I'm currently having major issues with my Blackberry Curve 8900. My contract isn't up until June, so I've considered purchasing a used iPhone 3GS. (They seem to be the cheapest and I'd like to try one out before buying an iPhone 4). How difficult is it going to be to switch to an iPhone? Will I have to call ATT, or is it a simple matter of putting my SIM card into the new phone? Will I still be able to upgrade in June? Or will activating a used phone count as the upgrade? Thanks in advance for your help!
    04-14-11 05:24 PM
    You should be able to just put your sim card in the used iPhone. And yes you should be able to still upgrade in June.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-11 05:41 PM
    Your upgrade will not be effected at all by doing this.

The only thing that might be of an issue is keeping your unlimited plan if you currently have one. You won't be able to change your BlackBerry Data plan to a Smartphone and keep that unlimited plan. Now, the BlackBerry plan should be compatible with the iPhone, just not vice versa, I don't know if any issues will arise using the BlackBerry plan with the iPhone though.

I would just switch the SIM cards and see what happens, if there's any issues setting it up or using it then call Att.

If you don't have one of their grandfathered unlimited plans then I would call them to switch the data plans, because then you shouldn't have any issues at all, not that you would have any to begin with...
    04-14-11 05:41 PM
    I have done this. I switched phones from BB8900 to an Iphone 3G. I called ATT and had my data package switched from BB to Iphone. There is no charge for this (or at least in my case). If you don't get it switched then you wont have full use of the Iphone (ie 3G speed vs Edge).
    Also, tell them it is a used phone and not an upgrade. You will still be eligible when your time is due
    Hope this helps.

Dan
    Last edited by dr_kill_62; 04-17-11 at 11:42 AM.
    04-17-11 11:40 AM
    I'm currently having major issues with my Blackberry Curve 8900. My contract isn't up until June, so I've considered purchasing a used iPhone 3GS. (They seem to be the cheapest and I'd like to try one out before buying an iPhone 4). How difficult is it going to be to switch to an iPhone? Will I have to call ATT, or is it a simple matter of putting my SIM card into the new phone? Will I still be able to upgrade in June? Or will activating a used phone count as the upgrade? Thanks in advance for your help!
    I think the only thing you would have to to is call AT&T and tell them that you want to switch to the iPhone data plan. U can keep your current sim card.
    04-29-11 12:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD