Voters
532. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

254 47.74%
  • No

278 52.26%
    Moving to News & Rumors section
    12-01-09 10:09 AM
    I've just got rid of an iphone and come back to Blackberry. After a while I found the iphone to be just a glorified ipod touch. If you dare to use 3g, bluetooth and get your email checked even on a 15 minute interval, you would be lucky to have any battery life left by lunchtime. GPS isn't brilliant either. I am using a pearl just now until my curve 8900 comes tomorrow. Can't wait. It's purely a personal thing, but I so much prefer the Blackberry experience.
    12-01-09 10:37 AM
    I'm on the fence with this one. I really like the various features of the iPhone, and have not had much fun with my storm. However, I really like the looks of the Blackberry Tour 2 now, as well as the 9700 for AT&T... so we shall see...
    12-01-09 10:44 AM
    I do really like the BB, and I've yet to see the 5.0 os for my 8330. The only way I would NOT switch to an iPhone is if they have that same nonsense about not insuring the iPhone. I'm not rich by any means, and I'm pretty careful with my phone, but there's no way I'm going to pay full price for a new iPhone if something were to happen to it. I prefer having physical buttons to press rather than a touchscreen (I had the LG Dare and didn't like it), and I like BBM, but the iPhone's touchscreen is awesome and I can survive without BBM. Speaking of which, it wouldn't be a bad idea for RIM or another 3rd party developer to create an app for the iPhone that interfaces with BBM...
    12-01-09 01:24 PM
    Yes I will. I'm more of a multimedia man being only 19.

I can't stand RIM's lack of support for devices. No 5.0 for the Tour yet? This blows.
    12-01-09 02:06 PM
    here i go. i have a storm and when i got it it had serious lag, and had to do 4 batt pulls a day. now i have 5.0 and it doesnt lag, batt pulls is down to 3 a week. and my memory doesnt go down as fast. on the otherhand, after upgrading to 5.0, wich fixed almost all of my problems, i now cant use my camera or video camera. this is a major cripple for me. i take ALOT of pics and i dont have a regular camera, so im screwed. and eather way. i am limited, very limited on how many apps i can use. i have apps that i dont use much. but really hate having to install and uninstall them when i do want to use them. so im not completely happy with this storm. now, assuming the iphone is the same with verizon and att, and not the rumored smaller screen. then the iphone will have a bigger screen of whic i really like. plus, i love mac's and my old ipod. so there already on my good list. i had the htc touch pro and i hated windows mobile. i have a storm and its like having a classic muscle car, looks great, fun to use, but there is always problems with it. that being said i think i would switch to the iphone. the down side to me is no suretype. i really love it, and a regular touch screen might just **** me off. also, i love having a micro sd, its removable, so i can use it to transfer from phone to phone or from phone to p.c. if i dont have my cable with me (i use the cable at the house and its not always with me. the sd card that you can put the micro in stays in my truck, so its always at hand), also, i cant remove my batt with an iphone(then again,theres no need to like there is with my storm), and i dont think it has a mass storage mode that alows you to use it as a thumbdrive. which is a great feature imho. also there is the multi tasking. but all in all, i choose iphone. im tired of going "goodie! an upgrade to fix my problems" only to get new problems. and batt pulls, even 3 week. get on my nerves. you should have to do all that to a phone. just pick it up and use it. thats it. no "oh its low on memory, let me do a batt pull and wiat 13 minutes to call 911 for you (this happend to me when i broke my leg, i had to wait on my wife to get there to call 911 because my phone froze on me) tell me that aint crap. i want to be able to call 911 if i have to. not lay there is major pain because of a program error or what ever.
    but if verizon screws with the iphone too much, smaller screen blah blah blah. then who knows. and i have thought many times about switching to att, but there is much less 3g coverage, and more dropped calls. and being as the main functionality of a phone is to call people. the dropped calls thing is a big deal braker. i have been with verizon for many years, and in those years i might have had 5 dropped calls due to my phone. i had att once before, and i hated it. so im not going to deal with a ****ty carrier just to get a better phone. to me, a perfect work is the iphone, just the way it is, with verizon. but it probably wont happen that way. because we all know verizon likes to put "restrictor plates" on there phones.
    12-01-09 02:47 PM
    Was considering a Droid or Eris to replace my S1 but with the release of OS 5 I have no reason to switch. I would consider ANY other phone before going to the iDon't.
    12-01-09 02:50 PM
    the iPhone is pretty cool i must say... but AT&T sux and everyone i know who has an iPhone, whether in Fl or New Orleans drops calls EVERYWHERE!! and it takes FOREVER for them to get their emails! Our whole company which basically uses email for everything switched to Sprint BBs and are way happier! If Verizon wasn't so dang expensive i would prob switch and try it out if they got the iPhone... but as for now... I'm just waiting for the iPod touch to finally come out with a camera
    12-01-09 02:58 PM
    owww... that font...

But on topic, the iPhone is an overrated fancy game boy that happens to ring for phone calls.
    12-01-09 03:26 PM
    Verizon and Apple will have to increase production and support lines tremendously if this happens.
    The key is to buy Apple stock before this happens, and verizon stock before it happens.

Like 'em or not...they're not going anywhere. They are going to do nothing but get better.

RIM will have their hands full if this becomes the case. The blackberry ONLY outsold the Iphone because they offered buy one, get one.

Can you imagine how many they sell if they went as far as buy one, get one half off. No one could keep them on the shelves if they offered that AND went to big red.
    12-01-09 03:50 PM
    I would love to see a Iphone on Sprint and none for Verizon. Don't laugh Apple would do it.
    12-01-09 05:10 PM
    I welcome the iPHONE: if it really takes off, maybe it will lower my monthly VZN bill for my S2. Doctor Neutron
    12-01-09 05:23 PM
    owww... that font...

But on topic, the iPhone is an overrated fancy game boy that happens to ring for phone calls.
    That is a BS argument with absolutely no truth. Simply someone hating on iPhones.

IT has an infinite number of apps that can be used to increase workplace productivity.

Example: Take a look at the medical apps. The countles drug calculation/conversion apps. The programs that can be used by First Responders for Hazardous Materials incidents, for terrorist incidents, mass casualties, etc. SOOOOOOOO many apps and not just a million versions of the same 3 apps. So not the case...

That iPhone = toy argument is a bunch of BS from iPhone haters ignorant of the reality of its usefulness. The fact is, lots of people bought the phone. Lots of app developers realized this and it started a tidal wave of competition and development of useful apps. Plenty of game type apps, but plenty of productivity type apps. Plenty more than any you'll find on the BB platform. Simple truth of it unfortunately.
    12-01-09 10:48 PM
    Ill stay with blackberry they have something up thier sleeve should be good....
    atleast i hope
    12-01-09 10:50 PM
    Once the iphone has the ability to multitask then maybe

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-09 04:29 PM
    Nope Im good with my BB
    12-03-09 08:22 AM
    Once the iphone has the ability to multitask then maybe

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    it can, you just have to jailbreak it.
    12-03-09 08:39 AM
    ...on the fence as well.
    12-03-09 08:42 AM
    The Iphone trend will be over by the time VZW gets it, that's even if they do. Women dominate Apple, they want the Iphone more than the guys do...
    Clearly you do not spend time in stores? I have more men asking about the iPhone fr VZW then women.

Honestly, I like the iPhone. It has some pretty good apps and I like the OS. But when it boils down to it? I am a Blackberry guy. Have been for the last 10 years. It would take quite a bit to get me out of one.
    Last edited by bduschel; 12-03-09 at 08:53 AM.
    12-03-09 08:49 AM
    I would never get an iPhone or any other apple product for that matter. Reason being is I don't want to look like or start acting like a smug ******. I'm sure a lot of people that own and use an iPhone aren't like this, But here is what happened last week that actually inspired me to reply to this topic.

I stooped into a small family owned restaurant to get my kids some breakfast before they went off to school. My Storm went off and I had gotten a new e-mail. Well in the middle of reading the email. I hear someone behind me Yelling "I've got the iPhone" I ignored him so he yelled it again. After the second time of him saying it without me acknowledging him he got up and went to my table.

Me still reading my email and there is a grown man standing at the side of my table saying "look, I have an iPhone".

I laughed at him and asked him what on earth made him think I cared about what kind of phone he had and he just kinda grunted and went back to his table. I had never seen anything like that. I dont know what it is about Apple,
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 12-03-09 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Content moderation
    12-03-09 08:53 AM
    I would never get an iPhone or any other apple product for that matter. Reason being is I don't want to look like or start acting like a smug ******. I'm sure a lot of people that own and use an iPhone aren't like this, But here is what happened last week that actually inspired me to reply to this topic.

I stooped into a small family owned restaurant to get my kids some breakfast before they went off to school. My Storm went off and I had gotten a new e-mail. Well in the middle of reading the email. I hear someone behind me Yelling "I've got the iPhone" I ignored him so he yelled it again. After the second time of him saying it without me acknowledging him he got up and went to my table.

Me still reading my email and there is a grown man standing at the side of my table saying "look, I have an iPhone".

I laughedat him and asked him what on earth made him think I cared about what kind of phone he had and he just kinda grunted and went back to his table. I had never seen anything like that.
    That is what you call an apple fanboy! Not all people that own anything apple are going to act like that and rub it in everyones face. I personally own a macbook and would love to have a phone that gets along with my computer.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 12-03-09 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Content moderation
    12-03-09 08:58 AM
    That is what you call an apple fanboy! Not all people that own anything apple are going to act likethat and rub it in everyones face. I personally own a macbook and would love to have a phone that gets along with my computer.

I know what you mean. I have a friend that is a mac and BB user, and doing anything for his BB was such a pain that he went and bought a used PC. Of course this was before the mac version of DM. I thought it was suppoused to be better now.
    12-03-09 09:28 AM
    I know what you mean. I have a friend that is a mac and BB user, and doing anything for his BB was such a pain that he went and bought a used PC. Of course this was before the mac version of DM. I thought it was suppoused to be better now.
    I tried out the DM for Mac and it completely sucked. Didn't do anything but mess up my SD card. I have thought about buying a use laptop of craigslist or something, but I'm just waitin' to see if vzw ever gets the iphone. I also had the droid for about a week and it was awesome, but i didnt like the actually phone calling quality &the text messaging kept messing up. But that droid played well with my mac.
    12-03-09 09:47 AM
    I wouldn't switch. No real reason.
    12-03-09 09:49 AM
    I'd have to think about it- I like being able to send/receive check websites while on a call....
    12-03-09 11:38 AM
198 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD