Verizon iPhone w/ 4G Coming Next Month? - TechnoBuffalo

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by techman4112; 12-14-10 at 03:55 PM.
    12-14-10 03:12 PM
    God, I hope this is true. And if it is, AT&T is going to take a very very hard hit.
    12-15-10 01:52 AM
    We all know verizon is going to get the Iphone in 2011 but I'm really hoping this article is right for next month!

12-15-10 07:16 AM
    God, I hope this is true. And if it is, AT&T is going to take a very very hard hit.
    I for one am not leaving, getting great AT&T service. I can only imagine how much better AT&T will get once people switch.
    12-15-10 09:28 AM
    They may announce a Verizon iPhone next month, but there is absolutely no chance in **** it will be a LTE device. Apple simply will not allow it.
    12-15-10 09:33 AM
    Won't leave ever because of my unlimited data

F your tiers!!
    12-15-10 10:00 AM
    Won't leave ever because of my unlimited data

F your tiers!!
    Tiers? On Verizon? Do you mean the two tiers that they have? a 150MB one and an unlimited one...

The only carrier that no longer offers unlimited data with new plans in the US is Att.
    12-15-10 10:13 AM
    They may announce a Verizon iPhone next month, but there is absolutely no chance in **** it will be a LTE device. Apple simply will not allow it.
    lmao! Apple won't allow it? They are the ones that are supposedly pushing carriers to launch 4G networks. Apple wouldn't waste money releasing a 3G only iPhone now when 2011 is gonna be the rise of 4G.

This iPhone will be LTE for sure and of course will run on CDMA as well.

12-15-10 10:32 AM
    lmao! Apple won't allow it? They are the ones that are supposedly pushing carriers to launch 4G networks. Apple wouldn't waste money releasing a 3G only iPhone now when 2011 is gonna be the rise of 4G.

This iPhone will be LTE for sure and of course will run on CDMA as well.

I suppose that is why the original iPhone was available in 3G.

Oh...wait.....

Apple is not going to let Verizon use the iPhone to be the guinea pig for their LTE network. Apple is getting frustrated with how slow the carriers are going with the LTE roll out, but they are not going to risk damage to the iPhone brand by being the focal point of the network woes that are bound to exist when the first wave of devices hit the market.
    12-15-10 12:27 PM
    I suppose that is why the original iPhone was available in 3G.

Oh...wait.....

Apple is not going to let Verizon use the iPhone to be the guinea pig for their LTE network. Apple is getting frustrated with how slow the carriers are going with the LTE roll out, but they are not going to risk damage to the iPhone brand by being the focal point of the network woes that are bound to exist when the first wave of devices hit the market.
    They're not risking anything.

Being the first iPhone to be on Verizon + 1st 4G Verizon phone = TONS of sales.

This will not hurt the iPhone at all. I'm pretty sure some of these phones are being tested as we speak.
    12-15-10 02:04 PM
    Tiers? On Verizon? Do you mean the two tiers that they have? a 150MB one and an unlimited one...

The only carrier that no longer offers unlimited data with new plans in the US is Att.
    Hahaha! I was going to say the same thing. Just wait until they use too much bandwidth if you're on a grandfathered unlimited plan and they get a call from AT&T about them wanting to either cancel your service or move you to a tiered plan. lol Yes, it's happened to 2 people I know.
    12-15-10 02:23 PM
    Hahaha! I was going to say the same thing. Just wait until they use too much bandwidth if you're on a grandfathered unlimited plan and they get a call from AT&T about them wanting to either cancel your service or move you to a tiered plan. lol Yes, it's happened to 2 people I know.
    LOOOOOOL Must suck to be on ATT. I was with them for a month and ditched em before my 30 days. Glad I did.

12-15-10 02:43 PM
    Maybe they heard about the tiers and thought it was Verizon since their plan didn't get changed. Like you said, it'll suck for them if they are pushed to a tiered plan.
    12-15-10 03:06 PM
    note how there is a "?" at the end of that - rumors...plus this is a repost of a topic already posted in the VZW forums, arguing the same damned point over and over and over

tired...
    12-15-10 06:28 PM
    I doubt it. 2 reasons I'm with AT&T and none of it relating to what phones they sell.

1. At my area (CT) AT&T has a good coverage.

2. It's a GSM network. I don't like CDMA network, where there is not much of value of the phone , since Verizon is a CDMA network so there is no SIM card, and can't jailbreak a phone.

For an extra, Verizon is more expensive any way you look at it.
    12-15-10 07:23 PM
    I doubt it. 2 reasons I'm with AT&T and none of it relating to what phones they sell.

2. It's a GSM network. I don't like CDMA network, where there is not much of value of the phone , since Verizon is a CDMA network so there is no SIM card, and can't jailbreak a phone.

1. So because the coverage is good where you are means that coverage is good everywhere else? Seems kind of ignorant... Have you not been paying attention to any news in the past three years? The biggest complaint about the iPhone, and Att in general, is the overall network coverage, being that it just doesn't work when it's needed in some spots of the country.

2. The 8830, 9630, 9650, 9530, 9550, Droid Global, and Droid Pro all have SIM cards in them. I have no idea what you even mean by, "there is not much of value of the phone" so I won't even comment on that. I'm not sure what you mean by "can't jailbreak a phone" either, the only phone you can jailbreak is an iPhone...

Also, for an extra, since you post like the world revolves around you, I switched from Att to Verizon a couple years ago. My phone works when I need it to, and I'm saving like $25 a month and I added a smartphone data plan to my family plan. Yes, I do get a discount, but Att's discount from my employer was like 5% or something pathetic, and with Verizon it's 20%.

So me, like you, has different needs and expectations from their carrier. Just because you feel a certain way doesn't mean that the majority of the population feels the same. About 90% of the people I know with an iPhone, which is quite a bit, even a few business owners with all iPhones, can't wait for the iPhone to come to Verizon so they can drop Att.

So based on my experiences and acquaintances, I do believe Att is in for a very big reality check when the iPhone becomes available through Verizon...
    12-15-10 08:13 PM
    They're not risking anything.

Being the first iPhone to be on Verizon + 1st 4G Verizon phone = TONS of sales.

This will not hurt the iPhone at all. I'm pretty sure some of these phones are being tested as we speak.
    Of course there's a ton of risk being the first handset on an unproven new technology. Look at the LTE laptop cards right now- 2 minute delay switching from LTE to CDMA. Think that's really acceptable for a cell phone thats supposed to be announced in a month?

I dont buy these rumors. I buy there will be a VZW iphone this year, but not LTE. It's just not ready for handsets yet, not at least until later in 2011.

3G was out longer and Apple chose to not use it in the first iPhone because their phone wasn't optimized. Does anyone honestly think an even newer tech will be guinea-pigged on this one? I just don't see the point with the limited LTE coverage right now.

If it is a summer release, its a lot more likely. I also don't get the point to release a Jan-Feb iphone and then a 5th model on ATT in the summer. I dont see Apple doing that, they like schedules and releasing things in groups once a year.
    12-15-10 08:18 PM

1. So because the coverage is good where you are means that coverage is good everywhere else? Seems kind of ignorant... Have you not been paying attention to any news in the past three years? The biggest complaint about the iPhone, and Att in general, is the overall network coverage, being that it just doesn't work when it's needed in some spots of the country.

2. The 8830, 9630, 9650, 9530, 9550, Droid Global, and Droid Pro all have SIM cards in them. I have no idea what you even mean by, "there is not much of value of the phone" so I won't even comment on that. I'm not sure what you mean by "can't jailbreak a phone" either, the only phone you can jailbreak is an iPhone...

Also, for an extra, since you post like the world revolves around you, I switched from Att to Verizon a couple years ago. My phone works when I need it to, and I'm saving like $25 a month and I added a smartphone data plan to my family plan. Yes, I do get a discount, but Att's discount from my employer was like 5% or something pathetic, and with Verizon it's 20%.

So me, like you, has different needs and expectations from their carrier. Just because you feel a certain way doesn't mean that the majority of the population feels the same. About 90% of the people I know with an iPhone, which is quite a bit, even a few business owners with all iPhones, can't wait for the iPhone to come to Verizon so they can drop Att.

So based on my experiences and acquaintances, I do believe Att is in for a very big reality check when the iPhone becomes available through Verizon...
    The quoted poster has good coverage. PLENTY of people have good ATT coverage or there wouldnt be 90 million or so customers! Theyre certainly not all iphones!

And youre doing the same thing. 90% of people you know may seem big to you but its 1/10000000000% of total iphone users on ATT. It is still not any bit a cross-section of user satisfaction.

Just because people b*tch doesnt mean anything. Google carrier news around the net and other forums, people b*tch about every carrier, just Apple/ATT get a lot more major press coverage.
    12-15-10 08:21 PM
    The quoted poster has good coverage. PLENTY of people have good ATT coverage or there wouldnt be 90 million or so customers! Theyre certainly not all iphones!

And youre doing the same thing. 90% of people you know may seem big to you but its 1/10000000000% of total iphone users on ATT. It is still not any bit a cross-section of user satisfaction.

Just because people b*tch doesnt mean anything. Google carrier news around the net and other forums, people b*tch about every carrier, just Apple/ATT get a lot more major press coverage.
    Did you not read my post, like towards the end? Everyone has different needs and desires in what they expect from a carrier. Based on that posters experiences they say that Att will stay strong. Based on my experiences, I say Att is in for a big reality check. I listed my reasons why I think that, as did the poster I quoted. We can disagree, it's what makes America great...

And as for your, "just because people b*tch doesnt mean anything" sentence I couldn't disagree with more. People complaining does mean everything, when a product or service doesn't work as expected we get pissed. It's these carriers job to make sure our complaints are kept to a minimum.

I did do a little carrier news googling, and one of the very first links, from last week even, was this...

Consumer Reports Electronics Blog: Consumer Reports cell-service Ratings: AT&T is the worst carrier
    Last edited by ridesno159; 12-15-10 at 08:35 PM.
    12-15-10 08:33 PM

We have an iPhone on AT&T and a BB on Verizon. The plans are exactly the sane price except an extra $3 per month to VZW for visual voicemail. AT&T has rollover minutes and VZW has friends and family. F&F is a MUCH better deal than rollover minutes. Also, for anyone joining now, VZW's data packages are a WAY better dealm. Anyway, my point is it is basically a wash on price.

But here's the real dividing factor. VZW service is more solid and more reliable in far more places. Anyone who travels a lot, especially via road, will back me up on this. Yes, AT&T is OK here in the city, but once you get away from the city VZW wins big.

What I'm really waiting for though is being able to replace our iPhone with a VZW model so we can get on the family plan. Will save us about $50 per month!

12-15-10 09:31 PM
    Did you not read my post, like towards the end? Everyone has different needs and desires in what they expect from a carrier. Based on that posters experiences they say that Att will stay strong. Based on my experiences, I say Att is in for a big reality check. I listed my reasons why I think that, as did the poster I quoted. We can disagree, it's what makes America great...

And as for your, "just because people b*tch doesnt mean anything" sentence I couldn't disagree with more. People complaining does mean everything, when a product or service doesn't work as expected we get pissed. It's these carriers job to make sure our complaints are kept to a minimum.

I did do a little carrier news googling, and one of the very first links, from last week even, was this...

Consumer Reports Electronics Blog: Consumer Reports cell-service Ratings: AT&T is the worst carrier
    The point is people will b*tch just to b*tch. I'm sure everyone here has seen it somewhere before. Just like fanboys around here towards devices there are plenty of carrier fanboys or people who've never even used a carrier to know who judge just to judge. How many timees have you heard "oh ATT sucks" from people who have never even used ATT to know and just regurgitate the media?

And Consumer Reports means little. They aren't "the people" by any means nor can any "study" ever represent every person. 58,000 people out of 200+ million US cell users isn't a full representation, nor is the fact that they were only CR readers whose voice counted.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 12-15-10 at 10:45 PM.
    12-15-10 10:40 PM

I thought I heard that verizon was changing there data tiers first quarter coming up

Hmm maybe I'm wrong

We shall see what verizon offers soon enough
    12-15-10 10:44 PM
    The point is people will b*tch just to b*tch. I'm sure everyone here has seen it somewhere before.

And Consumer Reports means little. They aren't "the people" by any means nor can any "study" ever represent every person. Further, studies are suspicious towards certain biases per who pays ad revenue to them.
    Spoken like a true iPhone user, I'm proud of you, ignore and belittle the studies and articles that you don't agree with...

People do b*tch to b*tch, but the fact is that when enough people do complain there must be some truth to it.

How long has Consumer Reports been around? They wouldn't still be around if they have always put out what they sponsors wanted them to and not the truth, which consumers expect of them. I agree that they're not as relevant anymore as they use to be, but they still do their studies well with as little bias as they possibly can. They provide a much better overall sample of the population than most other agencies do. You can't tell me there's a better agency around that puts out studies that are as unbiased as they are.

And remember, you're the one who told me to go searching for for something. Feel free to post up some other articles or studies that find the opposite of what Consumer Reports found. I just won't be seeing it because you're now another ignored, close-minded, and ignorant Apple/Att fanboy who just can't seem to pull their head out of their a$$ long enough to see what is really happening. Feel free to do the same for me...
    12-15-10 11:19 PM
    I thought I heard that verizon was changing there data tiers first quarter coming up

Hmm maybe I'm wrong

We shall see what verizon offers soon enough
    They could be, but nobody really knows for sure yet. And if/when they do it will be for their plans on the new LTE network, not for their 3G network (like Att).
    12-15-10 11:25 PM
    Spoken like a true iPhone user, I'm proud of you, ignore and belittle the studies and articles that you don't agree with...

People do b*tch to b*tch, but the fact is that when enough people do complain there must be some truth to it.

How long has Consumer Reports been around? They wouldn't still be around if they have always put out what they sponsors wanted them to and not the truth, which consumers expect of them. I agree that they're not as relevant anymore as they use to be, but they still do their studies well with as little bias as they possibly can. They provide a much better overall sample of the population than most other agencies do. You can't tell me there's a better agency around that puts out studies that are as unbiased as they are.

And remember, you're the one who told me to go searching for for something. Feel free to post up some other articles or studies that find the opposite of what Consumer Reports found. I just won't be seeing it because you're now another ignored, close-minded, and ignorant Apple/Att fanboy who just can't seem to pull their head out of their a$$ long enough to see what is really happening. Feel free to do the same for me...
    Yes, I'm such an Apple fanboy that I switched to Tmo and Android about a week ago

Get a grip bud and try not flaming to make a poor rebuttal argument.
    12-16-10 01:41 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD