Hello everyone. Going to be switching to the Iphone 4 for VZW when it's available. Coming from a storm, let's just say that I cannot wait! I was talking to one of my friends, whose a rep at a local VZW store, and he said that people on the east coast cannot pre-order the IP4 until 3 AM (eastern time) on Thursday morning. He also said that people on the west coast can pre-order it beginning 12 AM Thursday (pacific time). I was wondering if anyone else has heard this? Anyone shed any insight? Thanks... And sorry if this question has been asked already.
    02-01-11 08:59 PM
    You realize that that's the same time, right?
    02-01-11 09:17 PM
    Yes, I do realize that they are the same times (btw I'm on the east coast). I was just wondering if anyone else has heard this?
    02-01-11 09:31 PM
    Yes, that is correct.
    02-01-11 09:46 PM
    Keep in mind that there will be a very limited quantity available for pre-order...
    02-01-11 10:32 PM
    Keep in mind that there will be a very limited quantity available for pre-order...
    There will be limited quantity but there is still a waiting list. Phones will be shipped depending on your place in line.
    02-02-11 12:11 AM
    200,000 available for 2/3 launch
    02-02-11 04:48 AM
    Yes, I do realize that they are the same times (btw I'm on the east coast). I was just wondering if anyone else has heard this?
    Yes, that's what the announcement has indicated from the beginning.
    02-02-11 06:10 AM
    200,000 available for 2/3 launch
    Source?

And at what point after 3am do we think they have taken enough orders to fill pre-order inventory? 3:15?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-11 07:30 AM
    told by a buddy of mine in corp,not a store that there will be 200,000 for online launch,after that they go on a list that will be filled accordingly as they come in,also on 2/10 stores will be in short supply for the 1st couple weeks.

I don't bank on anything i'm told even from friends so take this with a grain of salt.
    02-02-11 07:36 AM
    I am going to pre-order it from apple. the less money that i can give verizon the better. And i was in my local apple store this week, and they said they would have more in stock then any verizon store.(since the apple stores orders for more phone have priority over verizon) this is the same with atat also
    02-02-11 12:02 PM
    Will the AT&T store know the proper pricing based on contract date, which line it will apply to, etc....?

Or do they just check VZW's system to make sure your line is eligible......

Regarding ordering from VZW.....if they shoot you over to the apple site from their link, does the purchase hit your account, or is it a credit card purchase? Verizon has credited me about $120 worth of service and I would love my purchase to be on my VZW account to balance it out. But, whatever.....
    02-02-11 12:19 PM
    I think they're going by the turn of February 3rd on the pacific standard time. If they
    did it at the turn of the eastern time, people in the west and central would throw a
    huge hissy fit. It wouldn't be fair to say the least.
    02-02-11 12:31 PM
    Another piece of information,and this is only what i was told but not all markets are included with this online launch tomorrow am,what that means i have no idea???
    02-02-11 01:42 PM
    I think i would buy it from Apple, 30 days return vs 14 from Verizon
    02-02-11 02:36 PM
    I was seriously thinking about getting up later and getting the phone whenever....but I just remembered a good reason for me to get up to order at 3....

My primary reason is based on how VZW does the proration for data. They charge you for the days you use in your exisiting statement month plus one month ahead.

My statement date is the 12th/13th. If I waited until the 13th, then my bill will seem like two months worth of data. As long as I activate between the 10th-12th, I will just have a few days of data, plus the one month ahead, resulting in a fairly normal bill.

I hope that be preorder right at 3am (barring a system crash), I will receive the phone on the 10th or 11th.

Also, regarding ordering from Apple/VZW.....I just spoke with (what seemed to be) a very knowledgeable support rep. She said that if you order from Verizon, you will have the option of using credit card or, if a customer in good standing (her words), applying the phone to your account.

Question...I assume if you order from Apple, they hook into the Verizon systems to ask which line you are upgrading/purchasing for so that the correct cost is charged, right???
    02-02-11 02:42 PM
    I was seriously thinking about getting up later and getting the phone whenever....but I just remembered a good reason for me to get up to order at 3....

My primary reason is based on how VZW does the proration for data. They charge you for the days you use in your exisiting statement month plus one month ahead.

My statement date is the 12th/13th. If I waited until the 13th, then my bill will seem like two months worth of data. As long as I activate between the 10th-12th, I will just have a few days of data, plus the one month ahead, resulting in a fairly normal bill.

I hope that be preorder right at 3am (barring a system crash), I will receive the phone on the 10th or 11th.

Also, regarding ordering from Apple/VZW.....I just spoke with (what seemed to be) a very knowledgeable support rep. She said that if you order from Verizon, you will have the option of using credit card or, if a customer in good standing (her words), applying the phone to your account.

Question...I assume if you order from Apple, they hook into the Verizon systems to ask which line you are upgrading/purchasing for so that the correct cost is charged, right???
    yeah, when talking to the apple rep if you are eligible for an upgrade on your two year contract you will be able to get the 2 year contract price.
    02-02-11 03:11 PM
    Even VZW's site says this

iPhone 4. Verizon. It begins.
    02-02-11 03:53 PM
    So has anyone waiting to order? I'm online now @ Verizon and when you click on the iphone get started link it just kinda hangs there waiting on live support. Am I holding a place in line or is it useless lol. Guess we'll see!
    02-03-11 01:37 AM
    So has anyone waiting to order? I'm online now @ Verizon and when you click on the iphone get started link it just kinda hangs there waiting on live support. Am I holding a place in line or is it useless lol. Guess we'll see!
    I'm here...logged non and signed in to my verizon...waiting...

02-03-11 01:46 AM
    I'm here...logged non and signed in to my verizon...waiting...

You getting the same results? Dark screen . . . just pending? Gawd, I can't wait to get rid of my death-trap-crap-berry lol. I shouldn't be so mean though, it was my first and only smart phone till it got overwhelmed with every day functions like operating, lol
    02-03-11 01:50 AM
    It's live...go get 'em boys and girls...lol!
    02-03-11 01:56 AM
    There is no option for overnight.
    02-03-11 01:59 AM
    It's live...go get 'em boys and girls...lol!
    Yeah...surprised VZW's system opened a few minutes early...

Delivery estimate = Feb 10. They will be using Fedex. Though, with the weather, I could see a tiny delay.....
    02-03-11 02:05 AM
    I was able to pre-order mine about 15 minutes before 3am for some reason, not complaining about it though.

Little confused about this above quote. Why would there bean overnight option? They don't get delivered until the 10th, this is just a pre-order.
    02-03-11 02:06 AM
114 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD