Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Is it possible to use an unlocked iphone on verizons network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-10 05:35 PM
    no..... one is gsm one is cdma , two different things .

you could use an unlocked iphone on t-mo though
    02-11-10 05:41 PM
    My iPhone is unlocked, and I use it with T-Mobile. T-Mobile's service works great in the Tampa bay area. There are other GSM networks other than ATT and T-Mobile right?
    02-11-10 07:57 PM
    My iPhone is unlocked, and I use it with T-Mobile. T-Mobile's service works great in the Tampa bay area. There are other GSM networks other than ATT and T-Mobile right?
    umm i think the major ones are T-MO and ATT , think thats it ..... unless there is some small one im missing.
    02-11-10 08:14 PM
    I did see a you tube video that had a guy with verizon going across his phone...actually there are a couple....I don't believe it but google it the video almost makes you believe

02-11-10 08:38 PM
    I did see a you tube video that had a guy with verizon going across his phone...actually there are a couple....I don't believe it but google it the video almost makes you believe

I saw that vid as well, still no way to argue the facts. VZW is CDMA and can not be used with any existing iPhone
    02-11-10 08:45 PM
    I saw that vid as well, still no way to argue the facts. VZW is CDMA and can not be used with any existing iPhone
    Silly rabbit....why would I believe facts when I have a you tube video to back me up?

02-11-10 08:52 PM
    Silly rabbit....why would I believe facts when I have a you tube video to back me up?

LMAO right I mean there has never been a fake vid on you tube so it must be real.
    02-11-10 09:01 PM
    Internet+ tv= real (simple math)
    Sorry to pirate this thread the answer to the op is if it were possible to run a iphone on vzw you would not even have to ask the question...if it were possible it would hit like wild fire

02-11-10 09:07 PM
    yes you can make it look like its on verizon......just need to change the information read up top.....theres an app for that.
    Question for tmobile, do you get 3g service? also what plan do you carrier? I dont get 3g service with cincybell but do like paying only $45/month w/o contract, 500 min, unlimited text and data..... just no 3g
    02-12-10 08:03 AM
    Yes you can use an iPhone on TMobile but NOT with 3G.. only edge.
    02-12-10 08:05 AM
    yes you can make it look like its on verizon......just need to change the information read up top.....theres an app for that.
    Question for tmobile, do you get 3g service? also what plan do you carrier? I dont get 3g service with cincybell but do like paying only $45/month w/o contract, 500 min, unlimited text and data..... just no 3g
    "There's an app for that" lol
    02-12-10 08:06 AM
    Nope T-Mobile's 3g is not compatible with the 3g on the iPhone. I'm thinking of switching from T-Mobile to ATT when my contract is up in July.
    02-12-10 07:27 PM
    I wish ATT service around me was better. I would love to have an IPhone (rocking a Storm 2 on Verizon right now) but a couple cousins of mine have the IPhone on ATT and their coverage sucks. I'm happy with my S2 but it is more business oriented, I'm more of a media/texting fella. I played with the Droid but I think the Storm2 is better than the droid personally in my opinion. I'll keep hope alive that someday Verizon will get the IPhone.
    02-12-10 10:30 PM
    its file installed into the iphone that has to be jailbroken then installed in cydia. you have your own picture if you wanted too.
    02-16-10 02:02 PM
    No, I definitely know this one because the service I am with appalachian wireless refused me to use IPhone unlocked, but however I do know there's couple certain service that will let you use their service with unlocked iphone, whoever has IPhone is lucky.
    02-16-10 06:26 PM
    Yes it's possible! You have to follow my close instructions.

1) go to grocery store and obtain the following items: 1 bag basmati rice, five cherry tomatoes, 19 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, and 1 box of Honey Nut Cheerios.

Once you have all these items in your posession, PM me for further instruction.
    02-18-10 02:26 PM
    I would like to figure out how to use a Iphone for T-mobile.
    02-18-10 09:15 PM
    You have to jailbreak it AND be aware even if you get an Iphone 3G (or 3GS) you won't get 3G on Tmo, because they use a different 3G frequency than ATT.
    02-18-10 10:13 PM
    Possibly until June.
    Last edited by nogutsnoglory; 02-19-10 at 08:56 PM.
    02-19-10 08:22 PM
    is this thread really still going? no evidence=fail. No evidence no phone. When there's a stitch of evidence start a thread.
    02-19-10 08:26 PM
    In Cydia you can get a verizon icon logo, Unless you wanted to take apart your iPhone, put in a verizon phone's cellular radio, then rewrite the iPhone software it won't ever be done.
    02-21-10 04:11 PM
    Apple isn't going to make both a CDMA and GSM version. It's easier to just use GSM because then it can be used worldwide, not just in America.
    02-21-10 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD