04-13-10 03:06 PM
    Another iPhone to VZW thread. And the article offers no substance whatsoever.
    04-13-10 03:26 PM
    dunno... saw a corp communication from work (multinational) about iphone being tested with verizon and my corp may drop all other carriers and just keep verizon.
    04-13-10 04:35 PM
    I just don't get it.. people try and try and try again to walk on water and they still sink. Tomorrow I bet someone else will try to walk on water.
    04-13-10 05:19 PM
    The verizon iphone is in testing ....
    04-13-10 08:57 PM
    Once the iPhone comes to Verizon, AT&T is done.....
    04-13-10 09:00 PM
    How's that exactly?
    04-13-10 09:29 PM

Proof please.
    04-13-10 11:39 PM
    You mean IF, the iPhone comes to VZW. So funny that people talk like it is a sure thing when nothing has been said by either Apple or VZW.
    04-13-10 11:40 PM
    You mean IF, the iPhone comes to VZW. So funny that people talk like it is a sure thing when nothing has been said by either Apple or VZW.
    You make it sound like the iPhone going to another carrier is such a major universe turned upside down thing. For ages now phones have been released on other carriers or overseas and eventually those phones migrated to the US and on to different carriers. The fact that you guys make this iPhone on Verizon deal such a monumental event is beyond me. There is no way you can convince me that once any legal/contractual obligations are fully met Steve Jobs simply would turn down Verizon because he hates their current company logo or something like that, and turn down the opportunity for Apple to make a gazillion more dollars and send the company stock higher and higher.

On top of all that The Wall Street Journal is one of the most respected and top business papers out there, and if they are reporting that the chances of the iPhone on Verizon are very good in a relatively short period of time I am inclined to believe them.
    04-14-10 12:21 AM
    You make it sound like the iPhone going to another carrier is such a major universe turned upside down thing. For ages now phones have been released on other carriers or overseas and eventually those phones migrated to the US and on to different carriers. The fact that you guys make this iPhone on Verizon deal such a monumental event is beyond me. There is no way you can convince me that once any legal/contractual obligations are fully met Steve Jobs simply would turn down Verizon because he hates their current company logo or something like that, and turn down the opportunity for Apple to make a gazillion more dollars and send the company stock higher and higher.

On top of all that The Wall Street Journal is one of the most respected and top business papers out there, and if they are reporting that the chances of the iPhone on Verizon are very good in a relatively short period of time I am inclined to believe them.

Seems to me.. that VZW turned Apple down on the 2G original iPhone... It wouldn't surprise anyone to see Jobs hold a grudge... He has always done what he thought was what best for Apple... not what was best for VZW or even ATT...

All I have to say is.. when there is proof... I keep hearing rumors from family members and friends at VZW and Sprint both... when there is some proof.... Then I'll listen...

And I thought this was the iPhone forum part here ? when all you VZW BB users can show proof of a VZW iPhone then come here and post about it's coming all you want.. but frankly until I see proof I don't care lol.... Even if I did.. I still don't care lol

Sorry all.. I'm sure I speak for most of us on the constant every other day VZW iPhone post lol
    Last edited by cleverocks22; 04-14-10 at 12:43 AM.
    04-14-10 12:35 AM
    Seems to me.. that VZW turned Apple down on the 2G original iPhone... It wouldn't surprise anyone to see Jobs hold a grudge... He has always done what he thought was what best for Apple... not what was best for VZW or even ATT...

All I have to say is.. when there is proof... I keep hearing rumors from family members and friends at VZW and Sprint both... when there is some proof.... Then I'll listen...

And I thought this was the iPhone forum part here ? when all you VZW BB users can show proof of a VZW iPhone then come here and post about it's coming all you want.. but frankly until I see proof I don't care lol.... Even if I did.. I still don't care lol

Sorry all.. I'm sure I speak for most of us on the constant every other day VZW iPhone post lol
    That's just ridiculous as any good business man wouldn't let a "grudge" stand in the way of business. So I'm asking you is Steve Jobs a business man with the performance of his company Apple on his mind or is he holding a "grudge" against Verizon? Secondly Steve Jobs could care less about AT&T. As long as the AT&T deal with Apple is still a good one and makes money for Apple Jobs will smile.

And the only proof anyone needs right now is the Wall Street Journal.

Again I don't know why both sides of this, AT&T and current iPhone users and Verizon hopeful iPhone owners keep soiling themselves in this argument. I posted an article that wasn't posted on this forum rightfully as it had to do with the iPhone. Just like on the Blackberry forums when another Blackberry is coming out and someone posts about it in a Blackberry forum no one gets upset. I mean how dare they? Another Blackberry on another carrier!? The iPhone on Verizon!? Preposterous! Only when pigs fly shall that happen!
    Last edited by Mr. Marco; 04-14-10 at 11:11 AM.
    04-14-10 11:07 AM
    Because its the same BS a different year.

How many rumors flew last summer about oh ATTs contract is over VZW iphone coming this June, and iphone nano with pics of cases/accessories, etc etc. The media was SO SURE about all these rumors too

News media, even the WSJ, doesnt know ISHT! They have ZERO credible info beyond the rumors that fly around that we see too.

It gets old every day a new OMFG VZW/Sprint/Tmo IS GETTING THE IPHONE thread clogging up the forum. There are NO LESS than 7 iphone on this or that carrier threads on the first 2 pages of this subforum!!!!

Furthermore, testing/a proof of concept doesnt necessarily mean its beig released or anytime soon. Im originally from the Detroit area and I cant tell you how many cars Ive seen at the GM Proving Grounds that never saw the light of day. Building or testing something doesnt guarantee it makes it to market. Nor does it mean that VZW/Apple have even reached a deal. Apple could jsut be tinkering if it is even possible to do a CDMA phone the way that theyd want it. I HIGHLY doubt they go to the negotiating table not knowing if the things would even work in the real world without tinkering with a few. This could also just be faked data. There are a lot of possibilities other than jumping to a conclusion based on little to no info.

When it comes/announced, or there's some DEFINITE CREDIBLE INFO, then post something.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 04-14-10 at 11:38 AM.
    04-14-10 11:23 AM
    I just don't get it.. people try and try and try again to walk on water and they still sink. Tomorrow I bet someone else will try to walk on water.
    Would you like a video of my stroll over the Potomac this morning?
    04-14-10 11:39 AM
    the greatest thing in the world would be another one of those "Big Red" parody commercials, but this time with the iPhone as a piece of chewing gum
    04-14-10 11:52 AM
    How's that exactly?
    if vzw does get iphones many future iphone consumers arent just limited to at&t's network and considering a mass amount of at&t consumers went with at&t for the iphones it would hurt there market, and a good amount of current at&t iphone users would probably switch over to VZW for the better coverage, Atleast around in my area they would, or various other reasons.
    04-14-10 12:05 PM
    pre-production testing
    04-14-10 12:13 PM
    Didn't they say this last year? They suspected a CDMA iPhone out for testing. The rumors never stop.
    04-14-10 01:08 PM
    Just read this whole thread....

LOL @ All of the AT&T fangirls in this thread. The OP certainly has a point. The Wall Street Journal has been on this rumor and they're very reliable. On top of that, this is the year AT&T loses partnership with Apple. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see the iPhone land on Verizon. ****, I'm almost certain it is coming to Verizon this summer. And when it does, I'm selling my current iPhone, canceling my AT&T contract and getting a Verizon iPhone to keep with my Droid.

Let's face it. Verizon is a better carrier than AT&T and Jobs knows it. He could care less about AT&T or Verizon turning down the iPhone. This is about business not some stupid "revenge deal" lol. The guy is a businessman. Verizon sees how much the iPhone brought up AT&T and they know if it's released on their carrier, they'll dominate the US.

Verizon = Best 3G coverage, fast & reliable, with great Customer Service
    AT&T = Crappy 3G coverage, fast but not reliable, with ****ty Customer Service

Oh yeah, Jobs really wants to kick Verizon to the curve and stick with a carrier that's crippling down.

Don't get me wrong. I have yet to have problems with AT&T but their 3G network is crap compared to Verizon's.
    04-14-10 02:02 PM
    spoken like a tru vZW fanboy
    04-14-10 02:25 PM
    That's just ridiculous as any good business man wouldn't let a "grudge" stand in the way of business. So I'm asking you is Steve Jobs a business man with the performance of his company Apple on his mind or is he holding a "grudge" against Verizon? Secondly Steve Jobs could care less about AT&T. As long as the AT&T deal with Apple is still a good one and makes money for Apple Jobs will smile.

And the only proof anyone needs right now is the Wall Street Journal.

Again I don't know why both sides of this, AT&T and current iPhone users and Verizon hopeful iPhone owners keep soiling themselves in this argument. I posted an article that wasn't posted on this forum rightfully as it had to do with the iPhone. Just like on the Blackberry forums when another Blackberry is coming out and someone posts about it in a Blackberry forum no one gets upset. I mean how dare they? Another Blackberry on another carrier!? The iPhone on Verizon!? Preposterous! Only when pigs fly shall that happen!
    That's like saying Pontiac will come back by looking at GM in the WSJ... Its a nice thought but until there is proof be either by Apple or VZW confirming it, I wont hold my breath
    04-14-10 02:28 PM
    spoken like a tru vZW fanboy
    Oh yeah! I'm a fanboy because I speak the truth. I have both Verizon and AT&T so tell me how I'm a fanboy. Like I said, I have no problems with AT&T, hence why I continue to use their service. But when it comes to Verizon, AT&T is definitely in second place. Sorry but it's true.

Honestly. Just because it hasn't happened yet AT&T fanboys are telling people it won't happen. This is the year people have been talking about. 2010, the year AT&T loses exclusiveness to the iPhone.

Man, I'm gonna laugh so hard this summer.
    Last edited by killswitchX13; 04-14-10 at 02:31 PM.
    04-14-10 02:29 PM
    Well we can tell we've got a noob here... lol nothing like stating the obvious
    04-14-10 02:49 PM
    Another tiny,faint blip on my radar.
    04-14-10 03:23 PM
    i saw that article yesterday and i think it was BGR that said it could be that people are using verizon internet over a wifi connection with iphones or something, dont kill me on that, just what i think i saw
    04-14-10 03:41 PM
78 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD