Fox News: Apple in Talks With AT&T for iTablet, Verizon for iTablet and iPhone
    http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2010/01...tablet-iphone/
    01-22-10 12:47 AM
    [QUOTE=stuaw11;4537188]50 million? What fantasy do you live in? Last time I checked they had about 29 million on contract CDMA customers, the rest are IDEN and prepay (Boost) and they dont sell iphones on any prepay.

EVEN IF they sell iphones to 10% of the customers on the carrier, thats under 3 million iphones total- what ATT sold in a week.

What else does Sprint have to offer Apple? They certainly have no money to put out there after WIMAX and the Palm exclusivity when bleeding customers. They certainly cant offer the same cut of their plans to Apple which ATT gives them. What do you honestly think the profit margin is already on a $59 plan with 500 min, unlim texts, data, tv, gps, etc is? Certainly MUCH lower than what VZW/ATT can offer at a min $90 for the same.

Sprint is also using a niche 4G technology in the US when all of the other carriers are going LTE this/next year. Why make a phone to sell to the 250,000 people who actually use WIMAX?

You can keep thinking what is erroneous, but your one-track thinking is the only thing that is erroneous because its ultimately THEIR decision what to invest in. If what you said was true then VZW and Sprint would share the same phone lineup, but thats not reality. Certain manufactures want to deal with certain carriers and form partnerships. Just because theyre both CDMA means nothing in the scheme of it all

Either way making an EVDO-only iphone makes no sense at this point. They mine as well wait for LTE and a 2011 launch because people wont be happy having a 3 month old iphone thats is EVDO-only when LTE rolls out later this year.[/QUOTE]

If I do remember correctly the first iPhone was on edge only... I could be wrong since I have never owned one, however I read a post from a person on here that stated he worked for ATT on the network side of things and stated that they released it with edge, only to come out with the 3g iPhone about a year later.

So with your logic of it not making sense, then ATT wouldn't have done it and basically cornered the market with those 3 million iPhone sales in a week.
    01-22-10 10:36 AM
    According to my local news paper The Star-Ledger. Apple MAY offer its iPhone through Verizon Wireless this year. The phone would be introduced in June.
    01-22-10 11:04 AM
    I hope Verizon doesnt get that Icrap... the Iphone besides being on a crapper carrier right now (AT&T) the Iphone itself is very buggy and a POS. Then when you do have problems with the Iphone, you have to go to an Apple Store which you have to call a head to make room for you as there so booked with many other problems with there phone that it could take up to a couple days before your even allowed for them to look at your phone.

apple and AT&T can keep that crap over on AT&T since that garbage goes hand in hand
    Lol have you tried any phone on verizon, I just switched to an iPhone not one bug on here. If you consider multitasking a bug then I gess your right.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-10 01:32 PM
    My brother works at Best Buy and they just got a skew number and a release date of June 18 for the Iphone 12gb Lite. They are priced at $499.99 with 2 year contract. There is also another Skew for a 16gb Iphone for $599.99
    01-22-10 07:10 PM
    60 for / 40 against, whatever the case the iphone will be better on at&t than verilock.
    plzzz come
    01-22-10 09:03 PM
    My brother works at Best Buy and they just got a skew number and a release date of June 18 for the Iphone 12gb Lite. They are priced at $499.99 with 2 year contract. There is also another Skew for a 16gb Iphone for $599.99
    Picture or it's false

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-10 09:58 PM
    LOL ......$499/$599 with 2 year contract. and it's SKU not skew
    01-22-10 10:06 PM
    I think the only thing skew(ed) is his story...
    01-22-10 10:51 PM
    Here is the scenario - Verizon does get the iPhone 12gb "Lite".

Code word "Lite" = Verizolock = less features = useless for a $499 subsidized phone.. wow, not to mention the inability for simultaneous voice and data. Apple think this through.. mind share would go down the toilet.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 01-23-10 at 09:55 AM.
    01-23-10 09:53 AM
    Apple would really have to add something significantly extra to a CDMA version of the iPhone, because I can see Verizon users crying "Why can't my iPhone do everything AT&Ts iPhone can do" because of the big push on simultaneous voice and data.
    01-23-10 01:50 PM
    Cool, all the posts were deleted. Back on topic.
    01-23-10 02:25 PM
    I can see verizon getting the iPhone, they have got a lot of the market, just like Bell in Canada they had slim picks, and now they have a lot more phones available.
    01-23-10 11:20 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD