Does anyone know when Verizon will come out with an update for phone & data simultaneous.

thanks
    04-06-11 01:58 PM
    Isn't the 4G LTE network solving this issue? I wonder what nonsense AT&T will try to hang their hat on then?
    04-06-11 02:04 PM
    LTE phones will do this.
    04-06-11 02:25 PM
    In the meantime you can use simultaneous voice and data if you're connected to WiFi.
    04-06-11 02:36 PM
    when i spoke to tech support about a month ago,they told me it was being worked on but had no date for an update.
    04-06-11 02:38 PM
    when i spoke to tech support about a month ago,they told me it was being worked on but had no date for an update.
    It's impossible for simultaneous voice and data on CDMA. They just say things to say things sometimes.
    04-06-11 02:57 PM
    It's impossible for simultaneous voice and data on CDMA. They just say things to say things sometimes.
    I didn't know that,i was told the opposite. thanks
    04-06-11 03:33 PM
    It actually is possible but Verizon just has to implement the solution to the existing network. So what it does is allow the 1X access voice while the EVDO accesses the data. Verizon just has to update their network. So it actually is possible to do so without LTE or Wifi. It's just impossible on VZW right now because they haven't updated their network but not because the technology doesn't exist.

Verizon working on simultaneous voice and data for CDMA - FierceWireless

CDMA Technology Advancing, Simultaneous Voice & Data Usage Coming Soon
    04-06-11 04:31 PM
    I'm doing it right now.

Sent screaming from my ThunderBolt at 4G speeds.
    04-06-11 04:32 PM
    I'm doing it right now.

You're doing it on LTE.
    04-06-11 04:35 PM
    You're doing it on LTE.
    I'm currently not in an LTE area.

04-06-11 04:37 PM

Well you're on Wifi or something because right now, a Verizon phone that doesn't have LTE cannot access both voice and data. I don't care what you say
    04-06-11 04:38 PM
    Well you're on Wifi or something because right now, a Verizon phone that doesn't have LTE cannot access both voice and data. I don't care what you say
    Would you care to wager that?

04-06-11 04:39 PM
    Would you care to wager that?

Yes I would. You're the only one in the US that can use both voice and data at the same time without LTE or wifi. Either that or the reports a while ago about the TBolt being able to have that functionality are true. I have the TBolt right now and it doesn't seem to work for me (I'll test it out because I don't use voice much to actually notice). If it does they much have included the SVDO functionality from the articles above. But I know for Verizon as a network it doesn't work at the this point in time.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 04-06-11 at 04:51 PM.
    04-06-11 04:42 PM
    I'm doing it right now.

Congratulations.
    04-06-11 04:43 PM
    I'm surprised at the debate over this non-issue. Simultaneous voice and data on Verizon is possible, it's out now, and it works. It's a fact, there's nothing to debate. It's not just on LTE. It's the new hybrid network eHPRD technology. The Thunderbolt is the only phone on vzw that has it. It was even shown on the list of sales/tech features that vzw rolled out to employees before the TB launch. Had a TB for about a week. My house is not even within 50 miles of an LTE tower and on 3G, I was able to surf, email and do anything else with data while on a call. Turned off wifi and unplugged my router just to be 100% certain I was not on wifi.

It works, there should be no more debate about it. It would be like debating that Obama is the first black president of the United States. Fact is fact.
    04-07-11 09:49 AM
    HTC Thunderbolt: First Verizon Phone to Feature Simultaneous Voice & Data

http://www.vzbuzz.com/2011/02/htc-th...oice-and-data/

Excerpt from cnet:
    The good: The HTC Thunderbolt offers incredibly fast 4G data speeds. The Android 2.2 smartphone also supports simultaneous voice and data over 3G and boasts a large 4.3-inch touch screen, ample storage, and an excellent camera.

Read more: HTC Thunderbolt Review - Watch CNET's Video Review

video demos:

04-07-11 09:55 AM
    I'm surprised at the debate over this non-issue. Simultaneous voice and data on Verizon is possible, it's out now, and it works. It's a fact, there's nothing to debate. It's not just on LTE. It's the new hybrid network eHPRD technology. The Thunderbolt is the only phone on vzw that has it. It was even shown on the list of sales/tech features that vzw rolled out to employees before the TB launch. Had a TB for about a week. My house is not even within 50 miles of an LTE tower and on 3G, I was able to surf, email and do anything else with data while on a call. Turned off wifi and unplugged my router just to be 100% certain I was not on wifi.

It works, there should be no more debate about it. It would be like debating that Obama is the first black president of the United States. Fact is fact.
    Obviously, everyone did not know this because it's not like it was a huge announcement about it. So you may want to calm down a little. And thanks for actually providing the proof rather than just making a claim without providing the proof. I did remember reading that the TBolt may have SVDO enabled but I didn't remember reading anything else about it. But thanks again.
    04-08-11 07:19 PM
    Probably when they start rolling out LTE phones...

Sent from my Verizon iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    04-08-11 11:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD