LOOOOOOL Must suck to be on ATT. I was with them for a month and ditched em before my 30 days. Glad I did.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yup, it just sucks!

12-16-10 09:48 AM
    We have an iPhone on AT&T and a BB on Verizon. The plans are exactly the sane price except an extra $3 per month to VZW for visual voicemail. AT&T has rollover minutes and VZW has friends and family. F&F is a MUCH better deal than rollover minutes. Also, for anyone joining now, VZW's data packages are a WAY better dealm. Anyway, my point is it is basically a wash on price.

But here's the real dividing factor. VZW service is more solid and more reliable in far more places. Anyone who travels a lot, especially via road, will back me up on this. Yes, AT&T is OK here in the city, but once you get away from the city VZW wins big.

What I'm really waiting for though is being able to replace our iPhone with a VZW model so we can get on the family plan. Will save us about $50 per month!

AT&T has freinds and family on the same plans Verizon does WITH rollover. Get your facts straight.

Spoken like a true iPhone user, I'm proud of you, ignore and belittle the studies and articles that you don't agree with...

People do b*tch to b*tch, but the fact is that when enough people do complain there must be some truth to it.

How long has Consumer Reports been around? They wouldn't still be around if they have always put out what they sponsors wanted them to and not the truth, which consumers expect of them. I agree that they're not as relevant anymore as they use to be, but they still do their studies well with as little bias as they possibly can. They provide a much better overall sample of the population than most other agencies do. You can't tell me there's a better agency around that puts out studies that are as unbiased as they are.

And remember, you're the one who told me to go searching for for something. Feel free to post up some other articles or studies that find the opposite of what Consumer Reports found. I just won't be seeing it because you're now another ignored, close-minded, and ignorant Apple/Att fanboy who just can't seem to pull their head out of their a$$ long enough to see what is really happening. Feel free to do the same for me...
    Consumer reports is the biggest joke in the electronics world. These are the same people that dinged the Pioneer plasmas for being "too expensive". It's still the holy grail of displays and that comes at a premium.
    12-16-10 09:56 AM
    Two facts that are a matter of public record for anyone who cares to do research

1) Currently, there is no such thing as 4G. It is a gimmick used to talk about maximizing speeds for the 3G network at best. 4G as most of these gadget news site advertisement spouting dimwits think of it won't even have a decent infrastructure until 2015 at the earliest.

2. AT&T and Apple's exclusivity contract that lasts until the end of 2012 has not yet been dissolved.
    12-16-10 01:22 PM
    I think that if VZ's iphone is LTE which i doubt, lots of people will switch. I think there's a great appeal to being to operate in way faster speeds than the current 3g at&t network. Needless to say, there's the "better network" and unlimited data for 5 extra dollars per month incentives.
    12-17-10 08:56 AM
    I hope so. I'm so sick of having to tell everyone that this call will fail on AT&T so I will call you right back...

Even thinking of getting a land line now.

AT&T is the worst for me..
    12-17-10 10:10 AM
    Let's look at a few reasons why LTE could be a big possibility and why we shouldn't rule it out just yet...

1) Verizon's 3G network maxes out at 3.1Mbps, AT&T's 3G network (when it works and when you have good coverage) maxes out at 7.2Mbps (on an iPhone 4G). This is going to be used by AT&T as a huge disadvantage to a Verizon iPhone. They are also upgrading their 3G network to HSPA+ which will bring speeds of 21Mbps+. An LTE Verizon iPhone would pretty much solve this problem, or at least make it less of one.

2) LTE has been in testing since the early 2000's. Verizon chose LTE as their path for their next generation wireless network back in 2007 (someone correct me if i'm wrong), who's to say that they didn't negotiate with Apple in 2008 and start R&D/Testing back then on LTE? Just because it hasn't rolled out nationally until this year doesn't mean that they haven't been testing it in the labs for a couple years.

3) Verizon and Apple want to make this PERFECT. Apple needs this to be flawless and not flop like things have on AT&T. The biggest issues with AT&T were coverage and capacity. Verizon has both but it's starting to lag in capacity. They are fixing this as fast as they can but the 3G network only has so much spectrum. Verizon needs this to be flawless so they can keep claiming "the nations most reliable wireless network." It they put LTE in the phone it will balance capacity between the 3G/4G networks making congestion nonexistent. In 4G markets (major metro areas at the moment), iPhone users would be connect to the 4G network and other smartphone users would be on the 3G network (until 4G is released on more smartphones) which would make it look like a major success in cities like NYC and SanFran where AT&T has had problems.

4) Let's consider the contract between AT&T/Apple. It has been said that the original contract date was 5 years (2007-2012). We don't know if this is true or not (that's a really long contract for phone exclusivity). But we all know that contracts can become void or the terms are changed. Apple could have gotten out of the contract because another carrier had 4G before them and the phone will be different because it has a 4G radio. They also could have gotten out of it because of the problems people were having on AT&T.

5) Apple is usually "behind" with things. But maybe they don't want to be known as the company that's last to market. This could be their shining star. It's a perfect marriage between BigRed and Apple. People keep saying "Apple doesn't announce/launch new devices until summer." -- That isn't true, the original iPhone was announced in January. But this is a completely new device that is going to excite the market. Apple and Verizon can't wait any longer to launch the iPhone (whether it's 3G or 3G/4G).. I for one know that if it hasn't been announced by Feb 1st, I will be looking for something else. It's getting old having to wait this long and I think both companies know this. Apple has probably lost a lot of customers to Android because the iPhone hasn't been offered on Verizon.
    12-17-10 01:27 PM
    1) It's not an iPhone 4G, it's an iPhone 4.
    3) Apple has flopped on AT&T, wow.. just wow. Apple iPhone on AT&T has outsold ALL of Verizon's Android phones combined this last quarter, yea that's a flop. I am also getting 5+Mpbs on AT&T's 3G network, not 4G.

I'll post some statistical sales number later as to why Verizon needs the iPhone as they are getting beat by AT&T in terms of sales.
    12-17-10 02:25 PM
    I personally hope that big red does end up with it, I on the other hand think this will be good for AT&T ... I don't think but maybe 25-30% may jump ship freeing up AT&T's network....

I will not be one that jumps ship, big red did me more than wrong, and they can suck it lol

AND once it does become available on big red, RIM will take the hardest hit.. NOT AT&T
    12-18-10 01:04 AM
    Of course there's a ton of risk being the first handset on an unproven new technology. Look at the LTE laptop cards right now- 2 minute delay switching from LTE to CDMA. Think that's really acceptable for a cell phone thats supposed to be announced in a month?

I dont buy these rumors. I buy there will be a VZW iphone this year, but not LTE. It's just not ready for handsets yet, not at least until later in 2011.

3G was out longer and Apple chose to not use it in the first iPhone because their phone wasn't optimized. Does anyone honestly think an even newer tech will be guinea-pigged on this one? I just don't see the point with the limited LTE coverage right now.

If it is a summer release, its a lot more likely. I also don't get the point to release a Jan-Feb iphone and then a 5th model on ATT in the summer. I dont see Apple doing that, they like schedules and releasing things in groups once a year.
    Whoa, I know I haven't visited this section for a while but when did you start accepting that there would be a VZW iPhone?

The one reason I think Apple could launch a VeriPhone in Jan/Feb and then the AT&T iPhone 5 in June and keep on that schedule is because of the supply/demand issues they experience with each launch. The iPhone 4 launch had horrible delays in people being able to get it. Apple just could not keep up with demand and people were having to wait 3-4 weeks for theirs to be shipped.

Throw in Verizon also getting the iPhone and another 8-10 million sales and there is just no way you'd be able to get an iPhone sooner than 4-6+ weeks if it were launched simultaneously on each carrier.

That's really the only solid argument I can make for a early 2011 launch of a VZW iPhone.
    12-21-10 10:29 AM
    Two facts that are a matter of public record for anyone who cares to do research

1) Currently, there is no such thing as 4G. It is a gimmick used to talk about maximizing speeds for the 3G network at best. 4G as most of these gadget news site advertisement spouting dimwits think of it won't even have a decent infrastructure until 2015 at the earliest.

2. AT&T and Apple's exclusivity contract that lasts until the end of 2012 has not yet been dissolved.
    You're actually wrong on both accounts.

1. The ITU has declared that current LTE/HSPA+/WiMax ARE in fact 4G technologies and can call themselves 4G. Also you're far off in your date of "2015 at the earliest". Verizon has come out and said that their entire network will be blanketed by 4G by 2013 if I remember correctly. Heck, I'd even give AT&T and T-Mo credit and say they will have their networks blanketed by 4G before then, especially because their network upgrades to LTE are easier than Verizon's. *And I am willing to bet you've not seen the speedtest results for Verizon's LTE devices have you?

2. The only proof we have of AT&T and Apple's contract is a court document where a statement was made that they did agree to a 5 year contract. That is ALL the document states and all that we know. Not a one of us knows when that agreement started (and therefore when it ends), or whether that contract was renegotiated or even superseded by a new one at any point in time, especially when the iPhone went from no subsidy to subsidy or when AT&T agreed to do an iPad unlimited data plan.
    12-21-10 10:41 AM
    To the individual who said there is no such thing as 4G... you're dead wrong.
    I have 4G sprint and I stream HD youtube videos instantly, browse full websites with flash playing on them in a snap and download youtube videos in seconds.
    Until you experience it, you shouldn't say anything.
    When they say 2015 they are talking about a nationwide coverage. For now there are only a handful of cities were Sprint has 4G (I think 50ish) and Tampa is one of them.
    Sunday I watched the Bucs game on my phone without interruptions while eating out at a Chinese restaurant. That's 4G, even my laptops wireless would cause the game to go through loading sessions frequently.
    As for the iPhone 4... I wouldn't use it if someone paid me to. Apple is a joke and I wouldn't give them a penny of my earnings.
    12-21-10 03:15 PM
    Post some speed tests of Sprints 4G if you don't mind. I'm curious what speeds you're getting as I live down the interstate from Tampa.
    12-21-10 05:05 PM

1. So because the coverage is good where you are means that coverage is good everywhere else? Seems kind of ignorant... Have you not been paying attention to any news in the past three years? The biggest complaint about the iPhone, and Att in general, is the overall network coverage, being that it just doesn't work when it's needed in some spots of the country.
    Ignorant? Hey, if your VZW or whatever you use is the best at your area, use that. I ain't gonna switch, just because Verizon has a great coverage in California.

. Have you not been paying attention to any news in the past three years?
    Couldn't care less about big mouth and biased news. I tried 4 (!) different types of carriers and ATT proved to be having the best coverage, where other services failed. My friends constantly asking me to give my phone to them to make calls home, where we are in a "dead zone" because it seems like their coverage sux balls. So again, I didn't buy my phone based on what the news told me to, but did my own experiments. VZW also has a good coverage, but the plan they offered me and the phone with it was just not suiting my own taste. Also I'm not a heavy data user, so whatever VZW has for data, i don't care, I still care the most about what voice plan and the clarity and of course service area and THEN data.

2. The 8830, 9630, 9650, 9530, 9550, Droid Global, and Droid Pro all have SIM cards in them. I have no idea what you even mean by, "there is not much of value of the phone" so I won't even comment on that. I'm not sure what you mean by "can't jailbreak a phone" either, the only phone you can jailbreak is an iPhone...
    My bad..I honestly admit my mistake on that one, I just figured they don't have a sim card, since my friend has a WZV and while it's not a smartphone, it doesn't have sim cards and can't sell the phone either.

Also, for an extra, since you post like the world revolves around you,
    I posted my opinon, not someone's else. Go take your anger somewhere else.

I switched from Att to Verizon a couple years ago. My phone works when I need it to, and I'm saving like $25 a month and I added a smartphone data plan to my family plan. Yes, I do get a discount, but Att's discount from my employer was like 5% or something pathetic, and with Verizon it's 20%.
    I could just quote your previous sentence I quoted eariler and say the same thing, but I am unlike you.

So me, like you, has different needs and expectations from their carrier. Just because you feel a certain way doesn't mean that the majority of the population feels the same. About 90% of the people I know with an iPhone, which is quite a bit, even a few business owners with all iPhones, can't wait for the iPhone to come to Verizon so they can drop Att.
    And yet, if you go by surveys, go see the survey which phone owners are the most satisfied with their phones. They wouldn't be satisfied with their phones if they wouldn't have a good coverage on them.

So based on my experiences and acquaintances, I do believe Att is in for a very big reality check when the iPhone becomes available through Verizon...
    Based on your experiences.
    Last edited by Shodan775; 12-21-10 at 09:45 PM.
    12-21-10 09:37 PM
    i knowe the arguement against lte in the iphone for vzw, but i say why wouldnt they? they like to be on the cutting edge dont they? as to the arguement on the original being edge not 3g, there was no 3g android when the original iphone came out now android has a significant share of the smartphone market and they are coming out with lte devices at ces for verizon. why would apple wnat to be so far behind android phones in terms of lte and 3g. i think that if apple were to launch a lte phone in june, then why not just launch it in february? what is the difference in a few months when people will be buying up lte android phones in droves
    12-22-10 10:35 AM
    Ok first of all LTE and Wi-Max are 4G candidates there is no official 4G standard. So stop bickering about 4g none of it is 4G till a standard is ratified by the ITU. Second of all I have driven all over this country and from my experience Verizon's coverage is exceptionally better than AT&T. I have AT&T but verizon's LTE is going to smash AT&T like its nobody's business.

12-25-10 02:14 PM
    I have AT&T but verizon's LTE is going to smash AT&T like its nobody's business.

Competition is always good for the consumers (like you or me).

Maybe ATT will start dropping their prices, and so will VZW..since they start to have a similar phone inventory, save the VZW's vicious Droid fans, which are even worse than the most radical BB fans.
    12-25-10 09:06 PM
    Ignorant? Hey, if your VZW or whatever you use is the best at your area, use that. I ain't gonna switch, just because Verizon has a great coverage in California.
    And you shouldn't. But saying that Att isn't going to take a hard hit with a Verizon iPhone just because Att has good coverage in CT is ignorant.

Couldn't care less about big mouth and biased news.
    And yet, if you go by surveys...

I posted my opinon, not someone's else. Go take your anger somewhere else.

I could just quote your previous sentence I quoted eariler and say the same thing, but I am unlike you.
    No anger here, just posting my opinion, like you did. You quoted the part of my post seen below, but then overlooked when you replied to it maybe some ignorance there too, just didn't fit your point or something?

So me, like you, has different needs and expectations from their carrier. Just because you feel a certain way doesn't mean that the majority of the population feels the same.
    Based on your experiences.
    Yep, that's what I said. I'm sure our experiences are different, which is why we chose different carriers. There's nothing to say that my opinion is better than yours or yours is better than mine. You for some reason seem to think that yours is better though arrogance maybe...
    12-25-10 10:21 PM
    lmao! Apple won't allow it? They are the ones that are supposedly pushing carriers to launch 4G networks. Apple wouldn't waste money releasing a 3G only iPhone now when 2011 is gonna be the rise of 4G.

This iPhone will be LTE for sure and of course will run on CDMA as well.

Here's the thing, and listen carefully, speaking as someone who does Tier 2 Tech Support for T-Mobile..."4G" is not what most of America thinks it is. It is a marketing gimmick flaunting a minor upgrade to speed and improvement from the expansion of the networks of the major carriers. True 4G as most people think of it is being tested in certain controlled markets, that is true. It will not be ready for widespread deployment until sometime in 2014-2015. So arguing about LTE this or 4G that is pointless. What will be released is simply the existing iPhone 4, redesigned to run on CDMA instead of GSM.
    12-28-10 04:20 PM
    It almost cracks me up, we're all almost in agreement that big red will end up with an iPhone, the question is when.... now all the 4G/LTE rumors start flying, can't y'all be glad enough big red WILL get the iPhone it looks like, NOW it has to be 4G/LTE now... just to keep the sh*t stirring,....

I'm in agreement with that once exclusivity ends, someone will end up with a CDMA iPhone 4, wouldn't surprise me to see all carriers with one once it's CDMA

nothing with me 4G/LTE til the iPhone 5 or 6 at the very least ... nothing like trying to get all us current users riled the f*** up
    12-28-10 04:57 PM
    Yup, it just sucks!

What app is that?

12-29-10 12:57 PM
    What app is that?

FCC Test, you can also use Speed Test
    12-29-10 03:57 PM
    Verizon iPhone w/ 4G Coming Next Month?*-*TechnoBuffalo

lmao! Apple won't allow it? They are the ones that are supposedly pushing carriers to launch 4G networks. Apple wouldn't waste money releasing a 3G only iPhone now when 2011 is gonna be the rise of 4G.

This iPhone will be LTE for sure and of course will run on CDMA as well.

They're not risking anything.

Being the first iPhone to be on Verizon + 1st 4G Verizon phone = TONS of sales.

This will not hurt the iPhone at all. I'm pretty sure some of these phones are being tested as we speak.
    So you were right about the iPhone, but wrong about it being 4G...
    02-03-11 12:35 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD