04-19-10 08:34 PM
54 123
tools
    Headline News is about to have a news piece on it now.
    03-30-10 11:22 AM
    Fox News reported this, this morning. here is the link

FOXNews.com - Two New iPhones Coming Soon, Say Sources
    03-30-10 12:04 PM
    03-30-10 12:59 PM
    Ive been hearing thar a lot now. Even a Verizon Rep mention it coming out. I think it was probably more speculation than anything else but who knows
    03-30-10 01:03 PM
    read it on my twitter page today about verizon and apple stocks going up with the rumor of the i-phone comming to verizon .If it does happen still wouldn"t get me to leave Sprint and my blackberry for the I-phone and high prices of verizon can picture what the cell plans gonna be for it if it comes to verizon high like at&t
    love my blackberry
    03-30-10 01:08 PM
    I sure hope the iPhone does come to Verizon. My upgrade date is comming up and I am holding out for it. I alos found another link that talks about these same reports.

New details of next-gen ‘iPhone HD’ emerge | iLounge News
    03-30-10 01:49 PM
    Hope they don't pull the "Verizon iphone for NEW customers first thing"
    03-30-10 02:00 PM
    Hahaha suckers are born every day I tell you.
    03-30-10 03:08 PM
    Hahaha suckers are born every day I tell you.
    Why is it that I only hear comments like this from people that already have the iPhone? It only makes business sense for Apple to finally open up their market to everyone, I mean we all know you don't bite the hand that feeds you. ATT has already done that by saying that the iPhone is the cause of all their network issues, and this is basically what made a decent company even better. I am not one to knock any company, however I do know that it wasn't smart to put the blame on their bread winner, especially when it has been documented that the CEO of ATT said that their crown jewel is the iPhone....Now let me ask this question, what happens to the crown when the jewel is gone??
    03-30-10 03:55 PM
    I think it would be beneficial for apple to expand its iphone carriers, in more ways than one.And its not like att HUGELY benefited from the Iphone, ya alot but alot of the other GSM networks did too once it was quickly figured out that iphones could be unlocked and then people were using iphones on all the other networks. I hope it does expand to other carriers but then agian it won't matter much to me cause I still wont be able to get one via my carrier =[
    03-30-10 04:23 PM
    Why is it that I only hear comments like this from people that already have the iPhone? It only makes business sense for Apple to finally open up their market to everyone, I mean we all know you don't bite the hand that feeds you. ATT has already done that by saying that the iPhone is the cause of all their network issues, and this is basically what made a decent company even better. I am not one to knock any company, however I do know that it wasn't smart to put the blame on their bread winner, especially when it has been documented that the CEO of ATT said that their crown jewel is the iPhone....Now let me ask this question, what happens to the crown when the jewel is gone??
    Only because this is rumor #1,585,673.. thats why. I could care less but you would think until Apple or even Verizon makes a public statement people would just stop buying into the fud.
    03-30-10 07:49 PM
    I'm one of those eagerly waiting for a Verizon iPhone. I want to try it out, since I love my iPod Touch. If the IPhone fails me, I'll switch for a Tour2. My Curve has served me well, but it's going on 2 years of age and starting to wear out. But I want to give the iPhone a try before I commit to another 2 year contract.

If Verizon doesn't get it, I might switch to ATT, but I'd really hate to do that. All of my friends and family are on Verizon, and the coverage is fantastic. ATT is pretty good in my area, but not as good as Verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-10 08:09 AM
    The numbers just don't make sense to me.

Think beyond AT&T and VZW.
    Globally, CDMA networks account for 10-15% of the total.
    The rest are all GSM based. That's why Apple made the iPhone GSM. Bigger market, more money. (And it's pretty obvious Apple likes to make money).

Why would they go after that last piece of the pie now?

Maybe they see market saturation coming soon, and are looking ahead for ways to increase market share?

Another guess is that by exposing more people to their products, they hope to bring more people into their 'ecosystem'.
    eg: Expose 10 new people to the iPhone, and some of them will also buy an ipad, Mac or Macbook.
    04-02-10 10:30 AM
    Another guess is that by exposing more people to their products, they hope to bring more people into their 'ecosystem'.
    eg: Expose 10 new people to the iPhone, and some of them will also buy an ipad, Mac or Macbook.
    This.

There is a general rule of thumb sales businesses use to determine how many customers out of 100 they can get to buy something. Using the 10% rule, its safe to assume that atleast 10% of Verizons subscribers would purchase the iPhone, which would be 9 million. Out of those 9 million iPhone users lets say it brings 10% to buy a Mac for the first time, thats 900,000 new Macs sold. Thats not even taking into consideration that you now have 9 million more people buying apps, music, videos, etc from the iTunes store. Other than the revenue from Verizon subscribers buying iPhones, theres a lot of revenue for the ecosystem purchases as well.
    04-02-10 09:06 PM
    Why is it that I only hear comments like this from people that already have the iPhone? It only makes business sense for Apple to finally open up their market to everyone, I mean we all know you don't bite the hand that feeds you.
    Thats the only short term fore seeable future. Apple makes a ton of money on app subcriptions and features exclusively to their software. Verizon pushes it's apps and fetures and they would also loose money. Thinking that Apple would open the market to others would hurt business not the other way around. "If" Verizon gets the iPhone (which I doubt), it will be an older Version. Plus no talk and surf. I have both devices and would not want an iPhone on a Verizon plan.
    04-04-10 09:32 PM
    Google changed the way consumers buy their phones and apple had to follow suit. It was not crazy to see that iphone would cater the cdma carriers as well as GSM, the question was when.
    Since it seems that LTE on VZ is going to take longer than Apple would like, a CDMA model should be in production rather soon. I think we could see a cdma iphone by the holiday season.
    Apple follows NO ONE... lmao, never has... never will. If Apple wanted to capture more market share (not what they are about) it would only make more sense to go to T-Mobile. CDMA is ancient technology of which the world does not follow and is soon to die (from Verizon and Apple's Cook). Apple is all about the world market not just the US.
    Verizon will get the iPhone when LTE is a viable option... Maybe early 2011...
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 04-05-10 at 09:23 AM.
    04-05-10 09:06 AM
    I have to agree, LTE will be the standard that brings the big 2 in the US together. I dont expect to see a VZW iphone until Apple can make one phone that hits both carriers.
    04-05-10 11:24 AM
    Verizon fanboys do not fret, Verizon is working overtime on the LTE front because they want to get the big red LTE iPhone out! Honestly I see it summer 2011 but not sooner. One hint is because in order for AT&T to get one more exclusive year with the iPhone they had to give Apple incredible rates on 3G for the iPad in return.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 04-05-10 at 11:48 AM.
    04-05-10 11:45 AM
    And im sure ATT is more than willing to do so.

After all, even $20/per customer profit is more than the 0 if they didnt get the exlusive ipad contract.
    04-05-10 11:52 AM
    I have heard this for a while now... I definitely think it could happen
    04-05-10 08:47 PM
    Verizon Executive VP Tom Tauke when asked about Verizon Iphone last week:

"I'm not permitted to make any news here today on that subject,"

Verizon: No comment on new iPhone for wireless network - The Hill's Hillicon Valley

Read between the lines you doubters, be smart about it.
    04-05-10 09:23 PM
    So reading between the lines is now just as good as a Verizon and or Apple confirming themselves there will be an iPhone for VZW. The jokes don't end.
    04-05-10 09:35 PM
    To all those who say Verizon will not get the iPhone until 2011 because of LTE and that CDMA is a dead technlogy. You're being narrow minded, China uses CDMA, Japan uses CDMA. It's far from dead, beside, on the Verizon the voice will REMAIN on CDMA for the forseeable future with LTE only providing the data to the devices.

The rumor I heard was that the new iPhone would have a CDMA/GSM radio in it making it compatible with both ATT and Verizon. I think this is a good possibility.

Also, remember that Apple released the iPhone with EDGE only, no 3g. And at the moment in June 2007, EDGE was old technology. So, keep that in mind before you post in the future, don't be so narrow minded.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-10 11:02 AM
    ABC News:Verizon told Apple they want IPhone.

Verizon CEO Has Told Apple of iPhone Interest - ABC News
    04-06-10 07:48 PM
    Verizon CEO said today:

"We're open to getting the device," Seidenberg said at a conference in New York, according to The Wall Street Journal. "Our network is capable of handling it."

http://www.crn.com/mobile/224201580;...RSKH4ATMY32JVN
    04-06-10 07:49 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD