532. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

254 47.74%
  • No

278 52.26%
05-08-10 11:27 PM
198 1234 ...
tools
    First I don't believe iPhone is coming to Verizon. I know since I just got a Storm 2 and renewed my contract I wouldn't be getting an iPhone in the next two years, however I am a Mac person and it's logical that if it was available I'd consider it.

Since you get a 30 day trial I'd probably give it a shot and then make a decision.
    11-13-09 02:35 PM
    Lets face it blackberry is the poor mans(big red) Iphone.
    Not quite sure I would call it the "poor mans" anything with the cost of VZW pricing plans.
    11-13-09 02:35 PM
    Hard to say for sure, but with all the new Android phones coming it looks like we will be dumping the Storm AND the iPhone for Android on VZW.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-09 03:11 PM
    Hey, here's some more fire for your rumors... what if Apple will use the new Qualcomm MSM7630 chipsets? Oooooooooo... CLAW. Qualcomm Bringing Flagship Gigahertz Processing to Mainstream Smartphone
    11-13-09 04:47 PM
    I won't be switching, not a fan of the iPhone
    11-13-09 05:01 PM
    I like my BB...my wife on the other would switch for sure.
    11-13-09 08:24 PM
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splitgrey View Post
    Lets face it blackberry is the poor mans(big red) Iphone.
    Not quite sure I would call it the "poor mans" anything with the cost of VZW pricing plans.
    Speaking metaphorically back there. Trying to say that those of us who got the storm with verizon did so because switching to AT&T was not an option. So we got the closest option available. And we all know the rest of the story....
    11-13-09 08:31 PM
    Even at best the Storm 2 is light years behind the Iphone and it will continue to be behind the Iphone. RIM isn't a company to advance the Blackberry anymore than they have to. I'd jump to the Iphone in a heartbeat (provided Verizon didn't screw with it and left it is it was.
    11-14-09 12:42 AM
    There's no way I would switch. I do not like Apple in general, especially the iPhone, and it's limited functionality beyond what Apple wants you to do. I plan on sticking with BBOS for a while, though Android always looks tempting. Definitely not Apple.
    11-14-09 01:24 AM
    Hey, here's some more fire for your rumors... what if Apple will use the new Qualcomm MSM7630 chipsets? Oooooooooo... CLAW. Qualcomm Bringing Flagship Gigahertz Processing to Mainstream Smartphone
    Maybe, but who else is going to use this chip set? We know it won't be RIM...it's too much processor for them to handle...lol!
    11-14-09 02:55 AM
    well if flash comes to blackberries by the time iphone goes to verizon there will be some real competition. Whether going to iphone on verizon or having blackberry with flash support.
    11-14-09 07:35 PM
    Even at best the Storm 2 is light years behind the Iphone and it will continue to be behind the Iphone. RIM isn't a company to advance the Blackberry anymore than they have to. I'd jump to the Iphone in a heartbeat (provided Verizon didn't screw with it and left it is it was.
    Only if flash support came early to the blackberries it would dominate over the iphones. regardless of the companies.
    11-14-09 07:37 PM
    Why would I give up an ultimately customizable device for one with a, reportedly, smaller screen and a locked UI? Apple is not for me and my limited budget.
    11-14-09 09:44 PM
    I have been an Apple user since 1989 and love their products and OS. I went with the Storm because Verizon doesn't have the iPhone and my entire family is on their network and I didn't want to switch to AT&T. My Storm (3rd replacement) is a nice phone but compared to the iPhone, IMHO it's not even close. There are thousands of free apps and thousands of other apps that actually work on the iPhone without battery pulls and huge memory loss. I have friends with the iPhone and we compare them from time to time and the browser speed, Mac compatibility, and general ease of operation make it an easy choice for me IF it becomes available to Verizon. No hard feeling about RIM or the Storm but I'm switching in a heartbeat.
    11-15-09 03:38 AM
    I think that by the time IPhone ever comes to, if ever, Verizon the Google Android market will be so big that it won't make a big difference. People forget that Goggle has a lot of money! They want to be #1 and they will do anything that they can to be that. Look at their past history. They do not do anything halfway like other companies. Love them or hate them they are here to stay and will be #1 by the end of 2010, in my opinion.
    11-15-09 09:52 AM
    I have a year left on my Storm 1 contract, but I am thinking of switching to an iPhone on ATT ASAP. My main reason is the pathetic browser implementation on the Storm -- HTML rendering frequently does not work, Java script performance is really slow and the general browser UI feels like Windows 95.

The iPhone pretty much does everything else the Storm can do and then there are the apps. I will deal with ATT dropped calls. I do as much web browsing for info on the go as I do talking, so it will be a better solution for me.

The 5.0 UI improvements are quaint, but are really pretty much of a joke compared to the iPhone. Oh and I forgot, the kooky screen implementation. The dialing pad just does not work for me.

I have an original Storm and had no issues with it, so I am not a crank on my third refurb. I tried to make it work, but the thing just bugs me at this point.

Flame on, but this is a serious post.
    11-15-09 10:23 AM
    >Only if flash support came early to the blackberries it would dominate over the iphones. regardless of the companies.

Apple has adaptive bit rate support in the Safari browser on both the iPhone and the Mac. This may end up being the perferred way to delivery video on the iPhone in the future. Who cares about Flash.
    11-15-09 10:29 AM
    Speaking metaphorically back there. Trying to say that those of us who got the storm with verizon did so because switching to AT&T was not an option. So we got the closest option available. And we all know the rest of the story....
    Who is this "we" you refer to? You're not speaking for me. I owned the 1st gen iPhone. I owned the 2nd gen iPhone. I'm a Mac guy. But for what I need and what I do the iPhone wasn't the right fit for me. I got the S1 on 11/21/08 and had it until I gave it away the day I got my S2. At not point did I believe, nor was I led to believe, that the S1 was the "closest option available" to the iPhone. Wasn't even a point a consideration for me - I wanted a touchscreen BB. So no, I will not be giving APPL a 3rd chance, regardless of carrier. Now the HTC Passion on the other hand...
    11-15-09 10:44 AM
    No
    -They are making it a 2.8" screen instead of the 3.5" screen.
    -Locked down by apple and their app store
    -Corporate email does not work on the iPhone for me
    -Need Itunes to put media on the phone
    -No way to drag/drop files into the iPhone (i.e. Word files, pdf files..etc.)
    11-15-09 11:07 AM
    I have T Mobile. And because of the power of the SIM card I did have a choice.
    Unlocked Iphone, or Unlocked Storm

as you can see, I chose bb. And my storm does everything I would use the Iphone for. Iphone is more for young kids who like to play games imo.

Silly Rabbit, Blackberries are for Grown Ups
    11-15-09 11:09 AM
    In a HEARTBEAT!
    11-15-09 11:16 AM
    No way. The iToy is not for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-09 11:58 AM
    No. Since RIM updated the OS to 5.0, I am very happy with my Storm 9530.
    11-15-09 02:16 PM
    Heck no! I hate my 9530!! But I hate the Iphone even more!
    11-15-09 02:23 PM
    I would most likely leave RIM until they upgraded off the Java platform and provided models with decent RAM. The whole excluding Storm from OpenGL, as well as how rushed they were in making it, has led me to lose interest in RIM. I will miss my MSN client the most... hopefully they will have it by 2010. By the way, will Asurion (crappy phone insurance company) provide insurance on iPhones? I love my Blackberry Storm, as well as Blackberries in general, but I hate Java.

If I spend $199 on a phone, I want it to feel like a $199 phone.
    11-15-09 02:41 PM
198 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD