FYI, I posted this on the Android forum and on androidforums as well in the Captivate thread (with no response).

I'm eligible for upgrade on AT&T and looking for advice on my next phone. I was waiting for the BB 9800 but after reveal last week I'm disappointed in the screen resolution and lack of HD video recording.

There are a few things I do every day with my phone that I can't give up (at least without a compelling reason to):

1. When creating new meeting requests, being able to look at my coworkers' calendars availability to pick suitable meeting times
    2. Running MS Office Communicator as an IM tool as it's required at work, and all other IM clients are firewalled out
    3. Two way sync of Outlook "notes" (don't need tasks).

##1 and 3 are critical.

Will the iPhone allow me to do the above (even if it means going to the App Store)? And if so, what apps to I need?

Between the two forums, I had about 150 reads of my post and no response, so I'm pretty sure it's impossible on Android.

Thanks
    08-09-10 04:23 PM
    1. I'm not 100% sure if you can view other's calendars. I know with google you can subscribe to user's calendars but I'm not sure how it works on enterprise.

2. iDialog: iPhone App for the Microsoft Office Communications Server (OCS)

3. Yes
    08-09-10 04:48 PM
    what app do i need to sync outlook "notes"?
    08-09-10 05:13 PM
    what app do i need to sync outlook "notes"?
    No app. It syncs directly with outlook notes to the notes app already on the iPhone.
    08-09-10 05:45 PM
    i thought Active Sync with exchange will only sync mail, contacts, and calendar wirelessly?! It does notes too? and if so, how do you set it up, because it's not on the active sync configuration page (see below).

From Apple:

08-09-10 06:18 PM
    i thought Active Sync with exchange will only sync mail, contacts, and calendar wirelessly?! It does notes too? and if so, how do you set it up, because it's not on the active sync configuration page (see below).

From Apple:

Oh, I didn't know you meant wireless sync. I'm not sure how that works with enterprise. I know there are some paid apps out there but they are expensive. I don't know what the solutions are for wireless syncing over exchange.
    08-09-10 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD