hey first of all thanks in advance im kinda new year, but i just wanted to conform if the information or rumors i here are true.

so the verzion iphone is coming out next month since verzion and sprint run on the same network. will a verizon iphone work on sprint that is after being unlocked? again thank you
    01-26-11 04:21 PM
    Don't expect an unlock anytime soon. It will most likely have an even newer baseband. Alot of people are waiting for a baseband unlock from a while ago. I have a baseband 2.10.4 which still isn't unlocked. There is an even newer one for people that upgraded to 4.2 iOS. When 4.3 is out with Verizon there will be an even newer one to unlock. Won't be for a while bud.
    01-26-11 05:04 PM
    CDMA is not like GSM, a VZW iphone will not work on Sprint
    Last edited by howarmat; 01-27-11 at 03:54 PM.
    01-26-11 05:17 PM
    Verizon's agreement with Apple is non-exclusive. I would imagine that at some point you will see a Sprint iPhone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-11 03:54 PM
    will a verizon iphone work on sprint that is after being unlocked? again thank you
    You can't unlock a CDMA phone.

A Verizon iPhone or any Verizon device will never work on Sprint's network

End of thread.
    01-27-11 07:50 PM
    Cellular South in Mississippi is CDMA. Can I get the Verizon iPhone to work on that network?
    01-28-11 10:27 AM
    Actually, CDMA phones can be flashed to work on each others network. It can be done technically speaking. Right now if Sprint wanted to they could activate a Verizon blackberry but their stance as well as VZW is not to activate a phone with another carrier's branding on it. They can add the ESN to their system is they really want to. Having said that, I don't think it would happen with the iPhone for a while. First an unlock and flash would have to be made available and then Sprint would have to agree to activate it for their network.

Here's the thing. In the past Sprint would never activate a VZW phone. But would they ever change their mind and consider it for the iPhone if it means them keeping customers on their network or even stealing VZW customers? The iPhone is probably the only phone that carriers would change their rules for because of the amount of customers it could bring. Even TMO sells iPhone accessories in their stores.

At the end of the day, technically it's possible but I doubt it will happen, especially any time soon.
    01-28-11 02:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD