Hello everybody!
    do you guys have a hard time typing on the touch screen?
    i find myself having a lot of mistakes and ive had my ipod touch for 3 years (yes i know i should invest in a newer one)
    its hard for me because its weird not actually feeling a click. does anyine else
    have trouble with this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-10 08:44 PM
    i do. thats the reason i own a bb. i sometimes cant even read the texts my friends send me with their iphone so we are not alone
    02-03-10 01:48 AM
    I can just as fast on my iphone as I can on my 9700. I was good on it just after 1 day
    02-03-10 01:53 AM
    I type faster on my iphone than any other phone I've ever had.
    02-03-10 02:06 AM
    It took me a few days to get the right 'touch' or 'feel' for how the keypad responds. (as in how much pressure or force is needed to register a key tap). Next, I learned what part of my thumbs actually touches the screen in portrait and landscape modes.

During the first week, I typed slowly, and deliberately, as I learned this.
    Now sometimes I go faster than the device can handle and get a lag.

I've never considered myself a fast typed, or even a good typer.

Have you ever taken the time to consciously 'learn' the keypad?
    If not, maybe that might help.
    02-03-10 05:33 AM
    I type fast on my iPod Touch or well my little brothers iPod touch.
    I can tell because it makes that clicking noise.
    02-03-10 05:38 AM
    After about 6 months with the 3GS (my first iPhone), I still make frequent typos, even in landscape mode. It takes a second to correct the typos. Not enough for me to scrap the touchscreen keyboard though. I was never a fast typer, so it probably does not matter.
    02-03-10 06:03 AM
    I type faster on my iPhone than I ever did on my BB 8320 and my 8830 (work phone). I prefer to type in landscape mode. I love the auto correct too which the BB's don't have.
    02-03-10 06:32 AM
    When I first got my first iPhone I had problems at first because I was used to the feel of the keys as I did on my Blackberry but after few days I got used to it and now I have fewer typo's. I too like the auto correct only if I am typing in english. The
    auto correct has problems if I type in Romanian (even when I switch my language in settings to Romanian)..
    02-03-10 08:14 AM
    I type faster on my iPhone than I ever did on my BB 8320 and my 8830 (work phone). I prefer to type in landscape mode. I love the auto correct too which the BB's don't have.
    Some of the Storm leaks have AutoCorrect but it's usually more of a hassle than a help, I find. It usually corrects words I already spelled correctly into other words, ie. Try into yet. I just keep mine off as I don't really make enough mistakes on my Storm to warrant it. However on my iPod Touch if I DIDN'T have AutoCorrect I think people would think I was having a seizure. Big thumbs are not your friend on iAnything.

02-03-10 09:18 AM
    I seem to type better when I turn the little clicking sound on. I believe it's mental.

I typed pretty fast on my Storm but that was with SureType or whatever it is called. Autocorrect on the iPhone is pretty good too. My typing on the iPhone in landscape is very efficient.
    02-03-10 09:58 AM
    the iphone is currently the best typing touch-screen because of the multi touch, anyways it would be a lot nicer if you could use the large keyboard available in the browser when you tilt the phone.
    02-04-10 02:06 PM
    If you are having trouble typing you can get a few apps to help. There is one that makes the more used letters bigger. Another one, only for jailbreak I believe, vibrates every time you touch a button.
    02-04-10 03:31 PM
    Hello everybody!
    do you guys have a hard time typing on the touch screen?
    i find myself having a lot of mistakes and ive had my ipod touch for 3 years (yes i know i should invest in a newer one)
    its hard for me because its weird not actually feeling a click. does anyine else
    have trouble with this?

I find typing on the iPhone very convenient... it's just a learning curve.
    02-05-10 10:08 AM
    Typing on the iphone is effortless compared to other devices. I can type faster than on other devices as a lot of you guys have said. It is pretty accurate too. I have a 3gs that i switch to here and there.
    02-05-10 11:57 AM
    I honestly suck at typing on touch screens but found the Iphone to be fairly easy. I still make mistakes, but no more or less than I did with a blackberry or full QWERTY
    02-05-10 12:07 PM
    the only reason i miss my bberry is the keypad. i suck at typing on the iphone so far.
    02-06-10 12:10 PM
    thanks everybody for your opinions. its true landscape is SO much easier and i would defs consider the iphone but im a blackberry person amd i would probably regret it even if i loved which i probs would lol.
    thanks again everybody!

02-15-10 08:47 AM

In landscape mode there is nothing easier then a iPhone.
    Even in potrait mode I find it easier then a BB.

02-15-10 10:14 AM
    i agree. I was using my 9700 again and my god its really hard to type on it compared to my iphone.
    02-15-10 01:37 PM
    It took me like a week to used to typing on the iPhone, now I am just as fast as I was on my old Curve.
    02-15-10 01:41 PM
    Once you get the hang of the virtual keyboard its very efficient, and effortless.

What makes it even more awesome is how amazing it is at predicting your typing!
    02-15-10 01:44 PM
    Compared to the Droid or the Storm 2, typing on an iPhone is an absolute dream.

I can type as fast as I could on any BB with a keyboard with no noticable increase in typos.
    02-15-10 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD