All i have to say - I love checking out some mac sites because i'm a pretty hardcore mac user - but a rim user when it comes to phones. **** my girlfriend has dropped her iphone for the torch cuz she loves it so much.

But this article is hilllllarrious.

BlackBerry takes symbolic hit as UberTwitter reaches iPhone | Electronista

BlackBerry takes symbolic hit as UberTwitter reaches iPhone
    updated 12:45 pm EST, Wed November 24, 2010UberTwitter for iPhone hurts BlackBerry

RIM encountered a symbolic loss today as longstanding BlackBerry app UberTwitter reached the iPhone. The beta version arrives on Apple's platform both with most of the familiar Twitter feature support but also with extras that aren't possible on BlackBerry phones. Rotating the phone invokes UberView, a landscape mode that shows the timeline and linked content from an update at the same time; the individual message and the content can also be seen in portrait mode.
    The download remains free and should be available as a finished version by mid-December. Feedback during the beta, along with a handful of missing features, should roll into the 1.0 release.

Company CEO Paul McDonald explained the move as a reaction to the iPhone overtaking the BlackBerry. Apple's launch of the iPhone 4 helped it get a rare but possibly sustainable lead over RIM in the US, helped in part by many former BlackBerry users switching either to iPhones or to Android.

"Given the iPhones growing dominance among smartphone users, we wanted to extend our product offering to its users while making sure our app offered features that would complement the platforms unique functionality," McDonald said.

UberTwitter was one of the first Twitter apps for the BlackBerry and is still considered one of its most important titles, with virtually all of the nine million downloads so far going to the platform. A decision to port the app to the iPhone may reflect mounting frustration with a lack of growth and attention in BlackBerry App World. The store only just started shipping pre-loaded on BlackBerry phones this summer and reached 10,000 apps a year and a half into its existence, 50 percent slower than Android and three times slower than iOS.

Read more: BlackBerry takes symbolic hit as UberTwitter reaches iPhone | Electronista
    ROSES5682 likes this.
    11-24-10 08:50 PM
    I have to "cool story, bro" on you for this one.
    11-24-10 11:36 PM
    well the ubertwitter app for iphone is too busy.
    11-25-10 09:03 PM
    Its a .1 beta give it a break.

How many version were released for BB before they got it to the stage its at now on BB? 10? 20? more?
    11-25-10 10:20 PM
    The iPhone version isn't that bad IMO......
    11-26-10 02:23 AM
    How is this going to affect BlackBerry again? Unless they're thinking of stopping development for BB.

And probably the only reason UberTwitter was so successful is because it's the only decent (aside from the official BlackBerry one) Twitter app out there for BlackBerry, and ultimately just became the default Twitter app for most BlackBerry users.

The iPhone on the other hand - have many, many great Twitter apps. In iOS UberTwitter won't be as successful.
    11-26-10 04:09 AM
    A Twitter app that is better on BB is a big loss for RIM?

Not sure I really follow that logic.
    11-26-10 11:26 AM
    Agreed with the last two posters. TweetDeck is only one example of the amount of options iPhone users have for twitter clients. Second, is the idea of consolidating social networking services effectively into one application. I stopped using the stock twitter app, and mainly use TweetDeck
    11-26-10 12:49 PM
    It is just a bit surprising to me. Never thought I'd see UberTwitter on another platform.
    But now that I think about it, never did I see it advertised as BlackBerry exclusive.
    Probably won't be too long before they make a version for Android.
    11-26-10 01:44 PM
    Love it on my BB so thanks for the headsup guys! Downloading it on my iPhone as I'm typing this.
    12-02-10 04:07 AM
    I think developers understand the how important having a multi-platform dynamic is for revenue and given the 3 major ones are close to one another as posted by Nilsen, i am not surprised of ubertwitter move. I am not sure but in my case whenever i hear about a cool app on an specific platform i hope (most times come to expect) there's a version for my device.
    12-02-10 04:04 PM
    I can't believe a company that makes and sells software would try to appeal to as many platforms as possible. I'm shocked, I tell you!!!
    12-02-10 04:10 PM
    it sucks on the iphone though, and is totally different.
    amen!!! :d
    12-02-10 06:25 PM
    Its terrible on iPhone. deleted it right after install
    12-04-10 12:39 AM
    Give it a chance guys. We know the developers made a great app for the BB and they
    deserve some time to spruce things up. Let's not dismiss it right away. Give them a
    chance.
    12-14-10 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD