Thanks for sharing. If it wouldn't cost as much as an macbook pro or even a macbook, I'd think about getting it.
    07-22-09 11:45 AM
    Thanks for sharing. If it wouldn't cost as much as an macbook pro or even a macbook, I'd think about getting it.
    I wonder how long til the Blackberry tablet is released?
    07-22-09 11:49 AM
    That'd be interesting I don't see it happening. BlackBerry will most likely stick to cell phones, I don't see it going over real well. I could be wrong but the price point will determine what success the iTablet has.
    07-22-09 12:16 PM
    This is interesting, but I do not have high hopes for it. If reasonably priced I would consider, but I see it costing way too much for what it will do.
    07-22-09 01:08 PM
    To compete with the netbooks that are out now, an Apple tablet would need to have:
    • a decent office suite
    • full email client
    • Safari web browser
    • Kindle-like ebook reader
    • iPod
    • Bluetooth
    • WIFI
    • 3G
    • ability to attach a keyboard if it's a touchscreen device
    • IT CANNOT COST $1000+
    I could use a device like this, but I wouldn't pay a huge Apple tax to own one since most of the netbooks out there do all of these things already for around $500.
    07-22-09 01:22 PM
    thats funny that apple even spoke to verizon after they made the mistake to deny the iphone
    07-23-09 11:38 AM
    07-24-09 07:02 PM
    07-24-09 08:15 PM
    Good articles,

VZW and Apple is pretty much a done deal. I think the Apple tablet is just a stopgap until the AT&T contract expires then we will see the next Apple phone running on VZW by the end of 2010. I believe Apple is working on another phone that is maybe a step above the current iPhone in features, I have no proof of that, but with a faster LTE rollout, I know Apple is drooling about the prospect of having the flagship phone on the nations best network. I can't wait for LTE, all the smartphones should get better because manufacturers won't have to make two models of the same phone to run on CDMA and GSM, we should all win.
    07-24-09 09:09 PM
    Good articles,

VZW and Apple is pretty much a done deal. I think the Apple tablet is just a stopgap until the AT&T contract expires then we will see the next Apple phone running on VZW by the end of 2010. I believe Apple is working on another phone that is maybe a step above the current iPhone in features, I have no proof of that, but with a faster LTE rollout, I know Apple is drooling about the prospect of having the flagship phone on the nations best network. I can't wait for LTE, all the smartphones should get better because manufacturers won't have to make two models of the same phone to run on CDMA and GSM, we should all win.
    They will still have too... Sprint
    07-24-09 11:19 PM
    They will still have too... Sprint
    Well last i heard Sprint was starting to test LTE as well. Having both WI-MAX and LTE would be interesting.
    07-25-09 07:25 AM
    07-26-09 07:15 PM
    Very interesting.
    07-26-09 07:28 PM
    Thanks for sharing matrix. I really hope it's open to GSM/LTE/UMTS in general, rather than Verizon. I think Apple either needs to open up to Verizon with the iPhone or allow the tablet to run on both networks (no exclusivity deal) to make the most profit. A lot of people just got into a two year deal with AT&T for the 3GS, over 1 million the first weekend and most people want to have everything bundled up on one bill. If they aren't able to, this could mean loss of sales for Apple. No matter what, they'll still make a killing because it's apple, just not the most.
    07-26-09 07:46 PM
    Thanks for sharing matrix. I really hope it's open to GSM/LTE/UMTS in general, rather than Verizon. I think Apple either needs to open up to Verizon with the iPhone or allow the tablet to run on both networks (no exclusivity deal) to make the most profit. A lot of people just got into a two year deal with AT&T for the 3GS, over 1 million the first weekend and most people want to have everything bundled up on one bill. If they aren't able to, this could mean loss of sales for Apple. No matter what, they'll still make a killing because it's apple, just not the most.
    From what i've read on other articles, it will only be exclusive to Verizon at first. I think it will have GSM/CDMA/LTE radios.
    07-26-09 08:52 PM
    Apple's delay in introducing a Tablet PC-style device is bizarre. They're possibly the most-sought-after tech visual aids in education today. And isn't Apple supposed to be the brand schools use? I'm a teacher working in a school that is just starting to adopt the technology. A Tablet PC + LCD projector pairing has almost completely replaced the old overhead projector and white/chalkboard. No expendable pens and plastic rolls to regularly toss out. I can save notes presented in class, and e-mail them to students who were absent.

I tried hooking up a Wacom tablet to the family iMac and the PC I used to use at school, but found it clunky for the purposes of creating hand-written notes on handouts. I needed a compact laptop, and wound up getting a used HP business-class tablet because I now want my computers to have Tablet PC functionality. (To handwrite notes in Word and other documents.) I really do wish Apple would have taken this segment seriously a long time ago. If they can get it to send signals to LCD projectors they will have a winner on their hands among teachers who are looking for alternatives to the current Tablet PCs.
    07-27-09 01:26 PM
    Better have a non-Verizon wi-fi option or I'm out. I do not want another data plan. I've got that with the iphone. No need for another.
    08-04-09 03:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD