I just received this e-mail from Apple stating that a purchase had been made on my account that I did not make. Here is the e-mail:

Dear **********,

Your Apple ID, *********, was just used to purchase WangShuo's Books Collection from the App Store on a computer or device that had not previously been associated with that Apple ID.

If you made this purchase, you can disregard this email. It was only sent to alert you in case you did not make the purchase yourself.

If you did not make this purchase, we recommend that you go to iforgot.apple.com to change your password, then see Apple ID: Tips for protecting the security of your account for further assistance.

Regards,
    Apple
    I reset my password and everything, but there is nothing in the e-mail or site where I can report this unauthorized purchase. Any suggestions or help resolving this issue would be very appreciated.

Thanks
    10-20-11 01:04 PM
    Sorry, I'm new to Apple so googled out of curiosity. Go here, see the post with instructions at the bottom, dated 12/22/2008 posted by iTunes Wizard: https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

I'm curious, do you have a PayPal acct, Credit or Debit Card registered with iTunes? I only buy the iTunes cards sold in stores and make purchases with those. It seemed like an extra security measure, so if someone hacks in, they aren't going to get much, I purchase cards in small denominations, like $15.00.

Good luck getting it straightened out.
    10-20-11 02:05 PM
    I only have iTunes cards as well. I just loaded a $15 one over the weekend and the purchase was for $10, so I lost some of that amount. I know its not a large amount to lose but if I can get it back, I would like too. Thanks for the link, I have come across so many doing searches and it is difficult to sort through all of them. I finally got through Apple's support site to send an e-mail to report the unauthorized purchase. I will update once I get a response.
    10-21-11 07:24 AM
    I'm kind of shocked but not. Guess if they're gonna hack in, they're gonna take whatever is there to take.

Be sure to post back what happens, please? I'm curious.
    10-23-11 06:01 AM
    I was able to get in contact with Apple support. They disabled my account and refunded the amount to that account. I then had to respond to their e-mail stating a recent purchase and/or order number that I had made using the account to get my account re-activated. Once I had my account re-activated, I again went through an changed my password and security question just to be safe and now my account is back to normal and I was able to get the unauthorized purchase credited back to my account. So, all is well.
    10-24-11 10:08 AM
    Good news, and it's nice Apple support helped you out with that so quickly! Will tuck this away for future reference if ever needed, thanks!
    10-24-11 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD