View Poll Results: Would you switch?

Voters
532. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

254 47.74%
  • No

278 52.26%
    I have an iPod Touch and I love it. I am on a University Campus and have WiFi everywhere I go. Friends of mine have iPhones that are great...when they have service. The idea that the iPhone is a cruddy phone is nothing new. I am happier with my iPod Touch and my Storm1 than any person with an iPhone.
    12-08-09 11:33 AM
    No, and it's not going to happen.
    12-08-09 12:31 PM
    my .002cents.

The Iphone will never go to verizon, for the reason that Verizon likes to limit the capabilities of their devices, and wants everything to go through V-Cast, at the same time Apple does not want the functionality of the iPhone to be limited.
    12-08-09 01:29 PM
    I just read this whole thread... damn I'm bored...

Anyways, I would never have the iPhone, and not because it's a bad device, it just doesn't do what I require it to do:

Multitask
    Push e-mail (I know it claims that it does, my buddy with an iPhone said if you turn on the push option it kills your battery, unacceptable, and that's not even real push.)
    Application Integration (Dictionary.com option on the menu to look up a word in an e-mail message using the app, even though it's shut down. Facebook alerts coming to the app in real time due to the e-mail integration
    BBM

The iPhone is a fantastic multimedia device. It offers a great browser, but for what I do, I don't need a browser that will display a web page in the same format that I get on my PC, I'd rather it display the mobile version personally. If I go to ESPN.com, I will be miserable trying to navigate around the page with a phone, so since my BB kicks me over to the mobile site automatically, I have everything laid out in a nice, albiet smaller, cleaner package for me to navigate. I still get the same articles, same options.

Really, what it comes down to is personal choice. I want a strong messaging phone. I want to be able to jump from writing a FB post directly to checking a txt message, without having to shut down the FB app, that's bull IMO. I want to have my sports scores update automatically while I have my phone holstered, without me having to keep an app open on my home screen.

Simply speaking, the BB does everything that I want it to do, and I couldn't imagine having something different. iPhone lovers, love your device, I'll still be packing my BB.
    12-08-09 02:57 PM
    yes i will. not really because i hate having to battery pull all the time but for the fact is that i am curious as all he!!. if i dont like it i got 30 days to give it back.

and there are always ways around contracts, they will sell it through VZW as a new 4G iphone since thats what they are testing it for right as we speak on the VZW network.
    Last edited by jtstretch; 12-10-09 at 06:14 PM.
    12-10-09 06:10 PM
    What rim needs a more comparible Iphone, but of course with blackberry stamped on it and of course 50% better then the iphone.

Lets wait and see next summer if rim gets their heads out of the sand and make a NEW phone similar to the iphone, but with all that rim has to offer in software, OS and much more.
    12-10-09 06:41 PM
    My best friend has AT&T and the only reason he is staying with it because he is waiting for the new iPhone in June/July. But, if verizon gets it, I am sure he will be switching because AT&T blows in our area.
    12-14-09 04:34 PM
    after getting the mDroid I dont think so, but I may be tempted if that day comes.
    12-15-09 02:44 AM
    First, as much as I hate Apple, the iPhone is not a 'trend'. Its marketshare is going nowhere but up...

Second, What are you basing that off of and what does it have to do with anything?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Everytime I hear someone say 'as much as I hate Apple' it is clear to me they are stuck in the quagmire that is WINDOWS...iPhone will come to VZW, and since it is 10 times better than anything out there, tons of people will buy it. The only difference: It will actually work on Verizon.
    12-15-09 05:37 AM
    Unless they put the BB OS on the iphone I won't get it.
    Indeed....
    12-15-09 02:37 PM
    I will more than likely give it a try as I did with moto droid but now back with blackberry.

12-15-09 03:04 PM
    I see it now; Verizon gets the iPhone, and everyone from AT&T that has one switches to VZW because they aren't getting charged for tiered data, and then AT&T will lose a LOT of business and end up going down hill
    12-15-09 03:37 PM
    My girfriend picked up an iphone about 3 weeks ago. I've used it quite a bit, and after a little bit the amusement wore off. I will admit it was fun for a few weeks, but when it took an hour to find out she can't do certain things on it, such as using media on the phone as a text/mms/email alert, or access our school email accounts without an app or something, as well as the fact that 2 days after she got it she realized it needed an update it got real old, comsidering I didn't have these issues on my curve.

And as far as it coming to verizon, even if it does, by that time I have a feeling android will put it in its place

12-15-09 05:18 PM
    Hmm, the original reason I didn't switch to iPhone was because I didn't wan AT&T, but even now, I don't think I'll be leaving BB for iPhone even if it DID come to Verizon.
    On my 3rd BB now (prev 8820, 8520) & loving it! And I can do just about anything on my BB that I can with an iPhone & MORE!
    And I have a REAL keyboard for REAL fingers .

12-16-09 12:15 PM
    The lack of multi tasking and physical keyboard will keep me from being an iPhone user even if it were on Verizon.
    12-16-09 03:07 PM
    The phone would have to have better media support, I hated not being able to customize my ringtones without having to buy from iTunes. I like phones I can customize.
    12-16-09 03:12 PM
    I'm basing it off of this, and I'm making a statement...

Apple: The World's Most Discreetly Feminine Brand? - Forbes.com
    I have something to say on this. It's just something I've noticed over the time I've worked at VZW.

There's a certain "fashion" appeal to the iPhone that doesn't exist with other PDAs. It's kinda like wearing a really-expensive brand of designer jeans. The stretch-fabric Lees you get at Wal-Mart might last longer and cost $15 bucks a pop, but they don't have name-brand appeal. You don't proudly wear a short-shirt and forget to wear a belt just so that everyone can see what brand of jeans you're wearing. You just jump in 'em in the morning and throw a t-shirt over them.

With all fashion trends come the wannabees of course...

Like clockwork, every time a shiny-new PDA comes out on VZW, all the iPhone fanboy/fangirl wannabees flock to it, hoping to impress their iPhone neighbors. (I sold a ton of HTC 6900's back in the day on the basis that they were cute.) Half the time these customers don't want a data plan. The other half, the devices end up broken (in rapid succession) long before they should. (I hate to say it, but with the types of customers this happens to, I refuse to believe it's just a matter of refurbished devices. Most of this is due to the phone being squished from pocket-abuse.) The multitasking ability we should all love to pieces is the bane of these devices, as these people open tons and tons of programs and wonder why their device crashes constantly or runs slow. They also don't seem to understand that all the fancy transitions on devices like the iPhone are meant to cover up program loading times, and become angry when anything without the transitions runs "slow".

The Droids seem to be holding up better than the Blackberries with these types of customers, but I can't help but wonder how long that will last? Thankfully, the Motorola one is a Brick, and you have to check a particular setting on Droids before you can screw 'em up too badly on the software end, so maybe they really are the appropriate replacement for iPhone wannabees.

Why can't more phones have a "dummy button"?
    Last edited by Polychrome; 12-16-09 at 05:02 PM.
    12-16-09 04:57 PM
    I'm not a fan of the Iphone, mainly because of the keyboard, can't stand typing on it, I use it on the ipod touch every day.
    12-16-09 09:25 PM
    Unless they put the BB OS on the iphone I won't get it.
    Agreed 100%
    12-16-09 10:33 PM
    Heck yes i would!
    Last edited by wryun; 12-17-09 at 12:30 AM.
    12-17-09 12:25 AM
    In really on the fence about it...I was at first a winmo guy..then after have 4 omnias in 2 months I got the s1...haven't looked back since..and now that in on the s2..I'm loving life..buddy of mine has the 3gs and I admit I like playing the games and using the broswer and apps..but its not like my storm....I dunno would have to see what vzw does to the iphone to make it better for us to use....but come on now these rumors have been going on since the iphobe came out on att...but hey when the actual news hits we will see then.

12-17-09 06:46 AM
    They can have it. Never paying money for a Apple product...even if it was given to me I would throw it in the gutter.
    12-17-09 08:01 AM
    They can have it. Never paying money for a Apple product...even if it was given to me I would throw it in the gutter.
    I find that hard to believe ... why would you throw a free apple product in the gutter?
    12-17-09 09:11 AM
    Would I switch to an Iphone? Not a chance, but.. I would try it for 29 days just so I can play with the I am Tpain app. After that I'd be back with my blackberry. I'm pretty much anti Apple anything.
    12-17-09 10:39 AM
    But on topic, the iPhone is an overrated fancy game boy that happens to ring for phone calls.
    it may ring for phone calls but I hope you don't have to answer it... because it will most likely drop the call
    12-17-09 04:19 PM
198 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD