View Poll Results: Would you switch?

Voters
532. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

254 47.74%
  • No

278 52.26%
    Verizon will NEVER get the I-Phone. I wish all you Verizon people stop that nonsence talk!!!
    12-17-09 08:05 PM
    Could you imagine the t.v. Commerical's if the i-phone came to vzw, it would be like "you tought you phone was fast then check it now their's a map for that!!!, imagine an i-phone user being able to walk in nyc with out the current spotty coverage from att , are you kidding me my friend has more dropped call's in manhattan like you would not believe my tour signal is strong no drop's in manhattan. I mean it's just the city that never sleeps".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-09 09:38 PM
    Verizon will NEVER get the I-Phone. I wish all you Verizon people stop that nonsence talk!!!
    Really? So where do you get your inside info at?? Google?

12-17-09 10:44 PM
    Been on Big Red for 6 years, and just switched to the Storm2 from a Treo. I had more than enough opportunity to switch to the iPhone, but I was used to the file managment system on the WinMo, and the BBOS is a nice replacement. Email and BBM, drag and drop Word files into dedicated folders along with PDF files...the list goes on. Not an iPhone fan, and not an Android fan. I'll keep Odin thanks. BB for me.
    12-17-09 11:57 PM
    After the Bing fiasco today, I might just have to drop Big Red!
    12-18-09 10:13 AM
    After the Bing fiasco today, I might just have to drop Big Red!
    This is why people should read what they sign.....

"Your wireless device must comply with Federal Communications Commission regulations, be certified for use on our network, and be compatible with your Service. Please be aware that we may change your wireless device's software, applications or programming remotely, without notice. This could affect your stored data, or how you've programmed or use your wireless device."

You remember this part when you signed the contract right?.......right?
    12-18-09 10:28 AM

"Your wireless device must comply with Federal Communications Commission regulations, be certified for use on our network, and be compatible with your Service. Please be aware that we may change your wireless device's software, applications or programming remotely, without notice. This could affect your stored data, or how you've programmed or use your wireless device."

Oh **** no!
    12-18-09 01:22 PM
    I would never. I hate touch-screen phones.... They never seem to register the right keystrokes for me.....
    12-20-09 02:14 PM
    I used my buDdies iphone for the first time today and I must say, if it came to verizon I would prob switch. Hard to say.

12-21-09 01:07 AM
    The lack of multi tasking and physical keyboard will keep me from being an iPhone user even if it were on Verizon.
    If the iphone does come to verizon it won't just be the 3gs verizon edition. Apple will do other performance upgrades like they always do. It can multitask now but it slows the phone down wayyyyy to much. Even android lags when multitasking (aka runnings widgets and lots of programs).

I hope if it does come to verizon it has the snap dragon processor + multitasking. That will be a beast of a phone. It will def. be worth having for a few months. You can't beat the build quality and having everything in one device like the iphone. Most phones have horrible music players. Iphones is obv. gr8. Browser is also amazing esp. with Multi touch, which no other company except palm will be allowed to use.
    12-21-09 02:28 AM
    NEVER I constantly have customers coming in mad about buying an iphone.
    12-23-09 09:28 PM

So what?? If he wants to drop Verizon because of the bing fiasco he can (with an etf if contract is not up). Thats also in the contract remember??
    12-23-09 10:39 PM
    The iPhone is good. I'm not hating on it by any means, it does what it does very well and is the leader of apps for sure. I will never get one, however, because I need a removable battery and physical keyboard.
    12-24-09 10:52 AM
    From what I hear including a friend of mine who just got an I-Phone - when she found out I was getting a Blackberry - she was like "I SO ENVY YOU...BLACKBERRY IS SO MUCH MORE BETTER THAN I-PHONE!!" At first I was like "Huh???" Than she proceeded to tell me why it was better - for instance we got Blackberry Instant Messenger for all of us who have Blackberry and only us BB users can use it...and some other benefits...

So from what I hear...Blackberry is so much more better than I-Phone...
    12-25-09 08:04 PM
    So how was blackberry messenger a few days ago? Haha..

12-25-09 08:07 PM
    I find myself switching over to use my iPod Touch more often every day when I need to do something other than reply to email... I still haven't found an outstanding twitter client for BlackBerry (�ber comes the closest), the BB web browser is more than sub-par, and the whole small application memory thing is beyond frustrating... I'm seriously considering it...
    12-26-09 09:32 PM
    I find myself switching over to use my iPod Touch more often every day when I need to do something other than reply to email... I still haven't found an outstanding twitter client for BlackBerry (�ber comes the closest), the BB web browser is more than sub-par, and the whole small application memory thing is beyond frustrating... I'm seriously considering it...
    Forgot to add that if the iPhone had Viigo & PodTrapper, and was compatible with BBM, I'd consider switching now! I know... A boy can dream, can't he?
    12-26-09 09:38 PM
    So how was blackberry messenger a few days ago? Haha..

Eh? Don't tell me your an iphone clown who is trying to make fun of other services not working when even the most basic function of calling people seems to be beyond your devices grasp 1/3 of the time

12-27-09 01:09 AM
    Eh? Don't tell me your an iphone clown who is trying to make fun of other services not working when even the most basic function of calling people seems to be beyond your devices grasp 1/3 of the time

No im not an iPhone clown. I have a Motorola Droid and work for tech support at verizon wireless so I have a sense of how stable services are..

That was a good line about the iPhone though! Lol

Last edited by tsguy52; 12-27-09 at 09:18 AM.
    12-27-09 09:13 AM
    Here's my opinion.
    1. cant stand a full touch device... I have to have a physical keypad. Which is why I get annoyed by Omnia's, Dare, S1 and S2
    2. I dont like a company that wants to bore itself into every aspect of a product like apple. Samsung, Blackberry, and LG dont do this. It irritates customers when they call in to their SERVICE provider and we have to tell them to "call apple". The netbooks pose the same headache.
    I worked for AT&T during the first 2 iphone launches. AT&T supports voice and voicemail. Thats IT. Everything else you have to call Apple and shell the money for paid tech support.
    3. Android platform. I am not going to say that google is flawless. By no means are they "God"
    However, for someone like myself and I know a lot of others. I do almost ALL my pim work and my email via google. I use google sync on my berry and my browser home page is google ( due to the bing snafoo ) oh, and might I add that the whole email client lockdown is Google and not verizon.. I'm sure they are working on being able to put cox and comcast availability on there. Its a headscratcher. And the droids also have had a somewhat flawless ( compared to blackberry ) launch of their system on the verizon network. Sure there are some hickups and growingpains, but I dont have to dread coming to work and having 100 people in queue telling me how "crappy" their droid is... like I did when the S1 launched.
    I am still on the fence when it comes to my next phone...
    Droid? or Curve2?
    no iPhone for me...
    IMO
    Last edited by IDsweetcheeks; 12-27-09 at 11:57 AM. Reason: adding to my opinions.
    12-27-09 11:54 AM
    If you had asked me before I got the storm 9530, I was a happy little clam with my curve. But I am tired of every single day having to take the battery out to do a hard restart. It simply won't work correctly. I always have stalls and hourglass timers. I downloaded one measly theme that I haven't ever done before, and it slowed down even more if that is possible. I have never been more frustrated in a phone! I am hesitating to get a new one or try to exchange because I want to wait for the Iphone.
    I sure hope they get it.
    12-27-09 12:40 PM
    I work for VZ on the telecom side of the house and I follow the talk, rumors, etc about VZW getting their mitts on the holy grail known to all as the iphone. I must say that there is noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo way I am getting for several reasons.

1.Not a big fan of a touch screen
    2.I had a cell phone with AT&T awhile back and cell coverage stinks!
    3. The cell phone prices are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too high regardless if there is a service contract or not.

I am happy with my VZW tour and can't wait for the next round of BB's to come out when my 2 year contract ends.
    I could go on and on but you get the idea of my displeasure with AT&T.

By the way, while I do work for VZ, I am by no means kissing their ****. I give it high marks for their service, coverage area, customer service, sales reps, etc.
    12-28-09 06:51 PM
    I would probably go for one, but I would want BBM on it, and also I dont want the same old iPhone thats been around since 2006.... come on 2006....

The i phone is 4 years old now.
    02-24-10 01:20 PM
    I love blackberry, but they just cant seem to get it right. Iphone has it, has had it, and always will have it figured out. Tired of blackberry saying 'ok, now try this phone', 'ok this phone is like the iphone' , and 'Ok hopefully this one'. Lets face it blackberry is the poor mans(big red) Iphone.

i've recently thought of it like this... any of us who use a mac, know why windows sucks... a bb is like a pc, full of issues, because it's designed to work well with a pc...

If windows sucks, and bb is designed to work well with windows... should we expect anything better than what they've done, no wonder RIM has hired people from Apple to overhaul their OS
    02-26-10 11:34 AM
    my parents both are iphone users, and im hoping if verizon gets the iphone that they will switch to verizon. i hate the spotty at&t service i have now, even if it is with a good phone.
    02-26-10 12:37 PM
198 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD