If and when it happens i think it spells the end of the blackberry as a consumer device.
    There are still a lot of people that prefer a physical keypad.
    I prefer a physical keypad, but I'm always willing to try something new.
    Until the iPhone get Mass Storage Mode, AutoText, and the ability to run a Voice Navigation App I'll consider.
    06-29-10 04:59 PM
    yay, another rumor. I thought we would go a week withot one of these. You may want to stop posting links to different sites like it adds credibility. The source site says "unconfirmed source" and everyone else is preaching like its happening. The fact is these rumors are a dime a dozen and considering verizon has flat out said they have no interest in carrying the iphone 4 I'd say analysts need to stop predicting. I'm still trying to figure out what an analysts purpose is, to play a modern day Nostradamus? When it happens it happens, but not one of these "leaked" stories has had any truth to them.
    06-29-10 05:06 PM
    hmmm.......CDMA IPhones, very interesting
    06-29-10 05:11 PM
    This rumor just doesn't die. Bloomberg heard this from "two people familiar with the plans". Give me a break. I hope it does come out but it just doesn't make sense.

Why would Apple release this AFTER the holiday season?

Why would they release a phone 5 months before the next iPhone revision is supposed to come out? It just doesn't make any sense.
    06-29-10 06:10 PM
    If and when it happens i think it spells the end of the blackberry as a consumer device.
    Yes, of course! Because they only sell BB's on ATT and Verizon and only in the USA...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-10 06:12 PM
    06-29-10 06:28 PM
    06-29-10 06:29 PM
    fock yeah, i for one will....however if you've known anyone that has iphone, that ATT is horrible....prolly horrible enough to gtfo the att contract early
    AT&T is sooo horrible.. I hate em..can't wait to get away from them.. omg.. I'm like 12.. Verizon is my daddy.. Vote for Pe..Verizon!
    I PWN At&t.. I'm so cool!

I forgot
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 06-29-10 at 06:32 PM.
    06-29-10 06:29 PM
    I agree with some people. If it happens it happens. Does it really make a difference to alot of people? Im sure many people will leave AT&T and maybe the download for entertainment will go up from 4.2 to who knows 5-6 because it would definitely open up the congestion that AT&T suffers. But again its a rumor i remember people spreading the rumors that the ipad would be on verizon and only on verizon.

I think Verizon is now on board with Android. Tey are pushing the **** out of the droid lineups. Releasing the Droid X and Droid 2 this summer. They have made it to a point to where they attack the non-open software that the ios is. I would of loved the incredible or even the droid on AT&T but alas its only on verizon. I get great service with both. I can probably see the iphone on T-mobile though..
    06-29-10 07:32 PM
    twitter.com/ceoSteveJobs

Check that out. i'm not sure if its the real steve jobs guy but if it is, I think it proves that the iphone is coming out soon.
    06-30-10 12:40 AM
    twitter.com/ceoSteveJobs

Check that out. i'm not sure if its the real steve jobs guy but if it is, I think it proves that the iphone is coming out soon.
    Yes, it's a parody account. Aside from basing that on what I've seen him post over time, it's also in his bio.

I don't care what you think of me. You care what I think of you. Of course this is a parody account.

Not to mention that if Ashton Kutcher got up to 5 million followers simply for making bad movies, I'd think Steve Jobs would have more than 100,000 for being the founder of Apple.
    Last edited by PolishLogic; 06-30-10 at 12:53 AM.
    06-30-10 12:51 AM
    Yes, of course! Because they only sell BB's on ATT and Verizon and only in the USA...

No, but VZW does in fact account for 50% of RIM's US business.

from Bloomberg: "Wolf estimates that Verizon accounts for about 50 percent of BlackBerry sales in the U.S."

And the US is still 45% of RIM's business currently while the US' population is only 8% of the world's population. "The U.S. now accounts for 45 percent of BlackBerry shipments" (same article as above).

So they rely on the US for nearly HALF of their total business, and VZW at that for about 25% of their total business by the math. An iphone on VZW could really hurt RIM more so then on any other one carrier out there.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 06-30-10 at 12:59 AM.
    06-30-10 12:55 AM
    Would probably make the leap back to big red, if they do get iphone. Like the n1 service can be spotty with local carrier.
    06-30-10 04:46 AM
    Ummm.. I'm pretty sure AT&T has exclusive right till mid 2012....
    None of us know when that contract was signed and when it started. It was said that Apple and AT&T (then Cingular) came to agreement long before the phone was launched. I've seen 2006 as the year when they agreed. I've read in multiple places the phone was pitched to Verizon as early as 2005, as a concept of course. I don't know why its hard to think that the contract could have started before June 2007. Also none of us know if that contract has been re-negotiated at some point. And corporate contracts have all sorts of clauses and outs so anything is possible really.
    06-30-10 07:06 AM
    No, but VZW does in fact account for 50% of RIM's US business.

from Bloomberg: "Wolf estimates that Verizon accounts for about 50 percent of BlackBerry sales in the U.S."

And the US is still 45% of RIM's business currently while the US' population is only 8% of the world's population. "The U.S. now accounts for 45 percent of BlackBerry shipments" (same article as above).

So they rely on the US for nearly HALF of their total business, and VZW at that for about 25% of their total business by the math. An iphone on VZW could really hurt RIM more so then on any other one carrier out there.
    Yeah that would be a big dent...nice to see someone do some homework and state some relevant data other than just spew garbage...nice work

06-30-10 07:41 AM
    None of us know when that contract was signed and when it started. It was said that Apple and AT&T (then Cingular) came to agreement long before the phone was launched. I've seen 2006 as the year when they agreed. I've read in multiple places the phone was pitched to Verizon as early as 2005, as a concept of course. I don't know why its hard to think that the contract could have started before June 2007. Also none of us know if that contract has been re-negotiated at some point. And corporate contracts have all sorts of clauses and outs so anything is possible really.
    not sure why that would matter. a contractual agreement is usually from launch and on. If the contract was signed in 06 but the phone didnt come out until 07 they don't lose a year during manufacturing, research and development or marketing. Its based on how long the carrier gets to sell and use the handset
    06-30-10 07:46 AM
    fock yeah, i for one will....however if you've known anyone that has iphone, that ATT is horrible....prolly horrible enough to gtfo the att contract early
    Yeah and this is coming from a guy whose on Sprint I for one have had AT&T/ Cingular my whole time of having a cell phone and have great service. The fact is it gets congested depending upon where you live such as NYC... Love all the people who talk **** on AT&T who arent even there just cause you had a bad experience or know someone who has doesn't mean all of us at AT&T have this issue. I love AT&T and I don't plan to be switching to any other carrier
    Last edited by akmolin; 06-30-10 at 09:33 AM.
    06-30-10 08:31 AM
    06-30-10 09:34 AM
    Perfect response. Very nice article.

06-30-10 09:44 AM
    06-30-10 12:21 PM
    might want to stop looking at these articles, they are all from the same article which has no credibility

Verizon Wireless will start selling Apple's iPhone next year, ending AT&T's U.S. exclusive on the phone, say two people familiar with the plans.
    you can stop reading there
    06-30-10 12:39 PM
    not sure why that would matter. a contractual agreement is usually from launch and on. If the contract was signed in 06 but the phone didnt come out until 07 they don't lose a year during manufacturing, research and development or marketing. Its based on how long the carrier gets to sell and use the handset
    Thats just it, none of us knows when it started. When Jobs pitched the iPhone to Verizon and then Cingular, they didn't even have a prototype. It was just ideas and mockups. There are any number of reasons they could have signed the contract effective sometime in 2006 when coming to agreement Cingular would carry it when it was finished.

In between the time the product was pitched and agreement was made all the way up to launch any number of things could happen because there was no prototype or anything to go on, so both sides could have signed the agreement with starting date then to avoid any issues.
    06-30-10 01:35 PM
    What happens to AT&T when Verizon gets the iPhone? *Poof*?
    06-30-10 02:05 PM
    I'll believe it when I see it.

X-Files Fodder: the two sources familiar with the situation are actually plants from Verizon that have been put in place to thwart the momentum of the iPhone 4G launch. What better way to slow down the ATT/iPhone machine than to bait current Verizon customers with another rumor of an impending iPhone launch on Big Red.

Yeah right and the Russians (former Big Red) are our friends and would never spy on us either....

Back to our regularly scheduled programming....
    06-30-10 02:08 PM
    twitter.com/ceoSteveJobs

Apparently though you CAN email him and Ive heard he will answer, because they say he personally answers all of them. Which boggles the mind considering how many he probably gets. Good luck getting him to tell you anything about the iphone to Verizon though.
    06-30-10 02:26 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD