532. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

254 47.74%
  • No

278 52.26%
05-08-10 11:27 PM
198 ... 34567 ...
tools
    I'd not only jump ship I'd probably drive the dam boat into the verizon store

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm on a boat

Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 12-03-09 at 10:54 PM. Reason: profanity
    12-03-09 12:45 PM
    My personal Opinion is that people who need the Blackberry wont like the i-phone, first of all the i-phone when you use a lot of emailing on it, it drains the battery,
    Yes; I-phone has alot of cool and great features but still it cannot replace the blackberry, in short its a cool gadget for those who want a blackberry as a toy etc.
    12-03-09 12:49 PM
    Not sure... I have the touch.. and I do love it. AND i hate the fact that I have to be near a wifi hotspot to use it. The iphone is tempting, but did not want to leave VZW for crappy AT&T. I phone/touch definitely is well designed, looks good, very easy to use...But its CLOSED off.. not anyone can just make an app and realease it without Apples stamp of approval.
    After seeing some of the stuff the storm can do (wife got it) I like it. I like that RIM GIVES you a theme builder... god forbid that your iPhone look ANY different from anyone else's...
    Now throw Android in the mix.. open source? awesome. Its already been predicted that the android OS will overtake the iPhone OS by 2012. Thats impressive since the iphone already has a 40% mobile market share.

Besides, I will bet the iPhone never makes it to VZW - AT&T will pay a fortune to keep it. Thats AT&T's big draw!
    12-03-09 01:09 PM
    I tried out the DM for Mac and it completely sucked. Didn't do anything but mess up my SD card. I have thought about buying a use laptop of craigslist or something, but I'm just waitin' to see if vzw ever gets the iphone. I also had the droid for about a week and it was awesome, but i didnt like the actually phone calling quality &the text messaging kept messing up. But that droid played well with my mac.
    You should man up and get Windows 7 for mac and all will be well unless your running a PowerPC chip (and i know your not a man lol).

Mac DM isnt terrible but i've had to reformat my SD card to get it to play nice (thankfully i have it back up on my windows side)

You gotta beware of the Apple Fanboys they are savage and delirious 99% of the time with logic and reasoning never able to work with them.
    12-03-09 01:47 PM
    I would not switch either.I dont like the touch screen for a phone and the fact the batttery can not be taken out and replaced .Yeah I got an ipod but its ok for my music and stuff , kinda made my mind up of not wanting a touch screen phone from that tho.
    12-03-09 02:00 PM
    I would never get an iPhone or any other apple product for that matter. Reason being is I don't want to look like or start acting like a smug ******. I'm sure a lot of people that own and use an iPhone aren't like this, But here is what happened last week that actually inspired me to reply to this topic.

I stooped into a small family owned restaurant to get my kids some breakfast before they went off to school. My Storm went off and I had gotten a new e-mail. Well in the middle of reading the email. I hear someone behind me Yelling "I've got the iPhone" I ignored him so he yelled it again. After the second time of him saying it without me acknowledging him he got up and went to my table.

Me still reading my email and there is a grown man standing at the side of my table saying "look, I have an iPhone".

I laughed at him and asked him what on earth made him think I cared about what kind of phone he had and he just kinda grunted and went back to his table. I had never seen anything like that.
    i havent had people screaming at me that they are using an iphone but i have had people unnecessarily pull their iPhone out when i'm using my Bold for zero reason (as if to show me they were in fact using an iPhone).

The best has to be though sitting in the AT&T store on a monday, place was super packed and on the bench next to me was a guy playing with his iphone and i had my Bold out, was listening to Pandora and reading the new BLEACH manga lol. We started talking about the ****ty CS and phones and stuff and he turned to me and said "You switching to an iPhone? I heard Blackberry isnt that good anymore" so i just said "it works just fine for me" so he proceeded to try and show his iPhone off (please note, i have over 20 friends with an iPhone 3 of my bestfriends and my GF i know the phone quite well) and some apps. Halfway thru showing me me his phone hiccuped cause he got a text from someone and had to close the app.

So i showed him that i was actually listening to Pandora and was surfing the net (using Bolt, cant tarnish the experience with the stock browser lol) and had messages firing off in the background from BBM and texts and showed him the new 5.0 software and he just looked at me like his world had been turned upside down. His response? "Thats a lot different from when i had my Curve a couple years ago"
    12-03-09 02:11 PM
    .... i was actually listening to Pandora and was surfing the net (using Bolt, cant tarnish the experience with the stock browser lol) and had messages firing off in the background from BBM and texts and showed him the new 5.0 software and he just looked at me like his world had been turned upside down. His response? "Thats a lot different from when i had my Curve a couple years ago"
    Classic. It is Mind blowing to me that Apple, for all their User Experience focus, can't create a device that multi tasks after 3 trys.
    12-03-09 03:28 PM
    The main complainers in this thread are the Storm 1 users lol. I can sympathize with them as the Storm seriously lacked proper memory management, and just not enough memory PERIOD!

Now I am a Storm 2 owner, and I must say, this is a completely different phone. Memory management is excellent and it comes with the SAME amount of RAM as the iPhone (256 MB). So for me, the ONLY advantage the iPhone has over the Storm 2 is the sheer amount of free AND paid apps that it can take advantage of. But BB apps may become more plentiful as time goes on. Arguably, the iphone has a better accelerometer, which can be fun in certain games/apps.

BUT Storm 2 can multi task, has a flash, and allows for open development. IMHO, the Storm 2 is a better looking phone as well. The screen is sharper than that of the iPhone.

So given the advantages and disadvantages of both units... I think I would still get the iPhone as I like the OS better on the apple product. I love the "pinch to zoom" multi-touch capabilities, and I am NOT a huge fan of BB's clicking screen. But both units are great and I could EASILY live with either one. Storm 1 sucks though, .
    12-03-09 07:17 PM
    Everyone i know that has had an Iphone has gotten rid of it.
    All that glitters isn't gold....

Oh and I vote no. Lovin my BB Storm 2.
    12-03-09 08:32 PM
    My vote is no primarily because there is nothing and no device that would make
    going to VZW a good idea for the area I live, work and travel to most often.

And no, this is not a carrier bash.
    12-03-09 10:58 PM
    I voted yes but it depends.

Apple needs to implement multitasking and a flash before I can seriously consider switching.

If Apple does that and Verizon doesn't find a way to make it more expensive than a BB, I'd be all over it.
    12-03-09 11:07 PM
    I personally would be all over a VZW iPhone. I still like my Storm but it has too many issues that just should not be present. I personally love touch screens and the iPhone is king in my book when it comes to that.
    12-03-09 11:14 PM
    Only Iphone will have something great like bbm!

12-03-09 11:37 PM
    You should man up and get Windows 7 for mac and all will be well unless your running a PowerPC chip (and i know your not a man lol).

Mac DM isnt terrible but i've had to reformat my SD card to get it to play nice (thankfully i have it back up on my windows side)

You gotta beware of the Apple Fanboys they are savage and delirious 99% of the time with logic and reasoning never able to work with them.
    HAHA thanks for pointing it out, guess you knew if you didn't then I would!
    Really though I don't want to download windoze on my mac, its makes me nervous to even think about it.

Mac DM is not good at all, in my books always. I tried to use it and it was a complete PITA! Yes made it easy enough to where even a cave man can do it, but that is not the problem. It screws up the whole phone, my music wouldn't work right, I couldn't get to my pictures and I was scared to lose contacts like many others did.

I stay away from the apple fanboys as well, they never seem to bring any good to the table. They feel its better to just bash bash bash, rather than listen to what everyone else has to say.
    12-04-09 09:37 AM
    I'm from holland, why should i switch :S
    hahaaha iPhone suckes
    many people don't know that
    but it really sucks
    all full touchscreenphones suck
    because at the moment you drop your phone
    on a sharp edge or with a incredible speed
    bye bye phone

but that's my opinion
    12-04-09 09:55 AM
    I'm from holland, why should i switch :S
    hahaaha iPhone suckes
    many people don't know that
    but it really sucks
    all full touchscreenphones suck
    because at the moment you drop your phone
    on a sharp edge or with a incredible speed
    bye bye phone

but that's my opinion
    Thanks for your opinion. I really couldn't tell you were from Holland

I hate it when I drop my phone with incredible speed.
    12-04-09 12:12 PM
    If and only if the iphone came to verizon and it was the same size it is now, which it doesnt appear it will be from the leaks of the new prototype screens, I would switch. I think the iphone is a cool little device but not having good service because its on att, hinders it now. It could be an incredible device on verizon but it will never match up to a blackberry
    12-04-09 04:00 PM
    From what I read from other sites, if the iPhone exclusivity were to end with AT&T in 2010, more likely it would go to T-Mobile, since all Apple had to do is change the 3G frequency bands...not hard to do. With CDMA, they have to manfacture a new board altogether, which isn't more "cost effective", even by Apple's standards.
    12-05-09 12:47 AM
    The iphone is a toy. It sucks in its "phone" mode.
    12-05-09 04:29 AM
    I have 4 co workers who have the iphone. I have the BB Tour and I love my Tour. My brother in Ohio has the Droid. I have played with the Droid, iphone, and the Storm. I like the iphone but hate AT&T I do not like the Droid. It is bulky. I love BB and doubt I would leave it for the iphone if VZW got it. I do wish though RIM would offer more free apps and also have a voice activated GPS on their apps. Google offers it with the Droid free. I do have the VZ Nav and love it but it would be nice to have a free voice. When driving it is important to have voice activation. I don't want to be reading when driving.
    I also don't like the fact that the Droid doesn't have the capability of voice dial with a BlueTooth. That is a real deal breaker for me. I do not like people who are on the phone to the ear when driving.
    12-07-09 05:10 PM
    there's no chance verizon gets the i phone, the contract with at&t is through 2010 so if big red was to get th phone it would not be until 2011, and after all of the lawsuit stuff and mudslinging at&t may pulla green bay packers and try to get something put into their next contract that the can not go to verizon but we will see honestly the iphone jsut really doent do anythign for me the storm or droid works much better and does the same stuff so whats the point
    12-07-09 05:28 PM
    Nobody wants the phone part of a i phone, they just want the "I" part. Which would be a Touch with camera and GPS. Git her done!
    12-07-09 05:33 PM
    i would just get the iphone and unlock it for sprint
    12-08-09 01:46 AM
    Here's a question-how many people would leave iphone for a bb? Not many I am sure. While we debate this, we have to admit the competition will (hopefully) make rim better. I am a bb man thru and thru(apart from storm) but iphone is a damned good phone. Lots of good views, and from what I gather there would be a lot of people leaving. So hopefully rim will read this subject!

12-08-09 03:47 AM
    Nobody wants the phone part of a i phone, they just want the "I" part. Which would be a Touch with camera and GPS. Git her done!
    No, I have the touch and if the iPhone were on VZW i would probably pick it over the BB. I love the touch, but since you are stuck on wifi, it becomes 3/4 useless when out of range. SO many apps require you to use the network to do stuff.
    12-08-09 08:44 AM
198 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD