Hello. I currently have an unlocked 2g iPhone with 2.2.1 running. When I try to download apps from the app store, it says that I need to upgrade the software. Will I be able to do that without locking my iPhone back up? Also, if possible, is that just through iTunes? My app store is also showing up on Chinese but all my language settings are in English. Any tips? I did search but I didn't find anything. Thanks for the help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 04:06 PM
    Hello. I currently have an unlocked 2g iPhone with 2.2.1 running. When I try to download apps from the app store, it says that I need to upgrade the software. Will I be able to do that without locking my iPhone back up? Also, if possible, is that just through iTunes? My app store is also showing up on Chinese but all my language settings are in English. Any tips? I did search but I didn't find anything. Thanks for the help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You can upgrade it to the latest software using iTunes. After that is done
    you will need to go to blackweather to re-jailbreak the phone. Once
    blackra1n is installed on the phone hit the icon and install the unlock tool.
    I believe it's called blacksn0w.
    12-09-09 07:28 PM
    What do you mean by JAILBREAK phone? Im new to iphone?
    12-16-09 10:31 PM
    when u upgrade your software, your phone will be restricted and will have to be activated again. jailbreak breaks free from the activation period. I dont think you need to unlock your phone again. you just have to jailbreak. So upgrade to 3.1.2 and go to the website that forever29 has posted and download the exe.
    12-22-09 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD