02-14-11 02:58 PM
    Somebody, please turn that blogger into the Grammar Police...
    02-14-11 03:09 PM
    He neds tu use Spelcheckur...
    02-14-11 03:18 PM
    Proves that virtually anyone can have a blog.
    02-14-11 04:19 PM
    Pointless article is pointless. Who cares if it's the same iPhone? What matters is that it is now available for VZW.
    02-14-11 04:42 PM
    Haha, I stopped reading when he called Voice+Data Multitasking. BWHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    02-14-11 06:49 PM
    Civic, why didn't you wait for the next model?
    02-14-11 07:06 PM
    Haha, I stopped reading when he called Voice+Data Multitasking. BWHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    Well it kinda is lol.... simultaneous is technically multitasking..
    02-14-11 08:33 PM
    I don't care what the blogger says.... I'm getting the iPhone 4 with Verizon next week. . The Blackberry I have is not working right and honestly, I'm getting tired of it.... Plus I always wanted an iPhone but I wouldn't get it with AT&T because their service is horrible where I live *actually everywhere I've lived*. Finally glad that VZW offers the iPhone though
    02-17-11 05:27 PM
    Civic, why didn't you wait for the next model?
    Because I got tired of waiting and while waiting not being able to read my email and support my clients. That to me is more important than having newer hardware right now. Honestly, unless the next model is LTE and the network has LTE everywhere so I can use it all the time (not going to happen this year), it won't matter to me. I don't have a fear that the next few OS releases won't be supported by the current iPhone hardware and that's more than I could say for my BB. Heck, even the 2011 slated models have no guarantee that they'll get QNX support, so what's the point really?

Besides, I told you guys my only gripe with iPhone was that it was only available on AT&T. That was the biggest negative for me about it. I told you I'd jump on it when it hits Verizon... I tried WebOS, I tried Android, neither one was going to work for me due to specific needs that those platforms couldn't fill at the time of testing. I wasn't going to buy into a platform and wait for development to advance on it to meet my specific needs. That's what I did with BB and it never happened. So, I weighed it all out and just made the move.
    02-17-11 09:47 PM
    Because I got tired of waiting and while waiting not being able to read my email and support my clients. That to me is more important than having newer hardware right now. Honestly, unless the next model is LTE and the network has LTE everywhere so I can use it all the time (not going to happen this year), it won't matter to me. I don't have a fear that the next few OS releases won't be supported by the current iPhone hardware and that's more than I could say for my BB. Heck, even the 2011 slated models have no guarantee that they'll get QNX support, so what's the point really?

Besides, I told you guys my only gripe with iPhone was that it was only available on AT&T. That was the biggest negative for me about it. I told you I'd jump on it when it hits Verizon... I tried WebOS, I tried Android, neither one was going to work for me due to specific needs that those platforms couldn't fill at the time of testing. I wasn't going to buy into a platform and wait for development to advance on it to meet my specific needs. That's what I did with BB and it never happened. So, I weighed it all out and just made the move.
    Yeah, I understand. I'm not looking forward to "transitioning" with RIM for the next couple of years. Those are the worst periods with any platform, regardless of how great the potential of the platform is. And the ongoing saga of porting OS6 to the 9700 raises further doubts.

A part of me wants a finished product that I don't have to check for the latest rumors about every morning.
    02-18-11 02:22 AM
    Yeah, I understand. I'm not looking forward to "transitioning" with RIM for the next couple of years. Those are the worst periods with any platform, regardless of how great the potential of the platform is. And the ongoing saga of porting OS6 to the 9700 raises further doubts.

A part of me wants a finished product that I don't have to check for the latest rumors about every morning.
    If that's what you're looking for, you'll need to look elsewhere because RIM won't get away from that for a while. The fact that we kept seeing the same incremental development of the PB OS over the past 2 months and it's still not 100% solidified tells me RIM is still following the same old development storyboards they're currently using on the BBOS front. Because of this, they'll continue to release devices that have easily found flaws in them upon release. You'll always be waiting for that next OS to fix this or that and to speed up something that's jittery now. It'll be like a bad marriage that you just can't escape out of.
    02-18-11 02:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD