What does it tell us when so many bloggers and customers be it Verizon or AT&T clammer and salivate that the Verizon iPhone was coming November 9 and it's really the Moto Droid "Pro"....

It doesn't bode well for Android, that's what I say.

11-04-10 08:31 AM
    First of all, do we really need another Verizon iPhone thread?

Secondly, what bloggers and customers were saying the iPhone was coming in November? Got any links? I've sort of been following some of the Verizon iPhone rumors because my mom wants one very badly, I couldn't care less if it does, I despise Apple, but I've never seen or heard anyone say the iPhone is coming to Verizon in November. Everything I've seen has been that's it's coming in January.

Now I know the Droid Pro was to be expected sometime before the end of the year, but definitely not the iPhone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-10 08:54 AM
    It's not happening until at least next year. Can we please ban the next person who posts another thread like this??
    11-04-10 10:28 AM
    I had never heard Nov 9 for the iPhone either. January seems to be what most people are saying...including a couple who have had good info in the past. So, I'm fairly confident in January/February'ish.
    11-04-10 02:51 PM
    The more they float that rumor, the more people hold off going to ATT for an iPhone...
    11-04-10 02:55 PM
    10 characters
    Last edited by CASH; 11-05-10 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Damn double postings. :)
    11-05-10 04:43 PM
    Whomever interpreted "iconic device" as the iPhone is very stupid. I can understand think theoretically and hypothetically, and writing a misleading blog title to get people's attention (CB does it all the time), but anyone who knows anything should know the VZW iPhone is not coming until next year.
    11-05-10 04:49 PM
    At least we have all moved on and are now accepting the iPhone to hit Verizon in 2011. I remember all the hardcore AT&T lovers shooting down any thought or rumor of iPhone on Verizon until 2013 or something like that.

Also yeah I never heard of Verizon iPhone on November 9th either. I only ever heard January 2011 or early 2011.
    11-05-10 05:09 PM
    Well, people are usually like that. We'll see about that.
    11-06-10 09:36 AM
    What doesn't bode well for Android? I don't get it. The Droid Pro will still sell. It has something the iPhone does not, a physical keyboard. It is marketed towards people who want a physical keyboard, business users and users who need global roaming. We don't know if the VZW iPhone will have global abilities. Everything about the VZW iPhone is still speculation.
    11-06-10 09:51 AM
    What doesn't bode well for Android? I don't get it. The Droid Pro will still sell. It has something the iPhone does not, a physical keyboard. It is marketed towards people who want a physical keyboard, business users and users who need global roaming. We don't know if the VZW iPhone will have global abilities. Everything about the VZW iPhone is still speculation.
    The iPhone is the most anticipated phone anything Verizon could have, that is what doesn't bode well for Android; you simply cannot deny that. So much anticipation that it's years in the making. You have never heard such clammer for any Android device.

Did Verizon or Apple state the iPhone was coming 2011 somewhere?

I'm just thinking such anticipation is due to hardcore Verizon customers whom normally would get the iPhone but settle for an Android phone, but when the iPhone does come I would think many would switch in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 11-06-10 at 11:11 AM.
    11-06-10 11:05 AM
    The iPhone is the most anticipated phone anything Verizon could have, that is what doesn't bode well for Android; you simply cannot deny that. So much anticipation that it's years in the making. You have never heard such clammer for any Android device.

I'm just thinking such anticipation is due to hardcore Verizon customers whom normally would get the iPhone but settle for an Android phone, but when the iPhone does come I would think many would switch in a heartbeat.
    I never denied that the iPhone will be a huge success, but so will Android. It is totally different. There are many things Android can do stock, that the iPhone cannot. A ton of consumers are starting to realize this, and the Droid branding gets bigger and bigger. Android is known very well now, not as much as the iPhone, but it is out there. There no single Android device that has as much anticipation because Android is not on ONE device. The iPhone is highly anticipated because it is ONE device. If iOS was on other smartphones, it would be a different story. The Galaxy S line is selling extremely well around the world, and the DROID line sells well in the US. But these are multiple devices.

Apple and Verizon haven't stated anything about a VZW iPhone. The January/early 2011 release is still BS unless Apple or Verizon confirm this.

You make it sound like "settling" for an Android device is a bad thing. I am sure many will switch, but I'm sure more will stay.
    11-06-10 11:16 AM
    Why are so many ppl hung up on the iphone yeah its a great devive but the droid x is just as good. The battery might be a little better on the iphone but besides that there the same... Foward facing camera who cares.

11-06-10 11:36 AM
    Why are so many ppl hung up on the iphone yeah its a great devive but the droid x is just as good. The battery might be a little better on the iphone but besides that there the same... Foward facing camera who cares.

I'm not going to argue that one is better then the other, but saying that IOS and Android are the same is an insult to both. IOS is much more straight forward and simple to use then Android. Android on the other hand offers widgets and user options that the iPhone just does not have. And the big deal about the iPhone is that it is made by Apple. Love them or hate them Apple is a brand that has an affect on people.
    11-06-10 12:16 PM
    I'm not going to argue that one is better then the other, but saying that IOS and Android are the same is an insult to both. IOS is much more straight forward and simple to use then Android. Android on the other hand offers widgets and user options that the iPhone just does not have. And the big deal about the iPhone is that it is made by Apple. Love them or hate them Apple is a brand that has an affect on people.
    Exactly. Saying they are both the same is an insult to any user who is educated on both platforms. Using both platforms for all of 5 minutes will show you they are not the same. They may be able to do a lot of the sam things (most smartphones can do a lot of the same things), but both platforms can do things the other can't.
    11-06-10 12:35 PM
    I beg to differ on "everything about the VZW iPhone is still speculation." Has anything been confirmed from Apple or VZW? Of course not. Apple puts on a spectacular show to announce things like this (annual MacWorld etc etc).

(Apple Making Verizon-Ready iPhone by Year End - WSJ.com)

Again, why would Apple confirm or allow VZW to confirm a VZW iPhone? This is not Apple/Steve Jobs-esque.

Exactly. Saying they are both the same is an insult to any user who is educated on both platforms. Using both platforms for all of 5 minutes will show you they are not the same. They may be able to do a lot of the sam things (most smartphones can do a lot of the same things), but both platforms can do things the other can't.
    What can iPhone 4 do that Android can't? Please refrain from mentioning apps. Apps can be ported to other OS's. The fact that you can only get the Hulu+ app for iPhone (for example) does not qualify as a legitimate feature/thing that Android can't do.
    Last edited by CASH; 11-06-10 at 04:32 PM.
    11-06-10 04:28 PM
    I've used both, android and of course iOS, and they most definitely are not the same. Think of vista and snow leopard differences, I feel Android is menu driven unlike iOS.
    11-06-10 04:52 PM
    I've used both, android and of course iOS, and they most definitely are not the same. Think of vista and snow leopard differences, I feel Android is menu driven unlike iOS.
    VISTA?! Seriously?! WTF?! I don't know what you mean by menu driven; maybe Mac OS is more UI/graphical interface based? If that's the case, of course. This is Apple we're talking about.
    11-06-10 05:03 PM
    I beg to differ on "everything about the VZW iPhone is still speculation." Has anything been confirmed from Apple or VZW? Of course not. Apple puts on a spectacular show to announce things like this (annual MacWorld etc etc).

(Apple Making Verizon-Ready iPhone by Year End - WSJ.com)
    The point is, until something is announced by one of the two, nothing matters. Trust me, I believe it is coming. I just wont be surprised if it doesn't come out till June or possibly 2 years from now. I need to see evidence that the device exists before I say it is real.

What can iPhone 4 do that Android can't? Please refrain from mentioning apps. Apps can be ported to other OS's. The fact that you can only get the Hulu+ app for iPhone (for example) does not qualify as a legitimate feature/thing that Android can't do.
    I wasn't going to mention apps. But, I should have rephrased that. There are things Android can do that the iPhone cannot. Is that better?
    11-06-10 06:33 PM
    VISTA?! Seriously?! WTF?! I don't know what you mean by menu driven; maybe Mac OS is more UI/graphical interface based? If that's the case, of course. This is Apple we're talking about.
    Yea, that's exactly what I mean.
    11-06-10 07:49 PM
    There are things Android can do that the iPhone cannot. Is that better?
    You can say that with any phone comparison, Android can't do BBM, iPhone can't do widgets, etc. etc... I checked out an incredible and it paled in comparison to the 4, that's not saying the 4 is the best overall smartphone either. In any case I'm sure Verizon or T-Mobile <cough> <cough> will sell a $hit load of 4's.
    11-06-10 07:51 PM
    You can say that with any phone comparison, Android can't do BBM, iPhone can't do widgets, etc. etc... I checked out an incredible and it paled in comparison to the 4, that's not saying the 4 is the best overall smartphone either. In any case I'm sure Verizon or T-Mobile <cough> <cough> will sell a $hit load of 4's.
    BBM is an IM app. BBM should not be the/a reason why anyone buys a BB over anything else. Nor should it really be considered something that another device can't do. The fact that BB's have BBM means nothing, really. People could easily choose other (multi-platform) IM clients. That would be like saying BlackBerry or Android doesn't have iTunes or the App Store. Or McDonald's doesn't have the Whopper. XD

I've seen widgets on iPhones. I have some on mine.

You are showing just how much ignorance you have about something you don't.
    Last edited by CASH; 11-07-10 at 01:47 AM.
    11-07-10 01:45 AM
    Proprietary apps do not count. Apps do not count. Features and funtionality is what matters.

And Yes the iPhone can do widgets. Not stock though.
    11-07-10 12:02 PM
    I think the Incredible vs iP4 comparison isn't fair because it's not considered the top Android device at this point. If comparing it to the X, or Fascinate, I can kind of see that.
    11-07-10 06:34 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD