I came across this company that claims you can unlock the iphone for any network, "including Verizon." I don't see how it is possible....think there is any credence?

Unlock iPhone for Verizon | Unlock iPhone 3.0 today with Momepa
    Oh my who would be suckered it to that. Then again you can technically claim it would be on Verizon because of the Unicel or Alltel Deal in which Verizon is off loading GSM to AT&T. So technically I guess it would be on Verizon.

If not thanks for the laugh.
    06-24-09 01:12 PM
    I agree, either Apple and Verizon come to an agreement or the US Senate takes matters into their own hands.

Senators to Examine Exclusive Handset Deals - PC World
    The only problem with the idea behind the inquiry is that nobody has a 'RIGHT' to any of the things suggested in the article.

Not surprised Kerry was in there.
    06-24-09 09:16 PM
    May never happen... The CEO is Verizon was quick to talk about the Pre, but sidesteps the iPhone questions (especially that he agreed to Android from Moto coming)... lol.

Verizon's CEO sidesteps questions on iPhone, Android handset
    06-24-09 10:27 PM
    If it doesn't happen, that shouldn't be a cause for the government to step in. Apple has the right to not do business with Verizon if they so choose and vice versa. We don't need the government telling us who we have to do business with someone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 10:30 PM
    If it doesn't happen, that shouldn't be a cause for the government to step in. Apple has the right to not do business with Verizon if they so choose and vice versa. We don't need the government telling us who we have to do business with someone.

I think it's stupid... how are you going to tell someone to make a device for someone? Lol.

A lot of those big wigs use Verizon... that's why. They want their children to be able to get the iPhone and be on their family plans.
    06-24-09 10:47 PM
    Yeah well that's just not gonna be working out for them. IMHO, I don't think Apple will make a CDMA iPhone. I think we may see one on Verizon when LTE goes primetime, but who knows, Steve Jobs may not want to deal with them after their initial meetings.

06-24-09 11:55 PM
    The government stepping in would be the most senseless thing ever. A) You can force businesses to do business with eachother B) does every forget VZW PASSED on th eiphone before ATT got it.

Now people want to whine and cry for the government to step in and stop exclusives? They had the chance and let it go, thats hardly ATT's fault by any means or any right for the government to step in and split the contract up

And to OP it was likely closed because there's simply no info to share. Outside a bunch of trolls spitting BS theres nothing to discuss until something is announced or at least a credible rumor. Right now its an ATT exclusive until at least 2010 which is some time out.
    06-25-09 01:25 AM
    iphone on verizon wont happen for at least 3 more years! i hope it never happens! vzw shouldnt of been so cocky and bypassed it the first time
    06-25-09 09:27 AM
    I think it's stupid... how are you going to tell someone to make a device for someone? Lol.

A lot of those big wigs use Verizon... that's why. They want their children to be able to get the iPhone and be on their family plans.
    I think it's just another way to secure votes. I've noticed a lot of politicians trying to capitalize on mainstream happenings lately. I would love to see the iPhone on Verizon, but not at the cost of the government forcing it. Seems a little Germany circa 1938ish.
    06-25-09 05:09 PM
    If the US Senate wants a Verizon iPhone, than I think it's only fair to make AT&T get the Storm 2.

Why stop there? Why can't I play Gears of War 2 on my PS3?
    God I love gears of war 2!!!!!

06-25-09 05:15 PM
    Here's my opinion (please keep the flames down its only my opinion, thanks)

Apple will not spend time developing a CDMA phone when both verizon and AT&T are making the switch to LTE (which from what I've heard they begun testing and will run the rollout through 2010 is that accurate?).

Since both are switching to LTE what's the point of making a CDMA phone for one year? I know to us it just seems like sim card vs. IMEI codes but its a totally different technology that will take time to be tested.

Therefore, I feel that Verizon will not get an Iphone until LTE tech is completely rolled out regardless of AT&T's exclusivity agreement termination date which looks to be during the later part of 2010, unless they push for early 2010 but again looking at Apple's summer release cycle summer 2010 looks to be a reasonable assumption.

What do you guys think? Does this make sense?
    07-07-09 02:25 PM
    I hope Duvi comes and locks this one.
    07-07-09 03:48 PM
    I hope Duvi comes and locks this one.
    Agreed. This is getting old.
    07-07-09 04:43 PM
    Here's my opinion (please keep the flames down its only my opinion, thanks)

Apple will not spend time developing a CDMA phone when both verizon and AT&T are making the switch to LTE (which from what I've heard they begun testing and will run the rollout through 2010 is that accurate?).

Since both are switching to LTE what's the point of making a CDMA phone for one year? I know to us it just seems like sim card vs. IMEI codes but its a totally different technology that will take time to be tested.

Therefore, I feel that Verizon will not get an Iphone until LTE tech is completely rolled out regardless of AT&T's exclusivity agreement termination date which looks to be during the later part of 2010, unless they push for early 2010 but again looking at Apple's summer release cycle summer 2010 looks to be a reasonable assumption.

What do you guys think? Does this make sense?
    No it doesn't make sense. Even when LTE is completely rolled out, Verizon will still use CDMA for voice. The complete switch over might not happen for 10 years. A Verizon Iphone MUST be CDMA/LTE.
    07-07-09 07:54 PM
    Agreed. This is getting old.
    No its not. You people act like its not going to happen.
    07-07-09 07:55 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD