My Storm with the OS upgrade was working pretty well but it still had some glitches. The surepress screen...you had to hit it a couple of times to get it to register the action you wanted. Just a small pain but a pain. The app store is new and will get better but for now it's just not that easy to use and doesn't have the functional layout the Apple App Store has.

Overall, the Storm was ok but like I said...it's not an iPhone. The iPhone seems easier to use, has a well defined App Store, and does just about everything I need.

I won't be going back to a BB anytime soon....
    07-06-09 09:33 AM
    Congrats on the iPhone. It is a great device. Which one did you get?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 11:06 AM
    My Storm with the OS upgrade was working pretty well but it still had some glitches. The surepress screen...you had to hit it a couple of times to get it to register the action you wanted. Just a small pain but a pain. The app store is new and will get better but for now it's just not that easy to use and doesn't have the functional layout the Apple App Store has.

Overall, the Storm was ok but like I said...it's not an iPhone. The iPhone seems easier to use, has a well defined App Store, and does just about everything I need.

Yeah I won't be going blackberry until I see something new from the UI and OS. Right now, it's the same ol stuff just on a slightly different device. They actually have a thread up asking which 5 apps will you put on your Tour first. And I'm like, the same apps that were on my other blackberry. It's nothing new for this phone.
    07-06-09 12:19 PM
    I just got the iPhone 3GS and I'm about to turn off my 8900 with TMO. It's been a REAL tough decision because I love the BB and the texting and emailing features. But, overall the iPhone works better with apps and web needs.
    07-06-09 12:34 PM
    I just paid the ETF fee for verizon. I'm having no issues with ATT coverage. It was just a bunch of verizon hoopla about "best coverage".
    07-06-09 02:24 PM
    I just paid the ETF fee for verizon. I'm having no issues with ATT coverage. It was just a bunch of verizon hoopla about "best coverage".
    LOL. Yup, it all depends on where you live. I haven't experienced any loss in coverage since the change last year. What I found to be ironic was at my job, VZW still held a signal in the elevator but at my desk, the service goes down to 1x..... but with ATT I get no signal in the elevator at all, but I hold at least 3 bars of 3G all day. As long as you get the coverage you need, that's all that matters. I have a bunch of friend and everyone is on the 4 networks, only 2 of them have VZW. No one else complains about their coverage and they have blackberries and other smartphones.
    07-06-09 02:49 PM

I too switched from Storm to the iPhone and haven't looked back. I just got tired to constant freezing and rebooting. Yeah, people are complaining that iPhone battery life is poor but my storm battery life was worse from all the reboots.
    07-06-09 08:49 PM
    I'm on verizon now. I'm using my curve again because I just sold my storm on ebay. I was planning on getting the tour sunday but now I'm looking at the 3gs also. I had the reg 3g for bout 3 days then I returned it. I don't think I gave it enough time. It seems like the new one is much better. Faster etc. I'm just not sure. I want to be able to have more fun and entertainment on my phone and be able to do more. I'd just hate to pay etf for vzw and go to att. Agghhhhh decisions.

07-06-09 08:58 PM
    yeah I'm about to go dive into the iPhone ring too. personally I think it will everything the BlackBerry and more.
    07-06-09 10:24 PM
    Back in December I went from the Storm to the iPhone. No regrets.
    07-06-09 10:26 PM
    Just recently made the switch. Happy as a clam. The storm was my introduction to the smart phone world and I appreciate wut i learned and the community I became apart of but its unfortunate wut i went thru with the device I chose. le sigh. I do love my iphone tho and the storm will always have a place in my brain
    07-07-09 12:41 AM
    I can echo all of the comments above. I switched over the weekend. I had the Storm since its release. I really wanted this device to work. Many software releases later, I still had to reboot multiple times per day. That spinning icon became a more prominent part of my time with the phone. This was especially troublesome when I needed to make a call and the icon would spin and spin for minutes at a time.

I got a 32GB 3GS on Sunday. I couldn't be happier. The phone just works, as do all of the apps I have downloaded. The ATT coverage is actually slightly better for me than Verizon was (YMMV).

The addition of wi-fi is amazing. ATT and VZW can bicker about their 3g speed, but 802.11g really destroys them both.
    07-07-09 07:55 AM
    I got the 3G a few weeks after it came out and then I sold them and picked up a couple Storms on launch day. Worst decision ever. I sold them to some sucker who bought them for 350 each from me and I re-activated my account with AT&T and got my iPhone back. Ever since then I was switching between the iPhone and Bold, but when the 3GS hit, the Bold hit the drawer and I am happy to say I am a one device man LOL.
    07-07-09 08:24 AM
    Haha.. I still use a Storm because I'm in IT and we use Office Communicator.. so until the day comes that an OCS native client hits the iPhone, I'll have to carry both.

However, my storm barely turns on unless I hear the profile ringtone from OCS..
    07-07-09 12:24 PM
    Hey all I'm a storm owner that is seriously considering the switch from VZW to AT&T to get the iphone 3GS. But I have a few concerns relating to multi tasking. I love being able to load a web page, send a text then make a call all while the web page loads. Now the down side to the storm is...well too long to list here. Buggy and laggy OS, constant lock ups and the need to reboot at least two times a day. AT&T has great coverage in my area so that's not an issue but I dint look forward to paying the ETF either. But honestly though, I'm not sure how much longer I can put up with crap storm.

Last edited by DawgMan; 07-08-09 at 07:43 AM.
    07-07-09 07:37 PM
    Hey all I'm a storm owner that is seriously considering the switch from VZW to AT&T to get the iphone 3GS. But I have a few concerns relating to multi tasking. I love being able to load a web page, send a text then make a call all while the web page loads. Now the down side to the storm is...well too long to list here. Buggy and baggy OS, constant lock ups and the need to reboot at least two times a day. AT&T has great coverage in my area so that's not an issue but I dint look forward to paying the ETF either. But honestly though, I'm not sure how much longer I can put up with crap storm.

GSM allows you to make a call and surf the web at the same time, with Safari and tabbed browsing, you can load several pages at the same time while on a call. You can also send and receive SMS messages while you are on a call.

If you are also connected via WIFI, you can send email while on a call, I'm not sure if you can do that without WIFI, someone correct me if I am wrong.
    07-07-09 08:19 PM
    GSM allows you to make a call and surf the web at the same time, with Safari and tabbed browsing, you can load several pages at the same time while on a call. You can also send and receive SMS messages while you are on a call.

If you are also connected via WIFI, you can send email while on a call, I'm not sure if you can do that without WIFI, someone correct me if I am wrong.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com. Thanks for the info. Sounds like I will get the iphone.

07-07-09 08:58 PM
    I hate to admit it, but I am going to get a 3Gs and not a Bold. I still love BB and RIM, but it is time for them to step up to the plate when it comes to apps, and mobile web. I really hate to have to do it, but just can not go on with the crappy BB browser. I have opera on my curve, but really safari blows it out of the water, I now use my itouch more than my berry to check email and browse the web.
    07-07-09 08:59 PM
    Stupid question: Why do the bb owners all bash the iphone about muti-tasking? I think the individual should decide what phone best fits their needs. But that's just my 2 cents.

07-07-09 09:03 PM
    I switched from the storm to the iphone and i love it. i only wish my iphone's battery worked like my storms..
    07-07-09 09:05 PM
    i switched from a storm to a iphone 3gs and i love it no lagging or anything i love it
    07-07-09 10:24 PM
    Hey all I'm a storm owner that is seriously considering the switch from VZW to AT&T to get the iphone 3GS. But I have a few concerns relating to multi tasking. I love being able to load a web page, send a text then make a call all while the web page loads. Now the down side to the storm is...well too long to list here. Buggy and laggy OS, constant lock ups and the need to reboot at least two times a day. AT&T has great coverage in my area so that's not an issue but I dint look forward to paying the ETF either. But honestly though, I'm not sure how much longer I can put up with crap storm.

jailbreak an iphone and download backgrounder. real multitasking. the neative apps multitask great on the iphone anyways why do you need more?? this seems like such a moot point, but i dont understand why people desperately need multitasking so badly? my 3gs launches apps so quickly its painless to just reopen things as you need them... and a lot of apps have push notification now so now worries right?
    07-08-09 07:59 AM
    I liked my Storm but that sure press made me bonkers. I simply could not type with it. The IPhone keys are easier to use.
    07-09-09 04:32 PM

GSM 3G allows for simultaneous voice and data, so you can do anything voice and data at the same time. So yes, you can email while on a call with a 3G connection. WiFi doesn't have to be enabled.
    07-09-09 04:58 PM
    Stupid question: Why do the bb owners all bash the iphone about muti-tasking? I think the individual should decide what phone best fits their needs. But that's just my 2 cents.

Not a stupid question, it is very valid. See BB users don't understand this, but the iPhone does multitask, just not with third-party apps. I would rather take a phone that can't multitask third-party apps (unless you jailbreak, and it work real good), than a phone that has constant memory leaks and nowhere near enough app memory.

I do LOVE my Bold though.
    07-09-09 05:02 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD