Well, IF they have a lot of excess capacity on their network, fine they can handle it.

iPhone users are data hogs. It would definitely make a big impact on the VZW network if they had a few million new iPhones gobbling up bandwidth.

Maybe they would introduce new data plans specifically for iPhones, as in NO unlimited data?

Or maybe as others have suggested, it will not come until there is an LTE version, as I can't imagine them spending hundreds of millions or billions of dollars to beef up a CDMA network that will be turned off in 5-10 years.
    Unless the LTE infrastructure buildout they are in can somehow be leveraged for CDMA as well? (Increased backhaul capacity?)

I'm just thinking out loud.
    04-08-10 05:05 AM
    I am so torn! I currently have a BB pearl and am due for an upgrade (cannot wait to get rid of it and get a touch phone!). I have been patiently waiting for verizon to get the i phone, but at this point who knows if/when it will happen. I am looking at getting the HTC incredible, cannot wait to see it in person. So the question is, do I pull the trigger on the incredible or painfully wait longer hoping the i phone comes out this summer!?
    04-19-10 07:08 PM
    Well, IF they have a lot of excess capacity on their network, fine they can handle it.

iPhone users are data hogs. It would definitely make a big impact on the VZW network if they had a few million new iPhones gobbling up bandwidth.

Maybe they would introduce new data plans specifically for iPhones, as in NO unlimited data?

Or maybe as others have suggested, it will not come until there is an LTE version, as I can't imagine them spending hundreds of millions or billions of dollars to beef up a CDMA network that will be turned off in 5-10 years.
    Unless the LTE infrastructure buildout they are in can somehow be leveraged for CDMA as well? (Increased backhaul capacity?)

I'm just thinking out loud.
    Verizon invests a lot in their network. They even stated they could handle the millions of iPhone users. Trust me on this. Their network wouldn't end up like AT&T's.
    04-19-10 07:09 PM
    I am so torn! I currently have a BB pearl and am due for an upgrade (cannot wait to get rid of it and get a touch phone!). I have been patiently waiting for verizon to get the i phone, but at this point who knows if/when it will happen. I am looking at getting the HTC incredible, cannot wait to see it in person. So the question is, do I pull the trigger on the incredible or painfully wait longer hoping the i phone comes out this summer!?
    Just remember that the longer you wait the more that phones will keep coming. you're always going to be waiting for the latest & greatest. Pull the trigger. Of course after you have some play time with it to seal the deal
    04-19-10 08:34 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD