages, and the LTE networks like Verizon have said they do not plan on offering any smart phones on LTE any time soon.

It will probably be another 3G update, in my opinion it will have the new Apple A4 chip, a better screen, better battery life and will probably coincide with the release of iPhone OS 4.0. If the recent news coming out about exactly how mobile phones strangle networks (by intermittently disconnecting and reconnecting to the network, causing node switching issues thus poor reliability), then I think a new iPhone would correct this issue and please a lot of customers. I also think the next iPhone will have the capability to read books from the iBookstore or whatever it will be called.
    Last edited by mdude85; 02-25-10 at 10:49 AM.
    02-25-10 10:47 AM
    Store reps know nothing. Some, and I mean SOME call center reps have some information based on their contacts but they'd be crazy to share it.

That is all I am going to say.
    While it would be nice to have the iPhone, I refuse to switch back to AT&T. I didn't get service where I need it the most with them, that's why I'm currently on VZW. I will more than likely go to the Storm2 when the warranty runs out on this 8130 I have now. Best bet? I would venture to say.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-10 02:39 PM
    Hmmm, not sure about that. I think that if that was the case there would be a deal stuck already. Apple giving at&t the ipad reaffirms they don't want a partnership with big red.
    I could not agree more, one thing people do not seem to understand is that Apple is not like any other company. They really do not care about who has the most customers, what they care about is having control over every aspect of their products. VZW already said NO once to them and then they used the iPhone in their against ATT, while it might seem like a little thing to some, Apple has been know to hold a grudge or two in the past. The only way that I see VZW getting the iPhone is if they agree to let Apple do whatever they want like ATT did.
    02-25-10 03:22 PM
    While it would be nice to have the iPhone, I refuse to switch back to AT&T. I didn't get service where I need it the most with them, that's why I'm currently on VZW. I will more than likely go to the Storm2 when the warranty runs out on this 8130 I have now. Best bet? I would venture to say.

Exactly how long ago were you with at&t and what location? At&t has made dramatic improvements from even 6-8 months ago.
    02-25-10 04:01 PM
    ^^i agree. I switched back from VZ and i can tell AT&T has made significant progress and i am in Manhattan which is one of the most troubled areas.
    02-25-10 04:09 PM
    ^^i agree. I switched back from VZ and i can tell AT&T has made significant progress and i am in Manhattan which is one of the most troubled areas.
    I'm in central WV and had them a year and a half ago. However, I have talked to other people in the area and at college, and the coverage here is still the same. There was, and still is, very few spots on campus where anyone can call out or receive a call. With VZ I have no worries whatsoever.
    02-25-10 07:56 PM
    I carry a Verizon 8830WE for work and a personal 9700. I travel no less than two weeks out of every month, to every major city in the U.S. And many, many smaller towns. I'm sometimes in a city for 90 days at a time.
    I do *not* find a difference between my VZW phone and my AT&T phone when talking about signal. The only exception is the DC Metro where AT&T is just now able to receive data. Other than that, I find comparable coverage, including Manhattan.
    To be perfectly frank, I do not rely on my VZW phone more than my AT&T. In my opinion, and in my personal experience, I do not find that VZW is any more available than AT&T in any the cities where I travel.
    I realize there are maps and stats and articles on this issue, but all I know is that when I get out of a plane, I have signal on both phones.

Last edited by Qbnkelt; 02-26-10 at 06:07 AM.
    02-26-10 06:03 AM
    I carry a Verizon 8830WE for work and a personal 9700. I travel no less than two weeks out of every month, to every major city in the U.S. And many, many smaller towns. I'm sometimes in a city for 90 days at a time.
    I do *not* find a difference between my VZW phone and my AT&T phone when talking about signal. The only exception is the DC Metro where AT&T is just now able to receive data. Other than that, I find comparable coverage, including Manhattan.
    To be perfectly frank, I do not rely on my VZW phone more than my AT&T. In my opinion, and in my personal experience, I do not find that VZW is any more available than AT&T in any the cities where I travel.
    I realize there are maps and stats and articles on this issue, but all I know is that when I get out of a plane, I have signal on both phones.

I've noticed if you're in the major cities across the us, you have 3G on AT&T everywhere... no real problems with coverage, it's just out in the rural areas you end up on edge... but I'll take edge over vzw's 1x data anyday... apps actually work on edge.... and there's a MAP for that too ! lol sorry couldn't resist the urge
    02-26-10 11:10 AM
    Store reps know nothing. Some, and I mean SOME call center reps have some information based on their contacts but they'd be crazy to share it.

That is all I am going to say.
    Yeah, ok, I'm sure...even though they're all in the same lowly rung of the ladder...

02-27-10 11:48 AM
    Hate it or love it people want the iphone just like some people want blackberrys...Good move Apple..Rim your up

02-27-10 07:08 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD