So I Jailbroke my 4S and was messing around with it. I'm using v.3 of Absinthe.

In the midst of doing so, I turned off the phone because I thought my work email was connecting properly (even though it's just slow sometimes).

When I turned my phone back on, it had reset to factory defaults and I couldn't access Cydia even though the icon was still there.

I then opened up iTunes and restored to last night.

After I restored, I tried plugging back into Absinthe to re-jailbreak....however, it said i was still Jailbroken.

I looked and all my JB settings and apps were now accessible even though I just restored my phone to a point where it was jailbroken.

How is this possible?
    Last edited by kevs; 01-25-12 at 02:41 PM.
    01-25-12 02:38 PM
    So just reading around, it sounds like I'm describing a semi-tethered Jailbreak?

This is not possible as the JB for the 4S comes only as "untethered", right?
    01-25-12 09:39 PM
    KEVS all iDevices are now "untethered" check out modmyi.com greenpois0n etc...
    01-26-12 08:23 AM
    Okay, so things kind of got back to how they were and I've been having some fun...

Tonight, I installed "OpenBackup" to backup my JB apps and settings.

This was the last thing I installed before Cydia stopped opening. Now, I touch the Cydia icon and it will look like it's about to load and then it goes back to the folder that it's in.

Any advice?
    01-27-12 12:22 AM
    Do a reboot first. If that doesn't work the old lock button home button hold them down until you see the apple logo.
    01-27-12 09:35 AM
    I ended up wiping, reinstalling 5.0.1, restore, re-jailbreak.

I didn't have too much in the JB, so I figured what the hey...
    01-28-12 10:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD