Where I am at school I'm in the extended network, and I keep getting a message on my iPhone saying, "Data roaming is turned off, Use Wi-Fi or enable data roaming. Additional fees may apply." Do anyone know if this will actually apply fees?
    02-27-11 04:24 PM
    As long as you are on the Nationwide plan, there is no charge for roaming. Only some of the really old plans actually charge roaming.
    02-27-11 10:14 PM
    As long as you are on the Nationwide plan, there is no charge for roaming. Only some of the really old plans actually charge roaming.
    Thank you, my plan is Nationwide talk & text so I should be fine.

So I just turned it on and it says that Safari is unable to connect to the internet. Looks like I'm just out of luck when I'm not in Wi-Fi areas.
    Last edited by Mk3VR; 02-28-11 at 09:54 AM.
    02-28-11 09:51 AM
    you must have something setup wrong on the phone, or just reboot it.

I have the same phone and do not have that problem.
    02-28-11 10:05 AM
    What does your signal indicator read in terms of network technology being linked up? Is it 3G or something else? You might need to just call Verizon at 611 and discuss your coverage issues with them. Sometimes a local tower issue could be to blame for such things. Don't be afraid to call them up and ask.
    02-28-11 10:20 AM
    Also helps sometimes to dial *228 and press 1 for activation. Sometimes that
    helps solve tower issues.
    02-28-11 12:54 PM
    What does your signal indicator read in terms of network technology being linked up? Is it 3G or something else? You might need to just call Verizon at 611 and discuss your coverage issues with them. Sometimes a local tower issue could be to blame for such things. Don't be afraid to call them up and ask.
    When in 3G areas it displays Verizon 3G in the top left of the screen. When I'm in the extended network it says, Extended with an "o" next to it. I think I resolved my issue though. I rebooted the phone and it seems to be working now, just very slow.

Also helps sometimes to dial *228 and press 1 for activation. Sometimes that
    helps solve tower issues.
    In the extended network calling *228 is not possible
    03-01-11 10:18 AM
    "o" is like Edge on at&t or a GSM carrier for that matter.
    03-01-11 02:46 PM
    Ya, you're in a crappy coverage area. I'd call Verizon and complain about the lack of coverage in that area. Keep calling a few times a month and have your friends do the same if they're with Verizon and they'll get the point soon enough.
    03-02-11 01:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD