532. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

254 47.74%
  • No

278 52.26%
05-08-10 11:27 PM
198 ... 678
tools
    AT&T is decent where I live. 4-5 bars of 3G usually. I doubt I'll be switching.
    02-26-10 04:43 PM
    No way no how.. I get nearly 3Mbps at&t 3G now with soon to be 5+.
    02-26-10 04:53 PM
    If you had asked me before I got the storm 9530, I was a happy little clam with my curve. But I am tired of every single day having to take the battery out to do a hard restart. It simply won't work correctly. I always have stalls and hourglass timers. I downloaded one measly theme that I haven't ever done before, and it slowed down even more if that is possible. I have never been more frustrated in a phone! I am hesitating to get a new one or try to exchange because I want to wait for the Iphone.
    I sure hope they get it.
    Not that I won't be looking at Android or iPhone when my contract is up, but...you shouldn't be having issues like that. Even running a theme (at least a good one). I easily get 5-6 days before doing a restart and that is usually because I dl'd a new app or got an upgrade to an app I have. I haven't done a restart for performance reasons since the official 5 release from VZW.

You may want to wipe it an reinstall just so its more usable until greener pastures are available to you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-10 04:55 PM
    From what I hear including a friend of mine who just got an I-Phone - when she found out I was getting a Blackberry - she was like "I SO ENVY YOU...BLACKBERRY IS SO MUCH MORE BETTER THAN I-PHONE!!" At first I was like "Huh???" Than she proceeded to tell me why it was better - for instance we got Blackberry Instant Messenger for all of us who have Blackberry and only us BB users can use it...and some other benefits...

So from what I hear...Blackberry is so much more better than I-Phone...
    Not trying to bash the Berry, but there is just no way that any Berry can compare to the iPhone. I used a Curve 8310 for a couple of years and it was a great device but even a 9700 can't hold a candle to the iPhone. Both have pros and cons, but really BBM is not a valid argument that a Berry is better.
    02-26-10 06:59 PM
    I would probably go for one, but I would want BBM on it, and also I dont want the same old iPhone thats been around since 2006.... come on 2006....

The i phone is 4 years old now.
    Okay, first the first gen iPhone came out in 2007, and there have been two different iPhones since then, the 3G and the 3GS and both were a step up from the one that came before it.
    02-26-10 07:03 PM
    i've recently thought of it like this... any of us who use a mac, know why windows sucks... a bb is like a pc, full of issues, because it's designed to work well with a pc...

If windows sucks, and bb is designed to work well with windows... should we expect anything better than what they've done, no wonder RIM has hired people from Apple to overhaul their OS
    I like that, it is true that Apple products just work and Windows just sucks. That said any Berry still works better then Windows.
    02-26-10 07:04 PM
    I like that, it is true that Apple products just work and Windows just sucks. That said any Berry still works better then Windows.
    Maybe Apple will pay attention and you'll see "hello i'm an iphone, and hello i'm a blackberry" commericials next LOL
    02-26-10 07:14 PM
    If you had asked me before I got the storm 9530, I was a happy little clam with my curve. But I am tired of every single day having to take the battery out to do a hard restart. It simply won't work correctly. I always have stalls and hourglass timers. I downloaded one measly theme that I haven't ever done before, and it slowed down even more if that is possible. I have never been more frustrated in a phone! I am hesitating to get a new one or try to exchange because I want to wait for the Iphone.
    I sure hope they get it.
    well not to ruin your hopes but i'm sure you've read this...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f99/tim...future-427789/

I don't know if I would really ever go back to verizon... they did a good job of ruining a customer, and I want to know how many more they did this too... very uncool, but i'm finding out that some of my problems was a more widespread any model BB issue...
    02-26-10 07:18 PM
    well not to ruin your hopes but i'm sure you've read this...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f99/tim...future-427789/

I don't know if I would really ever go back to verizon... they did a good job of ruining a customer, and I want to know how many more they did this too... very uncool, but i'm finding out that some of my problems was a more widespread any model BB issue...
    I second that! I will never as long as I live go back to big red. I had verizon about 5 years ago and they sent me a bill for $900 + so I dropped them back then because a friend swore up and down their billing issues were all fixed so I gave them a second chance when the first storm came out . After problems with the storm they sent me a replacement and sent it to the wrong address. After a police report and 5 trips to the VW store I still ended up paying full price for a second storm I never received. Plus having to sign in with the little touchscreen every time you go into the store is just stupid. They pay a guy to stand at the door and tell me to sign it to be directed to the correct counter. Couldnt he just tell me the correct counter to go to? So **** NO I will never go back to those blood sucking leeches again. I dont care if they give me the greatest phone in the world for $9.99 a month it will end up costing me thousands so NO. Im done with Verizon.
    02-26-10 08:33 PM
    I second that! I will never as long as I live go back to big red. I had verizon about 5 years ago and they sent me a bill for $900 + so I dropped them back then because a friend swore up and down their billing issues were all fixed so I gave them a second chance when the first storm came out . After problems with the storm they sent me a replacement and sent it to the wrong address. After a police report and 5 trips to the VW store I still ended up paying full price for a second storm I never received. Plus having to sign in with the little touchscreen every time you go into the store is just stupid. They pay a guy to stand at the door and tell me to sign it to be directed to the correct counter. Couldnt he just tell me the correct counter to go to? So **** NO I will never go back to those blood sucking leeches again. I dont care if they give me the greatest phone in the world for $9.99 a month it will end up costing me thousands so NO. Im done with Verizon.

Here's my big red story... pretty messed up and blood sucking leeches is correct, especially when you read my story lol

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/all-...ml#post4383259
    02-26-10 08:47 PM
    I think that the Iphone is overrated. I am happy with my BlackBerry tour and I am very happy with Verizon as well. I have ATT many years ago and they had too many drop calls. I was on vacation in a rural town and my phone was the only working. Everyone else had ATT and TMo and they had no coverage down there....
    03-09-10 03:59 PM
    The iphone has the best apps, it's the most restricted too unfortunately
    03-09-10 09:14 PM
    The iphone has the best apps, it's the most restricted too unfortunately
    Believe it or not that restriction you speak of adds to the user experience... Apple has standards much much higher than Joe Blow thus creating a user experience that is unmatched.
    03-10-10 02:27 PM
    If the iPhone came to VZW I may consider switching.

They do have a better network, but it really would only depend on if they were getting a different model or not.
    03-10-10 03:24 PM
    I don't have to say I would consider.. Gone in a second, on my second blackberry, a storm now and have had nothing but problems with memory issues. As of now I have no apps on my storm at all because I was sick of memory leaks and a slow phone. I will actually switch to AT&T when the new 4G phone comes out if big red dosent make some sort of announcement.
    03-15-10 08:14 PM
    I don't have to say I would consider.. Gone in a second, on my second blackberry, a storm now and have had nothing but problems with memory issues. As of now I have no apps on my storm at all because I was sick of memory leaks and a slow phone. I will actually switch to AT&T when the new 4G phone comes out if big red dosent make some sort of announcement.
    Yeah, I may do the same. Time for Verizon to have the Iphone, no matter what anyone says. If not, I may say goodbye and try an Iphone. I LIKE my Storm2 but do not LOVE it.
    03-18-10 01:31 AM
    Yeah, I may do the same. Time for Verizon to have the Iphone, no matter what anyone says. If not, I may say goodbye and try an Iphone. I LIKE my Storm2 but do not LOVE it.
    I made the switch after having the 8130, 8330, 9630, 8530, 9530 and 9550 lol

I'm glad I made the switch phone wise, vzw is slightly ahead in voice coverage... but I don't miss them and their extra fees in the bill or any issues i had with my storm 1 and 2 and i'm so glad I hardly EVER reset my iPhone

I recommend that anyone coming from the touchscreen storm series curious about an iPhone to go and try one...
    03-18-10 05:11 AM
    The latest update for this on boygeniusreport.com ATT contract was extended until the end of this year...
    05-07-10 06:55 PM
    Atually I already have Verizon, so i don't have to switch, I have a Envy Touch w/them which is a nice phone, but should have apps, and I hate the "Mobile Web" I perfer the BB web which to me is more like the real web.
    05-07-10 09:31 PM
    You're talking about the Envy touch web, the iPhone Safari browser is still light years ahead of bb's way outdated browser
    05-07-10 09:38 PM
    You're talking about the Envy touch web, the iPhone Safari browser is still light years ahead of bb's way outdated browser
    Yeah that's what eveyone says, I've never used it though & I have the Ipod touch, maybe 1 day I'll play around wit it.

05-07-10 09:59 PM
    Yeah that's what eveyone says, I've never used it though & I have the Ipod touch, maybe 1 day I'll play around wit it.

You have an iPod touch and you've never used the browser on it..?
    05-08-10 10:43 PM
    Yeah a couple of times, but not enough for it to really count, so I need to use it to know if I like it better then Blackberry browser.
    05-08-10 11:27 PM
198 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD