Hi all,
    I recently purchased a used 3G 16GB that is jailbroken with quite a bit of apps already on it. I know if I hook up to itunes it is going to want to erase everything because it is not synced to my library/account. Is there any way to avoid this or am I stuck doing this and reloading everything. Also, if I let itunes do its thing, will I have to jailbreak the phone again? I'm also not using the newest version of itunes, should I be? Sorry for the noob question, first iphone to play with. Still got my bold 9000 too though. Thanks for any help.

Brandon
    12-24-09 09:36 AM
    what are you trying to load up?? music and videos?? you can still load stuff up without restoring it. I sync mine to my work and home computer. NO problems. Give it a try.
    12-24-09 12:17 PM
    Hi all,
    I recently purchased a used 3G 16GB that is jailbroken with quite a bit of apps already on it. I know if I hook up to itunes it is going to want to erase everything because it is not synced to my library/account. Is there any way to avoid this or am I stuck doing this and reloading everything. Also, if I let itunes do its thing, will I have to jailbreak the phone again? I'm also not using the newest version of itunes, should I be? Sorry for the noob question, first iphone to play with. Still got my bold 9000 too though. Thanks for any help.

Brandon
    It will erase everything on the phone and install what you have in itunes! The only way to stop that is to get the original owners itunes login and password and authorize your pc for that account.
    12-24-09 01:13 PM
    That's what I was afraid of. Dang you Apple! Lovin the phone though. Can't believe I waited soo long to get one. I'm not going to ask anyone for their account info so I'm stuck wiping it. Will it completely wipe removing OS and all or just the apps and music that's currently on it. Also, can you download apps directly to itunes and install to the phone? After it erases what's on the phone will I have to jailbreak again? Thanks again for the help, big iphone noob here.
    12-24-09 02:37 PM
    That's what I was afraid of. Dang you Apple! Lovin the phone though. Can't believe I waited soo long to get one. I'm not going to ask anyone for their account info so I'm stuck wiping it. Will it completely wipe removing OS and all or just the apps and music that's currently on it. Also, can you download apps directly to itunes and install to the phone? After it erases what's on the phone will I have to jailbreak again? Thanks again for the help, big iphone noob here.
    Will not update the OS unless you say to. Even if it does, all you need to do is go to Blackra1n.com and download Blackra1n and run it to jailbreak the phone. Yes you can download apps through itunes and/or iphone.
    12-24-09 05:55 PM
    I synced last night. It didn't remove any apps only the music and videos, which I wasn't worried about anyway. Thanks for the help and Merry Christmas to everyone!
    12-25-09 11:48 AM
    Glad it went the way you wanted.
    12-28-09 10:51 AM
    Yes you can still sync without issues. Just don't do any SW updates or restore the phone and you'll be fine.
    01-08-10 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD