Okay, here's my situation:
    My family has 3 iphones. 2 are eligible for an upgrade, 1 is not. Say I upgrade the 2 eligible iphones to the iphone 4.

Could I switch the number of the non-eligible iphone with one of the iphones 4's?

I know with almost any other phone it would be as simple as switching the SIM card, but the microSIM poses a problem. Could I take the phones to an ATT stote for new SIMs? Would they be okay with the switch?

Thanks
    06-08-10 09:28 PM
    AT&T will not let you upgrade a different line and then switch the sim/number or at least that is what they told my wife. She had to wait until her line was available for an upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-10 09:42 PM
    I spoke to AT&T today about that and they said, they could switch it at the store. They really don't care which line you use the phone on as long as you sign hat 2 year agreement, they could care less what you do with the phone. Just go to the store and get it done or get a SIM trimmer that will perfectly cut a standard SIM to microSIM size. That's what I am going to do because I don't want to go anywhere near an AT&T store on launch day.

I actually bought a microSIm card cutter off eBay for this purpose. So hopefully it works as designed.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 06-08-10 at 10:41 PM.
    06-08-10 10:10 PM
    AT&T will not let you upgrade a different line and then switch the sim/number or at least that is what they told my wife. She had to wait until her line was available for an upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Not sure who she spoke to but I do this all the time. I've upgraded several times on any of my 5 lines and switched the phones. For instance, I used my wife's upgrade last year to get the 3GS and once I activated it, put my SIM in there and called AT&T to switch the IMEI and they did it no problem.
    06-08-10 10:11 PM
    I am going to use my spouse's upgrade to get the new iphone and he will have my 3GS
    06-08-10 11:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD