It's finally here folks! The iPhone for Verizon! Available early next month.

Peace out all you nasty AT&T fans that talked so much smack!
    01-11-11 10:11 AM
    Good greif. Now I hope people will leave to free up the network! You can have them!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    pri79269 likes this.
    01-11-11 10:25 AM
    Did they make mention on if there is an upgrade/promotional strategy for existing verizon customers. It will really be irritating if they don't have some kind of promotion like At&t had when they got the iPhone 4.
    01-11-11 10:40 AM
    Did they make mention on if there is an upgrade/promotional strategy for existing verizon customers. It will really be irritating if they don't have some kind of promotion like At&t had when they got the iPhone 4.
    I just went to the Apple site, and clicked on the "check to see if you qualify" button. I do, but since I used my upgrade to get my Droid X when it first came out, I don't get any kind of promotion pricing. Aside from liking my X, I can't see paying 500 bucks for this thing.

But I'm confused here. It says the iPhone4 is the device. The VZW site points to the Apple site for more info on the iPhone4, and that's not a CDMA device. How can that be?

EDIT: It IS a CDMA device. Apple hasn't updated their site for that yet.
    Last edited by lockerc18; 01-11-11 at 10:58 AM.
    01-11-11 10:49 AM
    Don't know that yet, but I am seeing that AT&T is hiking termination fees up to like $325 to combat this.

Also, Verizon is still on the $30 unlimited data plan, but since most AT&T customers are already grandfathered into that, they won't notice or mind.

I'd be pretty confident if you are on Verizon that they'll find ways to re-up your plan for an extended 2 years and the $199 base price. Man, this news has been rumored and talked about so long, but now that it's here, I still feel like people are underestimating how significant it is. The internet and word-of-mouth has made average consumers so much more sophisticated than they used to be. 5 years ago, you could openly debate which carriers had the best service...the saturation of the iPhone made AT&T a TON of money, but it also EXPOSED the crappiness of their network for everyone to see (and yes, I'm on AT&T). If iPhones "work" on Verizon CDMA (and soon on 4G LTE), what will be the argument for ever going back to AT&T?
    01-11-11 10:53 AM
    Apple/iOS/iPhone is showing in the VZW shop for phones section, but currently greyed out and not yet accessible.
    01-11-11 11:02 AM
    Good greif. Now I hope people will leave to free up the network! You can have them!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    My thoughts exactly! I use both the ip4 (personal) and the Torch (work). I can't wait for all the AT&T dissatisfied customers to leave and free up the network. I also think the competition is good and maybe we'll see some rate reductions as a result. Even if we don't, I couldn't imagine jumping ship and not having the option to return emails or send documents WHILE talking on the phone. I'm way to much of a multitasking junkie to walk away from that.

Congrats Verizon & any BB convert! Dispite the naysayers, you will love the iphone. It is truly a great device.
    01-11-11 11:31 AM
    Don't know that yet, but I am seeing that AT&T is hiking termination fees up to like $325 to combat this.

Also, Verizon is still on the $30 unlimited data plan, but since most AT&T customers are already grandfathered into that, they won't notice or mind.

I'd be pretty confident if you are on Verizon that they'll find ways to re-up your plan for an extended 2 years and the $199 base price. Man, this news has been rumored and talked about so long, but now that it's here, I still feel like people are underestimating how significant it is. The internet and word-of-mouth has made average consumers so much more sophisticated than they used to be. 5 years ago, you could openly debate which carriers had the best service...the saturation of the iPhone made AT&T a TON of money, but it also EXPOSED the crappiness of their network for everyone to see (and yes, I'm on AT&T). If iPhones "work" on Verizon CDMA (and soon on 4G LTE), what will be the argument for ever going back to AT&T?
    it's been that way for over a year
    01-11-11 12:12 PM
    When the iPhone 5 is released in July I will laugh. Unless Apple doesn't give the iPhone 5 to VZW until next Feb.
    01-11-11 12:22 PM
    I'm curious as to see how the iPhone 5 launch will work, both in July or July for ATT and Feb 12 for VZW... this is gonna get interesting lol
    01-11-11 12:58 PM
    vzn also has a new $15 a month limited data plan, fyi...
    01-11-11 01:18 PM
    I'm curious as to see how the iPhone 5 launch will work, both in July or July for ATT and Feb 12 for VZW... this is gonna get interesting lol
    Hopefully they release at the same time. I'm sure a lot of people would be mad if they had to have an older iPhone while AT&T got the new one first.
    01-11-11 01:19 PM
    Idk if they will or not, wouldn't seem like they would release a cdma iphone just to release a i5 version in july... it wouldn't surprise me to see att get theirs in July and big red get theirs in Feb, we all know apple will do what apple wants lol
    01-11-11 01:24 PM
    oh and also i went on the verizon website on they sais the iphone is running on 3g network theres no point in switching at all
    01-11-11 01:26 PM
    My hate for big red has been well documented lol i've been that horse to death... I can't wait to see if 12 million iphone users on their network gives them headaches
    01-11-11 01:32 PM
    Idk if they will or not, wouldn't seem like they would release a cdma iphone just to release a i5 version in july... it wouldn't surprise me to see att get theirs in July and big red get theirs in Feb, we all know apple will do what apple wants lol
    I know Apple will do one they want, but I can see them breaking their "1 release per year" plan just to keep VZW customers up to date. We'll have to wait and see.
    01-11-11 01:36 PM
    Big red isnt moving eligibilty dates for the iphone. Under their iphone faq it says will there be early upgrades and it flat out says no
    01-11-11 02:08 PM
    I think Apple will release the iPhone 5 in June/July for both. I won't be switching for dial up speeds and the inability to talk and surf at the same time anytime soon though.
    pri79269 likes this.
    01-11-11 02:26 PM
    I think Apple will release the iPhone 5 in June/July for both. I won't be switching for dial up speeds and the inability to talk and surf at the same time anytime soon though.
    I think they will do that as well. I doubt the iPhone 5 will be LTE capable, but there is a chance.
    01-11-11 02:49 PM
    If Apple is smart, and yes they are... they will release ONE device with some sort of dual band CDMA/GSM variant. It will keep costs down while exponentially keeping profits high.
    01-11-11 03:06 PM
    that would be the dumbset thing ever of apple and u to think of something so stupid of a cross phone
    01-11-11 03:19 PM
    I lowkey want an iPhone 4 .
    01-11-11 03:32 PM
    If Apple is smart, and yes they are... they will release ONE device with some sort of dual band CDMA/GSM variant. It will keep costs down while exponentially keeping profits high.
    That it what I am thinking. Apple will keep the 1 release per year model. 1 release in general, not one release for GSM at one time and CDMA at another.
    01-11-11 06:57 PM
    Hello, evenso verzion is not available here, I just read that analysis perdict that verizon will sell five to ten million units in 12 months. I wonder how many those will be current costumers upgrading.
    01-11-11 07:31 PM
    Yep, I'm gonna replace my Storm and move away from Blackberry's for the verizon iphone and then if the iphone 5 turns out to have the ability to use CDMA, GSM and LTE (which I expect it would be the plan to make it easier to manufacture without having to run production for multiple carrier types) then I will wait until the big rush is done with and then pay full price for the iphone 5 or if it doesn't have LTE then I will wait until they issue one that does.

Of course this is all presuming that LTE happens to be rolled out in my area at that time! If it is not available then there is no point in purchasing one that does for those occasional visits to areas that do have LTE active.

At this time LTE is not active in my locality.

I did have plans if they didn't launch the iphone on verizon in February to switch to AT&T but it worries you when go past their store and they only have one sales person and no customers in an AT&T Corporate store.

It would be interesting for someone to make a poll to see what breakdown of people would

1. Already a verizon customer and will update to iphone now
    2. Already a verizon customer and will wait until the iphone 5 is launched
    3. A customer from a non-verizon network planning to switch to verizon and update to iphone.
    4. An AT&T customer with an iphone willing to switch networks immediately.
    5. An AT&T customer with an iphone planning to wait for an LTE phone to launch.
    6. A customer from a non-verizon non-AT&T network planning to switch to verizon for an LTE I-phone

Of there are options that could be available for those not wishing to switch at all but the count of those are not really relevant to the verizon iphone and LTE.
    01-11-11 08:23 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD