Let's not forget like 500,000 or so (maybe less or more I don't remember) were sold between 3am-5am EST on VZW current user pre-order day. That's just current VZW users. I was order number 5,000 something, and that was within 2 minutes of it becoming available to order.
    03-01-11 09:27 PM
    I seriously doubt that. I have owned every iPhone since it's initial release in 2007 and I can truly say the iPhone 4 will be my last iPhone. If iPhone 5 brings new and greatly needed features to the platform I'll agree with your statement. People on Android contracts aren't missing out on anything that iPhone offers today and they are smart enough to realize it. I have four years of waiting, complaining and wanting for iOS to move at a more aggressive pace but the folks at Cupertino move at a snails pace and spoon feed updates and improvements.

Your new to the platform, in time you'll see the BS that Apple imposes on it's users.

For what it's worth, iPhone is till a great device regardless.
    All I have to say to this, is Apple has only been making phones for 4 years.... JUST 4 YEARS !!! and they love to get the OS and UI Stable and friendly...

How many YEARS AND YEARS have people been waiting on RIM..... I think Apple is still light years faster with updates and keeping their customers happy

So I disagree can ya tell ? lol
    03-02-11 10:30 AM
    And JD, comparing iOS to BBOS, there's tons of stuff that iOS does better than BBOS does. We've been waiting a far longer time for RIM to make their move. I think that if it hadn't been for Apple and Google stepping up the game RIM wouldn't have been looking to improve things with QNX like they are now. If RIM could have it their way, everyone would carry a text only email pager around with no web and a 15MB/month data plan for $5. lol
    03-02-11 10:34 AM
    All I know is, BlackBerry is basically dead to me. After having my Droid X and seeing all that Android has to offer (especially with the LTE phones coming soon), and then playing with some VIPs and knowing that the IP5 is possibly around the corner, I'm pretty sure Android and Apple have taken over the reins of smartphones that are, er, actually smart.
    03-02-11 11:31 AM
    Looks like the i5 will be getting a Dual Core A5 1Ghz processor.
    03-02-11 03:13 PM
    Looks like the i5 will be getting a Dual Core A5 1Ghz processor.
    Was that announced in the iPad 2 announcement?
    03-02-11 03:15 PM
    Was that announced in the iPad 2 announcement?
    No, the iPad 2 for sure but not specifically for the next iPhone, that is what happened last time. Because of the renew cycle the iPad usually gets the newest chips first while the iPhone gets the newest display technology.
    03-02-11 03:18 PM
    The iPhone 5 will definitely have the A5. I can't see why Apple would not do it, especially considering when the iPad got the A4, the iPhone 4 got the A4. Plus not to mention all the other dual core smartphone competition.
    03-02-11 03:50 PM
    No, the iPad 2 for sure but not specifically for the next iPhone, that is what happened last time. Because of the renew cycle the iPad usually gets the newest chips first while the iPhone gets the newest display technology.
    Cool, thanks. I obviously don't have an IP4, and don't really plan on getting one basically because I don't want to pay out the a** for one right now, and had no idea that's how it worked. I'll definitely be looking at the IP5 for my next phone, assuming it makes its way to VZW this summer.
    03-02-11 05:37 PM
    Let's not forget like 500,000 or so (maybe less or more I don't remember) were sold between 3am-5am EST on VZW current user pre-order day. That's just current VZW users. I was order number 5,000 something, and that was within 2 minutes of it becoming available to order.
    That's how I was. I think I was like 8,000 and something when unordered mine like 2 min in couldn't filed my credit card to order it lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-11 04:58 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD