I used it during my free trial period when I used to be jail broken on my 3GS. It
    worked fine. Just depends what your coverage is like.
    09-16-10 07:17 PM

There isn't a BB out there with a screen that even comes close to the iPhone4, even the 9700.
    ...and that's the truth.
    09-16-10 09:25 PM
    I really like my iPhone 4. I've had all sorts of smartphones, win mo, BlackBerry, Android...and the iPhone 4 is been my favorite. The screen is what gets me every time.
    09-16-10 10:03 PM
    I have to agree with Brandon. The battery on ip4 is fantastic considering what this phone could do...and the display...just amazing. I wouldn't say better then my 9700 but pretty close... i also seem to be using it more then my 9700...but definitely better then 9000 and 8900 i used.

Great phone im sure you will enjoy it. People still have the mind set from the 3g iphone that was missing a lot and couldn't last more then 5 hours. But it's not the case anymore.... Apple made some serious improvements on this one... enough to get me off the crack

QUOTE=CrackberryBrandon;5586219]Yea someone said in an earlier post get ready to be charging your iPhone a lot. I don't know if this person ever had personal experience with an iPhone 4 but the battery is actually very good. You won't need to be charging it a lot. Maybe that was a joke but it's not true.
    Its a ton better than any BB out there. Vs. the 9700- Bigger screen, 3.5 inch vs 2.44 inch; More pixels, 640x960 vs 480x360; Better screen tech, IPS vs TFT.

Its not even a comparison. There's not a single spec thats better on the 9700, the best BB screen out.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 09-16-10 at 11:18 PM.
    09-16-10 11:15 PM
    did any of you guys use a program to transfer all your contacts, pictures, music etc?

i want to be able to transfer all my contacts, data, (even emails if possible) smoothly to the iphone 4 from the blackberry bold 9000 (os 5.0)

how did you all manage to do that?
    09-18-10 07:00 PM
    I'm on Tmo and totally agree with My. It's a great program. No more cords! Rock is now taken over by Cydia so you can find it on Cydia once you jailbreak.
    09-18-10 07:24 PM
    kinda hard to understand you michelle sorry - are you replying to my post?
    09-18-10 07:51 PM
    Actually, my iPhone 4 has WAY battery life than my 9000. Now, with my 9700, the battery life was pretty close to my iPhone.

Whatever I thought I would "miss" after leaving RIM has been long forgotten. I am by NO means a BB basher...I love them, but I love my iPhone 4 more. I'm so glad I made the move.

Congrats on the switch!
    ^^What she said, perfectly!
    09-19-10 08:47 AM
    The battery for the iphone 4 is far superior than my 3G and 3GS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-10 08:58 AM
    has anyone gotten the facebook app to link with iphone contacts like on the blackberry?

or is there an app for this?
    09-21-10 02:14 PM
    has anyone gotten the facebook app to link with iphone contacts like on the blackberry?

or is there an app for this?
    There are many apps that can do that. I use one called Vringo. It will sync photos and stuff with it.
    09-21-10 02:28 PM
    Going back to the topic. For all those who are on the fence on upgrading for an iphone 4 this month. Are you sure you want it in Black? Coz the white one might just pop up anytime around Thanksgiving.

09-21-10 04:11 PM
    Going back to the topic. For all those who are on the fence on upgrading for an iphone 4 this month. Are you sure you want it in Black? Coz the white one might just pop up anytime around Thanksgiving.

This brings to mind something I've been thinking about, and it's just my opinion, so please nobody get offended. Why in the world would anyone have a $600 device and not have it in a protective case of some kind? If you do, then it doesn't matter what color the back is, because it's covered up by the case. LOL. Maybe I'm just too particular about my devices, I have never used one without a case on it. Too OCD I guess. This wasn't directed at you Mark, your post just brought this to mind.
    09-21-10 05:58 PM
    This brings to mind something I've been thinking about, and it's just my opinion, so please nobody get offended. Why in the world would anyone have a $600 device and not have it in a protective case of some kind? If you do, then it doesn't matter what color the back is, because it's covered up by the case. LOL. Maybe I'm just too particular about my devices, I have never used one without a case on it. Too OCD I guess. This wasn't directed at you Mark, your post just brought this to mind.
    I'm one of those people who go caseless. I'm not offended at all. Because I carry my phone in my pocket, I like my phone to be as less bulky as possible, and caseless is a means to that end. Back when I had feature phones, one of my favorites was the Moto V70 because of it's small size. I also loved my Nokia 8800 because it was so slim.

I understand the risks of going without a case. I've been lucky though, and I don't remember ever breaking one by dropping it. I dropped my i4 the first week I got it, but it survived just fine with only a couple of scratches.

Anyway, I understand people's preferences to keep their phone in a case. It does keep it cleaner and protects from damage. I'm willing to make the trade off though to have a smaller device.
    09-21-10 06:19 PM
    My OCD is bad when it comes to my expensive toys! It is in a case completely protected and I keep a microfiber cloth in my purse. I'm a nurse and I won't even touch my phone until I've washed my hands! In 2 years it will look exactly the way it did when I got it.
    09-21-10 06:52 PM
    I completely understand your point.. but i'm with RooZilla on going naked..
    i guess.. we like to go commando on this one

even with the 3GS.. i like how it slides on my hand and into my jeans..
    having a protective case. ( which i did in 3G days) only collected dust on the phone.. and some fabric from my pants.
    09-21-10 07:15 PM
    I never used a case for any phone i ever owned. Not offended by your opinion . But for me it doesn't make sense to cover up a phone. it looks great "naked". I tried the bumper and even that killed the look of it for me.
    All i need my phone to do is last for 1 year (i change phones yearly). Maybe if i considered reselling my phone i would want to take care of it... but i don't care about that... i usually give it to a family member or friend.
    Would you cover a 5k watch? lol probably no... but it's 10x the price of the iphone and chances are you are planing to keep that watch for years.

09-21-10 07:27 PM
    You guys are just a lot braver than I am-LOL. Funny thing is, Ive only dropped my device like one time in the last three years, but boy was I glad I had a Seidio on it, it hit the tile in the bathroom, case came apart, battery door flew off, battery with it, but my Berry was untouched. Just thinking about it makes me somewhat nauseated. hahaha
    09-21-10 07:53 PM
    Lol. I dropped the ip4 like 5 times now. But nothing serious like you. Hope that day never comes. Lol.
    09-21-10 08:01 PM
    Hey guys, I'm upgrading to the iPhone tomorrow. Should I go into the Mac store or an AT&T store? I heard I might get a different warranty with Apple?
    09-27-10 12:06 AM
    Battery life too if you are a heavy user so get use to charging the iPhone 4 a lot :P
    iPhone 4 battery is actually very good, lasts me over a day; may not sound like a lot but much better than iPhone, iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS.
    09-27-10 07:21 AM
    Hey guys, I'm upgrading to the iPhone tomorrow. Should I go into the Mac store or an AT&T store? I heard I might get a different warranty with Apple?
    even if you get it at an AT&T store, your warranty is with Apple.
    so it doesn't really matter whether you get it from Apple store, apple.com or AT&T store or ATT.com
    09-27-10 11:00 AM
    even if you get it at an AT&T store, your warranty is with Apple.
    so it doesn't really matter whether you get it from Apple store, apple.com or AT&T store or ATT.com
    Correct. It's called Apple Care. It is HIGHLY recommended.
    09-27-10 12:19 PM
    Correct. It's called Apple Care. It is HIGHLY recommended.
    Yes, the service is very good. I just got another replacement. The first one had the yellow spot thing and wouldn't go away. The second one had issues with the proximity sensor. Made the appointments, both was in and out within 10 minutes.
    Last edited by Roo Zilla; 09-27-10 at 01:43 PM.
    09-27-10 01:41 PM
    Any of you waive the silly $18 upgrade fee?
    09-27-10 03:03 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD