I have 2 lines with att and on my moms line she's eligible for a full upgrade. If I buy an iphone with her upgrade can I then call, let's say 2 days later and say the phone broke and tell them she will be using her old phone and then remove the data plan?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-10 12:46 PM
    Doesn't matter. Once the system sees you're using the iphone again (and they will, by the imei of the phone on the network), they'll auto-add the data plan again.

03-06-10 05:36 PM
    Just have your mom call and tell them she is going back to her old phone. She will have to pay a prorated amount of the data plan but it won't be on future bills. As the other poster said ATT will see that one line has the iPhone and put an iPhone data plan on that line at 30 a month, there is no way to get around it, as soon as your sim hits the iPhone they can tell.
    03-06-10 08:13 PM
    Well my dad is using his iPhone without a data plan. He had my uncle call and cancel it.

03-06-10 08:30 PM
    Well my dad is using his iPhone without a data plan. He had my uncle call and cancel it.

ATT will add an iPhone data plan to any account that has an iPhone on it. Don't take my word for it though, call ATT and ask them. ATT now requires a data plan for any and all smartphones and there is no way to get around it. I know this for a fact as it happened when I gave my Mom my old Curve just last week. She did not want a data plan but within 24hrs got a txt from ATT telling her that they put and BIS plan on her account.
    03-07-10 01:14 AM
    ATT will add an iPhone data plan to any account that has an iPhone on it. Don't take my word for it though, call ATT and ask them. ATT now requires a data plan for any and all smartphones and there is no way to get around it. I know this for a fact as it happened when I gave my Mom my old Curve just last week. She did not want a data plan but within 24hrs got a txt from ATT telling her that they put and BIS plan on her account.
    Well that's strange. Maybe it's because he's using a 2G? He's had his without a data plan for about 4-5 months. I don't think they ever added one on his account or else he wouldn't be using his iPhone.
    03-07-10 03:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD