is anyone else having this problem? keeps saying "phone number validation" then it says " network error.... app has lost connection"

can someone help?? thanks
    02-07-11 02:16 PM
    is anyone else having this problem? keeps saying "phone number validation" then it says " network error.... app has lost connection"

can someone help?? thanks
    This happened to me. Don't fear. It can be fixed. The wonderful support at Verizon got it to work but the main thing is to be sure that you don't have WiFi on when doing this.

She had me turn off WiFi and then shut down the iPhone. Once it was turned back on, the contacts downloaded.

Just a "warning".... The iPhone alphabetizes in an odd way. Instead of going by the first letter of the first word it chooses the 2nd word. So, for example, Jones Animal Clinic is filed under "A".

BTW, I see in your info that you are a former Storm owner. Me, too. You won't miss it a bit. This phone is a ZILLION times better!!!
    02-07-11 03:16 PM

Just a "warning".... The iPhone alphabetizes in an odd way. Instead of going by the first letter of the first word it chooses the 2nd word. So, for example, Jones Animal Clinic is filed under "A".
    This is easily fixed. You have it sort by First Name, then make sure that the First Name field has only the word you want it to sort by.
    Rosebudster likes this.
    02-07-11 06:07 PM
    This happened to me. Don't fear. It can be fixed. The wonderful support at Verizon got it to work but the main thing is to be sure that you don't have WiFi on when doing this.

She had me turn off WiFi and then shut down the iPhone. Once it was turned back on, the contacts downloaded.

BTW, I see in your info that you are a former Storm owner. Me, too. You won't miss it a bit. This phone is a ZILLION times better!!!
    Thanks man, i finally got it to work and after reading your post i realized that was just it. Unfortunately the tech i spoke to didnt know how to fix the problem. so i had my wifi on in my apt and it wouldnt work so the tech told me to go to a store. So when i got outside i decided to try it again for sh*ts and giggs and it worked. Now i realize that was just it, wifi was off outside. Thanks man.

P.s. Phone is great, im not missing my storm for one second!
    02-08-11 07:14 AM
    hello this also happened on my mothers iphone. it was saying there was an error when trying to connect. all i did was a reset on the iphone (witch i prob should have done after activation of the phone) and then it worked instantly. just a heads up for anyone who reads this just try a restart before getting nervous it never hurts to try it first because it seams tech people with any courier has no clue how to help ahaha
    02-08-11 07:38 AM
    happened to me too, and i figured it was the wifi so i turned the wifi off and it worked immediately, i love the phone
    02-08-11 07:44 AM
    This is easily fixed. You have it sort by First Name, then make sure that the First Name field has only the word you want it to sort by.
    Thanks so much! Leave it to Apple to give us a choice. They are wonderful!!

For anyone doing this ... go to Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars>Contacts>Sort Order
    02-08-11 09:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD